Hanley Ramirez Gifted to Dodgers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Hanley Ramirez Gifted to Dodgers

That's because LA has areal GM that actually knows his job. The Sox have a fraud, similar to the one at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

That is what happens when:

1. you jog after a live ball.

2. you are the 13th best 3B in MLB and you get paid like a superstar.

3. you are in your prime years and you can't field.

4. your '11 + '12 is   .245  /  .327  /  .404

5. your '06 + '10 was  .313  /  .385  /  .521

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

They did get a guy who is a potential #3 or 4 starter who is cost controlled for years. It is amazing Hanley was available so cheap though. He still has hit quite a few HR. A change of scenery and maybe he does put up great numbers. Was Ozzie his kind of manager? I surely doubt that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I bet BV wanted no part of Hanley.

What is interesting to me is just how many players are moving. The new CBA appears to put eveyone on a flatter playing field and when teams have a shot they are going for it. It may not happen again for a while with many teams.

Pittsburg just picked up Wandy? Arod may be hurt? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez Gifted to Dodgers:
    [QUOTE]I bet BV wanted no part of Hanley. What is interesting to me is just how many players are moving. The new CBA appears to put eveyone on a flatter playing field and when teams have a shot they are going for it. It may not happen again for a while with many teams. Pittsburg just picked up Wandy? Arod may be hurt? 
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Arod has a fractured hand.Guesses are he'll be out 6-8 weeks. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It's all about the money Softy! It is funny because check out this report on mlbtraderumors.com:

3:59pm: Though the Marlins are waiting for the Dodgers to show interest in Ramirez, no significant talks have taken place between the teams yet, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports (on Twitter).

Then there was report around 6PM that the Marlins would have to pick up some cash on any Hanley deal.

3-4 hours later the Dodgers scooped him up and picked up all his salary.

Personally, I think Loria is on the move. Stay tuned. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I know Miami's GM is infatuated with Crawford.

Also, from everything I hear, this is a boom or bust turning point/season for the franchise, and simply selling off parts will effectively be the deathe sentence for the Marlins...who just built a new stadium.

I would expect Miami is getting ready to make some kind of splash.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Hanley dreams for Red Sox reunion are finished

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

JJ will be the next to go--BenC. you can trade for him.

CC plus Lester, Pimental, Britton plus Iggy and Cash. 

Get him BenC.--your Nomar trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Pirates should have landed Hanley. The Red Sox don't need him, he possesses the exact same character flaws as 1/4 of our team already. We don't need more poor attitude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Hanley is not worth what they got.   He is a failed experiment.  His career is over at a young age from minor injuries and attitude problems.  Too big to play short.  Not great at 3rd.   And no power.  

So, why do you guys want him again?  Why does ANYBODY want this guy?  He is a slug.   Marlins were lucky to get rid of the bum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]JJ will be the next to go--BenC. you can trade for him. CC plus Lester, Pimental, Britton plus Iggy and Cash.  Get him BenC.--your Nomar trade.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

If you really think the marlins are gonna take all that extra salary your crazy. The yankess got Ichiro for peanuts and a bag of balls. The dodgers got hanley for some pre-chewed bubble gum and a box of cracker jacks. If the redsox dont find a player that can help this team for little or no cost ( Cuz those kinds of players are obviously available for close to nothing) then its gonna become pretty obvious that someone in the redsox front office isnt trying hard enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

The Sox and Phils are mirror images of the same team, experienced and expensive veterans as regulars and pitchers. Last year, the Sox were the best team Evah, and the Phils had the best staff ever. Sixteen months later, both teams sit in last place, blaming injuries for their plight. The Phils can't get rid of their veterans fast enough, shopping everyone including Hunter Pence. Pence costs them some significant prospects, and now they want prospects back. By signing Hamels, they signal the new Phils will be built around younger quality pitching and not grizzled veterans, like Oswalt and Halladay.
     The success of the Nats, A's and even to some degree the O's, is showing the rest of the league what "value" is all about. The White Sox rebuilt most of their team in the last two years keeping about 6 position players, 3 starters and 1 reliever, and are strongly in the mix, letting Buerhle go for free agent dollars was brilliant. Meanwhile, the Red Sox inked veteran pitchers Beckett and Lackey, and have been stuck with Dice-K, because of his contract, throw in Crawford and you can see the difference in the way the new winning ways are being developed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

let's see how it plays out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hanley is damaged goods from several perspectives.  The Dodgers are gambling.  It could work, but it's still a gamble.  They took Manny Ramirez as I recall. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Salary dump by the Marlins. Dodgers were one of the few teams willing to pick up all of his salary. It is a gamble because Hanley has been playing poorly for two years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]The Pirates should have landed Hanley. The Red Sox don't need him, he possesses the exact same character flaws as 1/4 of our team already. We don't need more poor attitude.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
    I agree.

Sections
Shortcuts