Hanley Ramirez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Hanley Ramirez?

In Response to Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]At this time I think our main concern for the Sox is shortstop, righty bat and a starting pitcher. If we could swing a deal for Ramirez we could fix two of these needs with one trade. What would it take? Well probably Jose Iglesias, Ryan Kalish and Felix Doubront. Losing Kalish wouldn't hurt as much with the emergence of Josh Reddick and Theo must have figured on trading one of Kalish or Reddick when he signed Crawford. Igelsias would be the centerpiece of this trade for Florida, a young Oz Smith who would bring in the Hispanic fans. The third player involved could be the problem. I would not include Anthony Ranaudo or a top position player like Ryan Lavarnay (this kid looks great), in any trade.Yes, for the most part, it would leave lefties as our better outfield hitters, but maybe its worth it. With our current roster (even if healthy) I don't think we could beat Philadelphia in the World Series. What do you think? 
    Posted by jjkoko[/QUOTE]

I'm still not convinced Reddick is the answer but with the addition of Hanley it would certainly alow us time to find out.  I still want to see another 100 or so AB for Josh against lefties.  He can crush a fast ball but also needs work on off speed stuff.

I would love to have Hanley back, his offense would probably cover any deficiencies at SS better than Scuter.  I'm also thinking Hanley may at some point play the OF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]At this time I think our main concern for the Sox is shortstop, righty bat and a starting pitcher. If we could swing a deal for Ramirez we could fix two of these needs with one trade. What would it take? Well probably Jose Iglesias, Ryan Kalish and Felix Doubront. Losing Kalish wouldn't hurt as much with the emergence of Josh Reddick and Theo must have figured on trading one of Kalish or Reddick when he signed Crawford. Igelsias would be the centerpiece of this trade for Florida, a young Oz Smith who would bring in the Hispanic fans. The third player involved could be the problem. I would not include Anthony Ranaudo or a top position player like Ryan Lavarnay (this kid looks great), in any trade.Yes, for the most part, it would leave lefties as our better outfield hitters, but maybe its worth it. With our current roster (even if healthy) I don't think we could beat Philadelphia in the World Series. What do you think? 
    Posted by jjkoko[/QUOTE]

LOL....he's owed about $5.5M for this year and then $15M, $15M and $16M the next 3 seasons. The red flops don't want to pay the luxury tax as evidenced by the agone extension charade. Then with agone's salary escalating next year combined with other increases for other players I just don't see it happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hanley Ramirez? : LOL....he's owed about $5.5M for this year and then $15M, $15M and $16M the next 3 seasons. The red flops don't want to pay the luxury tax as evidenced by the agone extension charade. Then with agone's salary escalating next year combined with other increases for other players I just don't see it happening.
    Posted by The--Babe--[/QUOTE]

We have a lot of salary off the books next season.  Drew, Cam and Scuter are probably gone and Pap is also a possibility.  I think we will keep David

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hanley Ramirez has major attitude issues.  Major. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : We have a lot of salary off the books next season.  Drew, Cam and Scuter are probably gone and Pap is also a possibility.  I think we will keep David
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Understood, but those players don't get replaced for free. Add in a significant jump in agones salary (about $15M) and the increases that other roster players receive and it just doesn't seem likely that they are gonna spend an extra $15M/yr on a poor fielding .250 hitting SS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hanley Ramirez? : LOL....he's owed about $5.5M for this year and then $15M, $15M and $16M the next 3 seasons. The red flops don't want to pay the luxury tax as evidenced by the agone extension charade. Then with agone's salary escalating next year combined with other increases for other players I just don't see it happening.

Babe:  "agon extension charade?"  What charade?  Your beloved Yankees wouldn't have done the same thing to ease cap space.  If you're meaning a "trick" you're wrong.  If you're meaning a "smart business move" then you're right on.  I really think you're just being a silly trool, so at the end of day your perspective of how the Sawks do business is really irrelavent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : Understood, but those players don't get replaced for free. Add in a significant jump in agones salary (about $15M) and the increases that other roster players receive and it just doesn't seem likely that they are gonna spend an extra $15M/yr on a poor fielding .250 hitting SS.

Cam/Drew = Reddick or Kalish
    Pap = Bard
    Scuter = Hanley

Looks like we already have inexpensive alternatives if we trade for Hanley and not a RF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : Understood, but those players don't get replaced for free. Add in a significant jump in agones salary (about $15M) and the increases that other roster players receive and it just doesn't seem likely that they are gonna spend an extra $15M/yr on a poor fielding .250 hitting SS.

Babe, 

As usual you're misinformed, which is not surprising seeing some of your comments. Hanley has a .308 batting average with Florida in six seasons with a .381 OPS. 

Hetchinspete   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Hanley seems a little immature and thats a big warning sign when bringing him into Boston to play at packed Fenway everyday.  I have always liked him though.

Maybe Iglesias and Kalish and another B level prospect would get it done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Let's see..... Ingesias would bring Hispanic fans to the ballpark with his Mendoza like hitting, but Hispanic Hanley Ramirez, wouldn't.
    Huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : Babe,  As usual you're misinformed, which is not surprising seeing some of your comments. Hanley has a .308 batting average with Florida in six seasons with a .381 OPS.  Hetchinspete   
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

That's great, but he's hitting .246 now.

That's like me saying that Tex is a .280 hitter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : Babe:  "agon extension charade?"  What charade?  Your beloved Yankees wouldn't have done the same thing to ease cap space.  If you're meaning a "trick" you're wrong.  If you're meaning a "smart business move" then you're right on.  I really think you're just being a silly trool, so at the end of day your perspective of how the Sawks do business is really irrelavent.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

It certainly was a charade. And the Yanks don't do the same thing, they pay the luxury tax.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Marlins do not want to trade Hanley Ramirez. They've moving into a new ballpark, re-naming the team Miami Marlins, and using Hanley Ramirez as their main attraction and centerpiece for rebranding. He's not going anywhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see..... Ingesias would bring Hispanic fans to the ballpark with his Mendoza like hitting, but Hispanic Hanley Ramirez, wouldn't. Huh?
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Iglesias isn't just Hispanic - he's Cuban.  I would think that would be a big plus in Miami from a marketing standpoint.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]The Marlins do not want to trade Hanley Ramirez. They've moving into a new ballpark, re-naming the team Miami Marlins, and using Hanley Ramirez as their main attraction and centerpiece for rebranding. He's not going anywhere.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

I think the Marlins would be open to trading Hanley.  I think that's a big factor that goes into these back-loaded contracts.  They figure they can get the 'sweetheart' part of the sweetheart deal, and trade him to a larger market team toward the end of the contract, when he's closer to market value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

An extra 15m?? getting rid of scuturo's 6m (?) contract makes it  9m salary bump. don't forget they also rid themselves of cameron's 7m.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley Ramirez? : An extra 15m?? getting rid of scuturo's 6m (?) contract makes it  9m salary bump. don't forget they also rid themselves of cameron's 7m.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Crawful's contract jumps $5.5M, so that's pretty much a wash with scut. And the leaving players don't get replaced for free. Someone mentioned paps=bard, but have you seen what happens when bard tries to close? What about the raises other players who are under contract are due? Not to mention the red flops will need a starter to replace dice k, who will be paid $10M next year while on the DL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

No, we have no need for a poor defensive player with major attitude problems. His offense is also showing holes this season, as teams figure him out. Bellsbury for Kemp, that is how we improve a weak CF, more important than working on SS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Weak centerfield?  You have to be joking.  Jake was only voted into the all-star game by his peers and is now in the top five in the AL in hits, runs, average, doubles, and stolen bases. 

And guess what?  The Sox don't have to clear out their entire minor league system to get Ellsbury because he's already on the Sox team. 

Sections
Shortcuts