Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury

Don't forget Mr. Hanky was also "Less Paul" (sic) for a while.

I was always amused by his "advanced chronology" i.e. in spring 2009 the Soft One would refer to Ellsbury (a month in Boston in 2007 plus his rookie season in 2008) as a "3-year veteran".

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Remember when hw said Gardner is a better player and will end up with more Career HRs than Ellsbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

does anyone know why he dislikes him so much? i mean the kid is an upstanding guy. he doesn't cause drama and has developed into a phenominal player. I don't even think hes had his best season yet. big numbah two is an animal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Peskypole,

You're missing the forest for the trees!

This is not about Ellsbury.  Never has been.  Hank/betterdead/Softy made an early "GM" call on Ellsbury's relative baseball worth, & has been proven wrong ten ways to Sunday.  As a world class narcissist, poor old Hank can't handle being proven wrong!  In fact, the ever mounting stats proving him wrong only serve to motivate him in proving EVERYONE else to be foolishly swayed by "small sample" idolatry.  You see, Hank is completely incapable of even considering the possibility of having made a premature prediction on Ellsbury's potential. 

So....  stop trying to figure out how Hankyboy can continue to bitterly cling to his pathetically desperate calls for anyone to replace Ellsbury.  Forgetaboutit!

Just sit back & enjoy!  It's too much fun watching it to bother trying to rationally understand his pathetically delusional arguments.  :) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury":
    does anyone know why he dislikes him so much? i mean the kid is an upstanding guy. he doesn't cause drama and has developed into a phenominal player. I don't even think hes had his best season yet. big numbah two is an animal Posted by mef429
    Two reasons 1 He went to college 2 he is Native American.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

plus he stole home against the yankees and passed on hitting for the cycle

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury:
    I  may need some help from the rest of you as for a long time I would just read the board without having an account and posting. However, I want to break down the chronology of Hank/Softy and his Ellsbury issue 1) Crisp is better than Ellsbury 2) Ellsbury will never hit for power. Crisp should be kept 3) Cameron should play over Ellsbury --------------------------------------After the MVP caliber season by Ellsbury Excuse Mode: 1) Accuses Ellsbury of being on PED's 2) Ellsbury is a product of the players around him 3) This season pitchers will figure him out...will pitch him away making him hit the ball with power to the opposite field which he can't Let me know if I missed anything. The PED stuff cracks me up more than anything especially when Hank's new cry is how the pitchers will figure him out this year and Ellsbury has no power the opposite way...wouldn't PED's that he is supposedly on give him power the opposite way? LMAO... Anyway, list all the the other dumb things he has said about Ellsbury and the excuses he has given. I am sure he will join this thread as well and give us some new material. 
    Posted by thepeskypole6

You've probably been reading the board longer than I have. So, I'm no help there.

Besides, when is the last time he posted something worth remembering?

Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury

Talk about a mismatch!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury:
    In response to "Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury": Two reasons 1 He went to college 2 he is Native American.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

Don't forget Softy claimed to be part Cherokee for about 15 months....of course now he denies that claim and the Cherokee heritage. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

You can be sure that the Cherokee's deny that claim too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There was a big debate about potential, and although Crisp had two seasons with 15 or so HRs, he had dropped in offense once with the Sox. softy claimed that Crisp had more potential, because he had already "proven" he could do it.

Softy also claimed Jacoby would never go over .340 for an OBP. Then he said he could never do it for a whole season. Then he changed it to .350. later to .355. Then it was leadoff OBP. then it was vs LHPs for one season only. Then it was because we had AGon 2 batters away in the line-up. Then it was because he saw more fatsballs (disproven by the way). What's next for the silly clown?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

does anyone know why he dislikes him so much? i mean the kid is an upstanding guy. he doesn't cause drama and has developed into a phenominal player. I don't even think hes had his best season yet. big numbah two is an animal
    Posted by mef429

My hunch has always been that a girl he's stalking has a big crush on Ellsbury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

There was a big debate about potential, and although Crisp had two seasons with 15 or so HRs, he had dropped in offense once with the Sox. softy claimed that Crisp had more potential, because he had already "proven" he could do it. Softy also claimed Jacoby would never go over .340 for an OBP. Then he said he could never do it for a whole season. Then he changed it to .350. later to .355. Then it was leadoff OBP. then it was vs LHPs for one season only. Then it was because we had AGon 2 batters away in the line-up. Then it was because he saw more fatsballs (disproven by the way). What's next for the silly clown?
    Posted by moonslav59

ohhhhhh i get it now. hes just butt hurt that ellsbury has proved him wrong time and time again.
     personally i think the fact that he put up #'s like that from the leadoff spot makes it that much more impressive. I'm only 19 so i have limited baseball experience but my dad has been watching baseball for 50 years and has never seen anyone put up those numbers from the #1 spot. talk about a superstar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : Don't forget Softy claimed to be part Cherokee for about 15 months....of course now he denies that claim and the Cherokee heritage. 
    Posted by Chilliwings

My wife's paternal great-grandmother was a Cherokee princess ... the ancestor's told her that even if Softy had been one of the people, they would have found a suicide mission to send him on.  Such as picking up buffalo chips - during a stampede.

(Softy, please don't correct me that it was the Lakota {Sioux} that called themselves "The People."  I didn't use the singular claim of propriety.   And the buffalo chip expedition would not have occurred until after the trail of tears....)

After further ... investigation ... it seems Softy thought that his years of snacking on pemican somehow made him ... Native American.

And he did own a Cherokee (Jeep) for a little over a year ...

Confused mind ....

But we knew that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Wouldn't this be like Muhammad Ali vs. anyone not named Joe Frazier?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by mef429

There are whispers of anti-native american sentiment, but you didn't hear it from me.....just some guys on the boards were talking about it. Oh crap, did I just post this? Sorry, meant to send you a private email. Oh well, what's done is done....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : My hunch has always been that a girl he's stalking has a big crush on Ellsbury.
    Posted by LloydDobler

That's been bantered about quite a bit too, especially in game threads where it's come up. I think it's the funniest possibility.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Hank has a new whipping boy, Aviles.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : That's been bantered about quite a bit too, especially in game threads where it's come up. I think it's the funniest possibility.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Wasn't it that Softy was the one who had the crush on Ells??Tongue Out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

and once aviles proves him wrong who do you guys thing will be his new punching bag? my moneys on Youk

his argument: youk is far too old, hes a liability defensively, made of glass and TBH his bat isn't all that good. you can get a guy who avgs 25HR, 90RBI and a .3000 OBP off the streets...

and after that its andrey bailey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : Wasn't it that Softy was the one who had the crush on Ells??
    Posted by J-BAY

Indeed. Was actually caught streaking towards him one night in the 6th inning, or so I hear anyway. Just the sight of it put Ellsbury on the DL for 4 months. It wasn't about the cracked rib folks, that was just cover.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : Wasn't it that Softy was the one who had the crush on Ells??
    Posted by J-BAY

no, thats me. still do and probably will until he retires regardless of what happens when he becomes of FA (well i shouldn't say that..... he could sell his soul to the devil. but its doubtful that the evil empire would sign a guy who stole home on them)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury :   Indeed. Was actually caught streaking towards him one night in the 6th inning, or so I hear anyway. Just the sight of it put Ellsbury on the DL for 4 months. It wasn't about the cracked rib folks, that was just cover.
    Posted by TheExaminer

it was how Ells cracked his ribsTongue Out

Exam, will you be able to do the game thread thursday??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Hank/Softy vs Ellsbury : no, thats me. still do and probably will until he retires regardless of what happens when he becomes of FA (well i shouldn't say that..... he could sell his soul to the devil. but its doubtful that the evil empire would sign a guy who stole home on them)
    Posted by mef429

mef, group of us watch/post during the games. you're more than welcome to join us. 

Sections
Shortcuts