Hanley in a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Hanley in a trade?

If he is not thrilled about playing third base down South,  considering his contract over the next few years is a bargain (in a trade)  if he retains his offensive output. That being said, I believe Bobby V. could work with this talent and temper the attitude and get the most out of this talent.   At SS for the Sox he would be a fair option defensively. The talent depth at SS for offensive/defensive combo is quite light.
    It might require Middlebrooks and other prospects, but consider the fact... we get another offensive talent in an All-Star infield from third to first.
    I am sure this will ignite some fireworks, but I ask that you consider the potential upside here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Hanley in a trade?

In Response to Hanley in a trade?:
    [QUOTE]If he is not thrilled about playing third base down South,  considering his contract over the next few years is a bargain (in a trade)  if he retains his offensive output. That being said, I believe Bobby V. could work with this talent and temper the attitude and get the most out of this talent.   At SS for the Sox he would be a fair option defensively. The talent depth at SS for offensive/defensive combo is quite light. It might require Middlebrooks and other prospects, but consider the fact... we get another offensive talent in an All-Star infield from third to first. I am sure this will ignite some fireworks, but I ask that you consider the potential upside here.
    Posted by LeftyGrove[/QUOTE]

IT'S BAAAACK!

Another Hanley Ramirez trade post -- WHEN WILL IT EVER JUST GO AWAY??

I'll say it again, this guy is a clubhouse cancer (he learned from the best, his namesake Manny) and he is not good defensively, yet still a select few want to bring this malcontent back to Boston, over and over and over again!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I dunno, Dog. A couple years ago there were 100 or so Adrian Gonzalez trade threads that I thought to be just delusional.

Guess what? He's here. 

Lots of folks hoping for a repeat performance, I think, with H. Ramirez.

No that it's a good idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Cherrington spent his whole winter doing a juggling act to get the payroll down to $176 mil. ( $2 mil. below luxury tax limit) and you want him to add on $11 mil. to pay Hanley?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Lefty Grove rolls in his grave at this very moment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR"   ANOTHER "DESPICABLE" RAMIRIZ WILL NOT BE IN OUR BELOVED FENWAY PAAAAK !!!!!  EVAAAAA  AGAIN !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Its probably not going to happen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Partial solve:

Trade Youk, Beckett and Iggy for Hanley and a pitching prospect.

The Marlins are close for the wildcard but they need another strong starter and someone willing to play 3 B. It all depends on how badly they want to move Hanley.

The Sox need another bat and a capable SS. I would feel comfortable with Aviles and Punto sharing 3 B moreso them sharing SS. In addition it moves Beckett--who will be a distraction all season. This may wind up being the big trade LL talked about since early in the post season.

Then sign Oswalt and Gonzales.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade?:
    [QUOTE]Partial solve: Trade Youk, Beckett and Iggy for Hanley and a pitching prospect. The Marlins are close for the wildcard but they need another strong starter and someone willing to play 3 b. Then sign Oswalt and Gonzales.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Gee I don't know how Bill-806 would deal with that...trading a few fatcats for other fatcats and flushing the team down the toilet in the process!!

Not to mention, the Marlins would do backflips and sing the praises of Ben Cherington across the baseball universe if he accepted that trade!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Partial solve: Trade Youk, Beckett and Iggy for Hanley and a pitching prospect. The Marlins are close for the wildcard but they need another strong starter and someone willing to play 3 B. It all depends on how badly they want to move Hanley. The Sox need another bat and a capable SS. I would feel comfortable with Aviles and Punto sharing 3 B moreso them sharing SS. In addition it moves Beckett--who will be a distraction all season. This may wind up being the big trade LL talked about since early in the post season. Then sign Oswalt and Gonzales.

Yes, please make that trade. NY would be very happy Tongue Out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Yes, please make that trade. NY would be very happy Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] Haha...I think Madmc is a Yankee fan as well. All of his trade proposals make the Sox significantly worse....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]Partial solve: Trade Youk, Beckett and Iggy for Hanley and a pitching prospect. The Marlins are close for the wildcard but they need another strong starter and someone willing to play 3 B. It all depends on how badly they want to move Hanley. The Sox need another bat and a capable SS. I would feel comfortable with Aviles and Punto sharing 3 B moreso them sharing SS. In addition it moves Beckett--who will be a distraction all season. This may wind up being the big trade LL talked about since early in the post season. Then sign Oswalt and Gonzales.

Sox lose their best pitcher, their second best right handed bat and their defense oriented ss prospect and get hanley ramires and all around head case and awful defender.

That totes makes the sox better

not really and any gm who made that trade would fired imidiatly and for good reason!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If they made that trade:
    Lineup:
    Ells
    Pedroia
    AGon
    HanRam
    Papi
    Ross
    Salty
    Aviles
    Sweeney

Reserves:
    Shop, Punto, DMac, Nate Spears

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]If they made that trade: Lineup: Ells Pedroia AGon HanRam Papi Ross Salty Aviles Sweeney Reserves: Shop, Punto, DMac, Nate Spears Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE] Yes, but no one in their right mind would ever consider making that trade...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]If they made that trade: Lineup: Ells Pedroia AGon HanRam Papi Ross Salty Aviles Sweeney Reserves: Shop, Punto, DMac, Nate Spears

No offense Mad,  but let's break down this "mad" trade proposal:

So the Sox might get a slight upgrade with Hanley for Youk, but now have no 3B and no top starting pitcher...not to mention one of their top prospects is gone too...

...then they'd go and overpay for Oswalt, who only comes to Boston for the payday, considering he doesn't want to play here otherwwise and Mike Gonzalez, another retread like Hanley is brought back and all's right in the world...except on the Sox 25 man roster!!

Please don't try to further justify this terribly mad, I mean BAD, trade proposal!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brown615. Show Brown615's posts

We don't need this kid.  He is never happy and is always a distraction.  I'd love a great SS, particularly defensively; but he is not it.  We have spent a fortune at SS but gotten bad results.  I loved Nomy, I went to Georgia Tech, but, we won a World Sreies because of his trade, and we have had deadbeats since.  Scuter was a really neat player; he played hard all the time; not great, but a much better player than the guys we spent so much on.  We can get by with a solid player at short because we are sooooo strong at 2nd. We certainly DO NOT need a trouble maker in the clubhouse, and that is what Hanley is!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": Haha...I think Madmc is a Yankee fan as well. All of his trade proposals make the Sox significantly worse....
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The Red Sox would be much worse if this trade happened. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hanley in a trade? : IT'S BAAAACK! Another Hanley Ramirez trade post -- WHEN WILL IT EVER JUST GO AWAY?? I'll say it again, this guy is a clubhouse cancer (he learned from the best, his namesake Manny) and he is not good defensively, yet still a select few want to bring this malcontent back to Boston, over and over and over again!!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]
    Could I agree more? I think not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : why does pike keep repeating that when we all know what larry said Even with the low spending offseason, Lucchino insists this year's payroll could still continue to climb. "If anything this 2012 budget will be the highest budget in Red Sox history," Lucchino said. "It's been pretty high the last few years, it's going to be even higher this year. I expect they're going to see that we're going to fly by the luxury tax threshold." http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/larry-lucchino-disputes-notion-there-is-a-budget-expects-to-fly-past-luxury-tax-threshold-in-2012.html
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

My moniker is FortMeade not Pike.

There has been a thousand articles in the newpapers, media, blogs, and hours on talk radio about the Red sox and yankees doing their best to stay below the luxury tax threshhold because of future changes in the luxury tax regulations and giveback on the revenue sharing funds in future years. It has been discussed in this forum on numerous threads and Moonslav has the payroll new tabulations daily. Larry Lucchino isn't supposed to telegraph the spending plans to the media. The payroll will increase from last year and it will be their highest at $176 mil so he was correct on those accounts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett will be moved this season...he is too expensive and will whine like a baby when he gets boo'd and/or Bobby V tells him to speed up his lazy azz on the mound....

and Soxdog...are you the new Pike? Telling people what they can and cant post? did you think Agon was going to come here after all the talk for the past few years?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]Beckett will be moved this season...he is too expensive and will whine like a baby when he gets boo'd and/or Bobby V tells him to speed up his lazy azz on the mound.... and Soxdog...are you the new Pike? Telling people what they can and cant post? did you think Agon was going to come here after all the talk for the past few years? Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] The only way Beckett is moved is if the Sox are completely out of the race by the deadline because they suffered catastrophic injuries. In other words, don't hold your breath, Beckett's not going anywhere...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you think injuries are the only way the sox will be out of it by the deadline? this is exactly the opposite of the scenario i see causing the trade...a listless, mediocre team filled with aging players who shouldve been moved after last season...ben is going to be looking hard at youk and beckett i believe in july...papi is on his final lap, and lackey is out of the picture for now and maybe forever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett will be moved this season...he is too expensive and will whine like a baby when he gets boo'd and/or Bobby V tells him to speed up his lazy azz on the mound.... and Soxdog...are you the new Pike? Telling people what they can and cant post? did you think Agon was going to come here after all the talk for the past few years?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Well I don't remember exactly, but I'll admit I likely didn't think a trade with SD would happen before AGON reached the final year of his contract in SD, when they'd realize they'd be losing the player if they retained him.

AGON is in a different league from Ramirez, he at least is not a negative influence in the clubhouse...and to bring him to Boston would be contrary to your advocacy of ridding the team of malcontents.

This trade proposal was so bad, for the Red Sox, that I hold a right to question someone else's post if it even implies a detrement to the team.

If that makes me a Pike, well it is what it is...it is an interesting comment coming from someone who tries to influence this board with negative mumbo-jumbo when he jumps off a player's bandwagon.

Sections
Shortcuts