Hamilton to the Yankees Fodd fir Thought.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Hamilton to the Yankees Fodd fir Thought.

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, but unless Cano get seriously hurt in 2013, the Yankees will retain him because no one else is going to pay him even close to what the Yankees final offer will be.

Swish is off the books, Tex is in decline, so they will have no problem budgeting old Josh if they really want him. If Texas signs him, it will be because the Yankees rejected him. The Red Sox can't afford to outbid the Rangers on a long term deal for old man Josh, so it will be the Rangers or the Yankess, and I bet it's the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Cano will receive multiple 30M/yr offers, but will ultimately accept the one offered by the Yanks. 

[/QUOTE]

Not for a 10 year contract he won't. Or 9 or 8 or 7.

10 years is what he is telling others he wants.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

True, but unless Cano get seriously hurt in 2013, the Yankees will retain him because no one else is going to pay him even close to what the Yankees final offer will be.

Swish is off the books, Tex is in decline, so they will have no problem budgeting old Josh if they really want him. If Texas signs him, it will be because the Yankees rejected him. The Red Sox can't afford to outbid the Rangers on a long term deal for old man Josh, so it will be the Rangers or the Yankess, and I bet it's the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Cano will receive multiple 30M/yr offers, but will ultimately accept the one offered by the Yanks. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is getting any 10 year contracts anymore. I also think that contracts in excess of 4 years are going to become an increasing rarity. If the Sox and Yanks aren't handing them out who is going to?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is getting any 10 year contracts anymore. I also think that contracts in excess of 4 years are going to become an increasing rarity. If the Sox and Yanks aren't handing them out who is going to?

[/QUOTE]

Going to be interesting when Cano's time rolls around.

I'm guessing the Steinbrenner boys haven't forgotten Boras encouraging ARod to opt out.

And the fine mess that got them into. 

Boras doesn't exactly send a tingle up Hal's leg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The Dodgers sitting on all that TV money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Dodgers want to sign guys to ten or even 5+ year deals I say go for it. Eventually they'll learn what the Yanks and Sox already have, those deals don't usually work out that well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

pike

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just saw a car going down the road here with a dog in a cage on the top of it. I thought that Romney was vacationing in Hawaii.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was going to the Obama residence for the main course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Dodgers want to sign guys to ten or even 5+ year deals I say go for it. Eventually they'll learn what the Yanks and Sox already have, those deals don't usually work out that well.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Carnie loves his fraternity. SOUND THE  ALARM. CALL UP J-BAY ASAP. Get his Pike's AZZ banned. Carnie can't handle it. Poor Boy.

[/QUOTE]

pike

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankee Stadium,  being a home run haven for left handed hitters , would be paradise for Hamilton.  Have to feel that the Yankees are after him , no matter what they are saying about payroll.  And , let's face it , they almost always get who they want.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you.  If Hamilton doesn't remain with the Rangers I definitely could see him signing with the Yankees. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Marlins trade Stanton, they can count on playing their home games in front of 37,000 empty seats at that nice new stadium next year.

[/QUOTE]
    My brother lives in Florida, near Miami, and many of the Florida residents are very upset at the owner for making the trades that he did.  You would think that he was serious about having a competitive team after building that new ballpark.  As I have posted on many other threads, both of the Florida baseball franchises need to be moved to another location.  Considering that the Marlins just built that new ballpark, they aren't relocating anytime soon.  Even Orlando would be a better location. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dodgers have the dollars and will pay Cano.

Yankees do not want another ARod type contract.

Cano will looking for at least 6 years @ 20+mil per.

Cano has already stated the Yankees will not be getting a discount.

[/QUOTE]

The NYY don't want another ARod contract?  I vaguely remember a Yankee telling me repeatedly about what a great contract it was.  As often as I had mentioned he was starting his decline, and would continue to decline for 10 more years, it was like ARod was the singularity that was going to produce at high levels and become this era's Dorian Gray.

[/QUOTE]

You seem to remember what you like to remember.

I don't remember anyone raving about his contract.

I do remember you being challenged after the 2006 season for your comments saying he was in decline as a hitter after he hit 35 homeruns that season.

Myself and others (Vic) arguing he was only 30 years old and it was too soon for that kind of talk.

If you recall I posted several examples of players who's numbers dipped for a season and then rebounded.

Then in 2007 he hit 54 homeruns and 156 RBIs.

Keeping things in context this was before he was outed publicly for PEDs and all of us thought we were dealing with a player's natural skill decline.

Now that his body is falling apart and we find out he was an abuser it kind of negates comparisons to players who fell from grace naturally because of age.

[/QUOTE]

Your disremembering.  This was after 2007 when I made that bet with Vic.  The bet was that his 2008 OPS would be lower than his career OPS, which I won .965 v .967.

And virtually everyone, at that point, knew he was a product of PEDs.

And while the fall from grace was no doubt enhanced by the PEDs, there was almost no chance of him not suffering a catastrophic deterioration in the final 5 years of his contract, in a sport where hitting ability declines at age 32, and declines rapidly at age 36.

FWIW, I said the same thing about Carlos Lee and Pujols.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the Steinbrenner boys haven't forgotten Boras encouraging ARod to opt out.

[/QUOTE]

IRT to Boras, H&H had a perfect opportunity.  Maybe, just maybe, if there was a crazy GM out there, they might've offered ARod $175M/7.  The NYY should've told Boras that their new offer was $200M/8, and then told that the next time he comes back, it'll be $175M/7, and have a very nice day.

IRT Cano, it isn't always the length of the contract, but the age span.  Longer is riskier, but they could still make a very solid 6-year offer that would take him to age 35, and then throw away one year at age 36 if they felt it necessary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dodgers have the dollars and will pay Cano.

Yankees do not want another ARod type contract.

Cano will looking for at least 6 years @ 20+mil per.

Cano has already stated the Yankees will not be getting a discount.

[/QUOTE]

The NYY don't want another ARod contract?  I vaguely remember a Yankee telling me repeatedly about what a great contract it was.  As often as I had mentioned he was starting his decline, and would continue to decline for 10 more years, it was like ARod was the singularity that was going to produce at high levels and become this era's Dorian Gray.

[/QUOTE]

You seem to remember what you like to remember.

I don't remember anyone raving about his contract.

I do remember you being challenged after the 2006 season for your comments saying he was in decline as a hitter after he hit 35 homeruns that season.

Myself and others (Vic) arguing he was only 30 years old and it was too soon for that kind of talk.

If you recall I posted several examples of players who's numbers dipped for a season and then rebounded.

Then in 2007 he hit 54 homeruns and 156 RBIs.

Keeping things in context this was before he was outed publicly for PEDs and all of us thought we were dealing with a player's natural skill decline.

Now that his body is falling apart and we find out he was an abuser it kind of negates comparisons to players who fell from grace naturally because of age.

[/QUOTE]

Your disremembering.  This was after 2007 when I made that bet with Vic.  The bet was that his 2008 OPS would be lower than his career OPS, which I won .965 v .967.

And virtually everyone, at that point, knew he was a product of PEDs.

And while the fall from grace was no doubt enhanced by the PEDs, there was almost no chance of him not suffering a catastrophic deterioration in the final 5 years of his contract, in a sport where hitting ability declines at age 32, and declines rapidly at age 36.

FWIW, I said the same thing about Carlos Lee and Pujols.

[/QUOTE]

What transpired between you and Vic is possible but I do remember our exchanges in 2006 regarding what you said at the time was ARod's demise.

But if I had known at that time that he was a cheat I never would have defended him, would not have wasted my time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IRT to Boras, H&H had a perfect opportunity.  Maybe, just maybe, if there was a crazy GM out there, they might've offered ARod $175M/7.  The NYY should've told Boras that their new offer was $200M/8, and then told that the next time he comes back, it'll be $175M/7, and have a very nice day.

IRT Cano, it isn't always the length of the contract, but the age span.  Longer is riskier, but they could still make a very solid 6-year offer that would take him to age 35, and then throw away one year at age 36 if they felt it necessary.

[/QUOTE]

A 5 year contract in my mind will be the cut-off for the Yankees heavily larded abeit which will amount to 30 mil per. I believe that will be their cut off.

I think the Dodgers are crazy enough to top it though.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Yanks will be a bigger disappointment this year than the Siena Saints are. Yankees are all in a sudden cheapskates and it is a huge disappointment to their fans ( who deserve better) and to the taxpayers who are paying for the new Stadium.

Somehow the Yankees will end up with some of those relief funds for Hurricane Sandy coming from Obama. I of course agree that such entitlements are not warranted and let those people on Staten Island fend for themselves like previous generations did in the good old days. As Romney said these folks are merely looking for another handout.

[/QUOTE]

pike we have a dumb sh*t governor in NY who won't move on hydro-fracking as Pennsylvania looks across their border at NY and laughs.

This is what 1 party rule produces, mediocrity.

Mean time inept klutz Cuomo begs for federal dollars for Sandy because he says NY has no money.

Btw the dodgers now have the highest payroll in MLB history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Could be. I would think Cashman would be more focussed on finding a 3rd baseman right now though.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Yanks sign Youk to the 1 yr contract and let ARod sit out the whole year so he is healthy for the 2014 season.  Not sure about the Hamilton deal since I really believe the Yanks are serious about getting under the luxury tax for just 2014.  After that they go back to the free spending Yanks because the penalty will be a minor thing again for them instead of the 50% they are now paying.  They have to sign Cano...no choice there.

[/QUOTE]

True to form, Traven shows up to discuss the Yankees. When are you going to lose the Boston avatar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

What are the Yankees going to do with a blond who can't pitch?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Could be. I would think Cashman would be more focussed on finding a 3rd baseman right now though.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Yanks sign Youk to the 1 yr contract and let ARod sit out the whole year so he is healthy for the 2014 season.  Not sure about the Hamilton deal since I really believe the Yanks are serious about getting under the luxury tax for just 2014.  After that they go back to the free spending Yanks because the penalty will be a minor thing again for them instead of the 50% they are now paying.  They have to sign Cano...no choice there.

[/QUOTE]

True to form, Traven shows up to discuss the Yankees. When are you going to lose the Boston avatar?

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back pike.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Medic87's comment:
    [QUOTE]

would not surprise me a bit if they went out and got hamilton, then somehow pry stanton away from FLA too.  would not be surprised at all.

[/QUOTE]

Unless they throw a ton of money to Florida, there is no way they have the farm system to do that at all. Stanton is too good.

[/QUOTE]

not saying Fla would trade him to the yankees ( dumb if they do ) just would not be surprised.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts