Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....

Yes I desire this for a few reasons. I am ready for the Orioles to get back into the game, and they need to bring in some studs.

I cannot take any more "re-aquire Hanley" threads on this board.  I do not want Hanley. He is proving more troublesome by the day, even undermining the overall teams mental state. More, I do not want the Red Sox to have an all*star at every position, I want to be challenged.

What could be more exciting than to get a former Sacred Red Sox prospect into the AL East, and on a team that we used to be excited and worried about facing? Nothing would be as good as this. Fans could get to see one of the best young stars come to Fenway regularly. 

Hanley does need to go to a team where leadership is already established, and to a team that can afford to bring in more big names. Orioles owner Peter Angelos proved in the 90's he was willing to anti-up, no reason to believe he won't try again to buy a pennant. Buck Showalter and Brian Roberts should be able to provide the discipline Ramirez seems to need.

Anyone agree with me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....

In Response to Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....:
    [QUOTE]Yes I desire this for a few reasons. I am ready for the Orioles to get back into the game, and they need to bring in some studs. I cannot take any more "re-aquire Hanley" threads on this board.  I do not want Hanley. He is proving more troublesome by the day, even undermining the overall teams mental state. More, I do not want the Red Sox to have an all*star at every position, I want to be challenged. What could be more exciting than to get a former Sacred Red Sox prospect into the AL East, and on a team that we used to be excited and worried about facing? Nothing would be as good as this. Fans could get to see one of the best young stars come to Fenway regularly.  Anyone agree with me?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]  GOOD POST, IM WITH YOU !! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Is baltimore sending JJ hardy in the deal? What do you think the O's should give up? I dont have much knowlege of their farm system..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Absolutely you trade Hardy if the Marlins want him.  Brian Roberts should be around for another 2 or 3 seasons....  and I hope someone can let us all know if the Orioles have what it takes other than what I laid out... anyone?

Bill-806 agrees, it would be great to really set this division on fire and get the O's back to their glory days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Burrito...I for one, am fine with the Orioles being a cellar dwellar. The issue in Baltimore is the owner (Angelos) who for more than a decade has run the team with an eye on the bottom line. I've always said they're the sleeping giants in the AL and given the market they play in could easily compete dollar for dollar with the Sox. Angelos is why they aren't a perenial power, just look at the turnover thye've had in management through the years...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

he'd hit 50 bombs playing 1/2 his games in that pony league field

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It is going to be hard for the Marlins to trade Ramirez, let alone right now. They'd have to sell double low, low because of his YTD performance and low because of his contract.

By treading water they get to see if his offensive production can rebound which will increase the haul they get for him and they can make other moves to soften the blow of trading the player they made the offensive face of the franchise so they can create the buzz they will want to have coincide with their moving into their new stadium. That's my opinion any way.

As for Hanley, I just as soon he reside anywhere but the AL East just because ...

Just my takes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....if he keeps running afoul of McKeon he may not have a choice...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Buck Showalter would strangle him!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....:
    [QUOTE]Buck Showalter would strangle him!!!
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]I hadn't thought about it but that would either be a good relationship (Hanley respected the guy) or a terrible one. At any rate that take made me LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Strangle him? Maybe  Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I think Hanley needs a fresh start somewhere so why not Baltimore but can't see him and Buck getting along Joe Madden and the Rays maybe a better landing spot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is the least likely landing spot - the Rays cannot afford him.  Of course the Angles are an option too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez to the Baltimore Orioles....:
    [QUOTE]That is the least likely landing spot - the Rays cannot afford him.  Of course the Angles are an option too.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

point well taken wasn't thinking about money just that Maddon seems to get the most out of his young talent but you are  right the Rays would never pay him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I'd like him to poison the well in NY.  The Sox are lucky to have passed on RamII!