[/QUOTE]

yeah but add in trout And there is no comparison for top 4 in order

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Re: Hamilton Pujols bating 3/4 is scary

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS,

Hopefully not.

and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

What #1's are out there to sign?

[/QUOTE]

I meant ells and Letrade part of a trade for ace not really a signing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to craig2174's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With that line up and that pitching staff they could be very scary team next year. 

texas lost out on greinke and hamilton, maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS, and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

Dempster hopefully looked at as number 4 or 5

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

My basic thought, besides it being an overpayment, is that they aren't as scary as you think.

• Pujols/Hamilton .859/.930
    • WMB/Papi .835/1.026
    • Fielder/Miggy .940/.999
    • Gordon/Butler .822/.882
    • Mauer/Willingham .861/.890
    • ARam/Braun .901/.987
    • Craig/Holliday .876/.877

There are other combos I could cite as well.  Pujols/Hamilton is a very good combo, but it doesn't quite blow the doors off the rest of the league.  For 2 players costing 1/3 of the team salary, I'd expect elite instead of merely very good.

[/QUOTE]

Add in trout

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With that line up and that pitching staff they could be very scary team next year. 

texas lost out on greinke and hamilton, maybe Ells and lester could be on their way for a SS, and we still have not signed our number 1 yet?

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

My basic thought, besides it being an overpayment, is that they aren't as scary as you think.

• Pujols/Hamilton .859/.930
    • WMB/Papi .835/1.026
    • Fielder/Miggy .940/.999
    • Gordon/Butler .822/.882
    • Mauer/Willingham .861/.890
    • ARam/Braun .901/.987
    • Craig/Holliday .876/.877

There are other combos I could cite as well.  Pujols/Hamilton is a very good combo, but it doesn't quite blow the doors off the rest of the league.  For 2 players costing 1/3 of the team salary, I'd expect elite instead of merely very good.

[/QUOTE]

Add in trout

[/QUOTE]

Trout wasn't in the thread title.  Besides, he doesn't have enough of a history to make it reliable to predict.

Past that, they had both Trout and Pujols last year, and they weren't scary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Not as scary as you think. Mashers don't hit well in that park. MO VAUGHN for example.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Angels have bought themselves the moniker of "favorites to win the NL West".  Thats about it.  They will mash, this year, for sure, except when hamilton gets gurt for a long stretch, which he probably will.  But, beyond Weaver and Wilson, they get really thin in the rotation.  Boston has a better overall rotation.  The bullpen is, as all pens are until proven otherwise, shaky.  Hamilton makes them better, no question.  But they don't have the pieces that Detroit had when they added Fielder to Cabrera, and that didn't get them anything they didn't already have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What #1's are out there to sign?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  I wonder if it ever occured to some people (perhaps even myself at times) that sometimes there isn't what we would consider an optimal move out there.

The reality is if we want a true #1 starter we would like have to grossly overpay.

[/QUOTE]

Right. The Sox only overpay for platoon players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I think Hamilton's offensive production will drop off similar to how Pujol's did. They play half their games in a pitcher friendly park. They will still hit, but not as much as it may look on paper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox just keep falling behind everyone in overall talent.  Short term deals to mostly platoon players and a 35 year old pitcher with no more talent than Lackey is embarassing to all of of us who pay to watch them at Fenway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you get what you pay for...we are a 2nd tier team at best now...glad so many of you agree with ben's philosophy of risk aversion