Hanley to the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elguy. Show elguy's posts

Hanley to the Red Sox

When are the Sox going to get in the mix for a trade for Hanley Ramirez? He wants to play short and I would be happy to see that happen. Seattlle may be in the mix to make that happen.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Hanley to the Red Sox

In Response to Hanley to the Red Sox:
           When are the Sox going to get in the mix for a trade for Hanley Ramirez? He wants to play short and I would be happy to see that happen. Seattlle may be in the mix to make that happen.
    Posted by elguy

He can't play SS.

We don't need offense.  Finishing first in offense doesn't, by itself, constitute an award.

SS isn't really a need.  Scutaro hit much better than Hanley did last year.

Focus on what we need, not what we don't need.  You don't replace 5-year old windows when there is hole in the roof, just because the new windows are prettier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Why would the marlins want Scutaro?
    2) Han Ram is not a good fielding SS, so we'd be better playing him at 3B or RF.
    3) He's not that cheap, but is still a "good market value" player.
    4) The Marlins will want a lot for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

This board claimed Hanley would not be solicited at this time. Clueless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

keep dreaming...hanley is a marlin as long as loria owns them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

A fool is unable to understand that Hanley is being shopped. Because of his bad attitude it will be difficult for the Marlins to find market quid pro quo. But they are trying to sell him, as I said they would. 

And that pitiful new rainbow and facelift nonsense for a doomed franchise location. Balloon payment contracts and ripping off taxpayers, pitiful. Used car lot of MLB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

hank, just stop....seriously...you dont know anything about the marlins and you have proven so since you posted under your law monikers...

just stop

the marlins arent shopping hanley, get over it as its a pipe dream anyways

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

You are the only fool who claims Hanley is not being shopped. Word is in, on and all over the streets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Hanley to the Red Sox:
    You are the only fool who claims Hanley is not being shopped. Word is in, on and all over the streets.
    Posted by hankwilliams

and its all correct on my side...or do you remember how you claimed hanley was being shopped 2 years ago?

your obsession with hanley is a bit creepy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz. Show jdcfreshkickz's posts

Congrats Gronk ur the man, nice audible by Brady swell keep your down on the Redskins throat.... Let's go Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Scutaro hit much better than Hanley did last year.---joebreidey
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the second time you've made this incredibly shortsighted statement as if it actually means something. That's some seriously silly cherry picking when talking about two players whose talent levels are on different planets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hanley would be a cheap solution to the shortstop position by swapping him for Scut and trading the no hit kid for cash. We would end up with a guy who should have never left the red sox fold. For those who scream about his bad attitude we should point to the last month of last season. Perpahs Hanley could have had used his bad attititude in beating the crap out of the bums who thought a few beers and some chicken were better than winning. It was for the lack of a Hanley that we lost. No, the red sox will not spend the money on a good starter or good closer. They will move up those who did a decent job in bullpen to starters and have no pen. But they will save money and you guys will still pay $150 for a seat and your own couple of beers while John Henry gets richer.

Posted by teddybaseball009

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

and its all correct on my side...or do you remember how you claimed hanley was being shopped 2 years ago?

It is all incorrect on your side. Hanley is being shopped. And I stated, correctly, two years ago, that Hanley would be shopped before the new ballpark opened. You falsely claimed he would not be shopped as he was an essential part of opening the new ballpark and would finish his balloon contract with the Marlins.

your obsession with hanley is a bit creepy

In fact, you are boasting about what the owner bought Hanley and how much the owner loves him. What is truly creepy is your childlike fixation on Hanley staying like he is your personal idol. I could care less about the guy, and wanted a trade for Kemp last summer and up until this winter. But he and his bad attitude and young age are a fit for the Red Sox. If Cherrington offers Ellsbury and Lowrie and cash for one year difference on Ellsbury 2012 arbitration and Hanley 2012 contract then your idol will be with the Red Sox. I doubt Cherrington does more than squat on his 2 year arbitration player who is seeking Crawford's parking space. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

and its all correct on my side...or do you remember how you claimed hanley was being shopped 2 years ago? It is all incorrect on your side. Hanley is being shopped. And I stated, correctly, two years ago, that Hanley would be shopped before the new ballpark opened. You falsely claimed he would not be shopped as he was an essential part of opening the new ballpark and would finish his balloon contract with the Marlins. your obsession with hanley is a bit creepy In fact, you are boasting about what the owner bought Hanley and how much the owner loves him. What is truly creepy is your childlike fixation on Hanley staying like he is your personal idol. I could care less about the guy, and wanted a trade for Kemp last summer and up until this winter. But he and his bad attitude and young age are a fit for the Red Sox. If Cherrington offers Ellsbury and Lowrie and cash for one year difference on Ellsbury 2012 arbitration and Hanley 2012 contract then your idol will be with the Red Sox. I doubt Cherrington does more than squat on his 2 year arbitration player who is seeking Crawford's parking space. 
    Posted by hankwilliams

but he isnt being shopped and i believe only buster olney is saying he is...and buster doesnt have the best track record on this and he doesnt take into account loria's man crush either

and actually...i think the marlins would be better to deal him...but selling low isnt even remotely smart on the return of talent he would bring...if anything, they wait and see how his shoulder is, see if his bat gets back on track, see how he handles 3rd, etc. and not trade when those variable are still very present to not only the marlins, but all of baseball after the media blitz

plus the marlins have no use for a center fielder who throws like a girl, we already had juan pierre thanks and lowrie? please...because we need a triple A shortstop?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

but he isnt being shopped and i believe

He is, and MLB sellers almost always deny a player is being shopped, see Jeff Moorad about Agon going nowhere.

You have an overpaid head case SS. Lowrie would be the 3rd baseman that your departing lousy defensive SS does not want to be. Due to attitude, offers for Hanley will probably be too low, but he is being shopped for the same obvious reasons fo 2 years ago. Just a sure as his balloons are about to pop. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

but he isnt being shopped and i believe He is, and MLB sellers almost always deny a player is being shopped, see Jeff Moorad about Agon going nowhere. You have an overpaid head case SS. Lowrie would be the 3rd baseman that your departing lousy defensive SS does not want to be. Due to attitude, offers for Hanley will probably be too low, but he is being shopped for the same obvious reasons fo 2 years ago. Just a sure as his balloons are about to pop. 
    Posted by hankwilliams

so you are comparing the padres who were constantly looking to trade gonzalez (and were even more flirtacious when hoyer took the job) to the marlins who have always bent over backwards to accomdate hanley? and have never said publicly that they are looking to do so? the marlins are one of the worst teams in professional sports at keeping a secret and yet you have the inside dish? come on man, grow up

you just dont understand baseball, do ya?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Ozzie will make sure Marlins keep the kid and will straighten him out before next year...he just needs an attitude adjustment...something Ozzie is good at.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Ozzie will make sure Marlins keep the kid and will straighten him out before next year...he just needs an attitude adjustment...something Ozzie is good at.
    Posted by traven

exactly...but like i stated in another thread...hanley was a big time cheerleader last year and seemed like a great teammate...i guess people think he is going to start acting like an idiot because he was hurt and the team was lousy

my guess? hanley may not be thrilled about 3rd base but sure appreciates having more talent on the team because winning and money go hand in hand in baseball

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I agreed with few posters here saying that Scutaro had a better year than Hanley last year, but that was because Hanley only played 92 games due to shoulder injury.  

Still if you carefully look at Hanley's stats in the last three years.  It does not look too impressive.  Believe or not, Pedroria, Youkilis and A-Gonz all have better stats than Hanley in three year periods.  Crawford/Ellsbury are not too far off against Hanley. 

So why the world you want to take 11 plus million dollars a year to join Boston as a starting SS with a shoulder injury history.  He is not like a guy that can hit over 30 homeruns a year with close to 100 RBI or over every year.  Do you think that Hanley can put a better numbers cuz the Fenway Park have a shorter dimensions at LF than the Marlins's LF?

For now it is much cheaper to keep Scutaro.  If you wan Hanley, then Boston have to trade Youkils and Scutaro to off set the payroll cost, and Boston will eventually need to find a new 3B.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

from what I've seen most of the Hanley rumors have come from other teams not Florida. 

I'd still put my money on HanRam staying put this winter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd bet that he's being shopped.  Bit IMO, if he isn't a SS, his value takes a big hit.  His stats over the past 3 years gives him an .860 OPS.  Great as a SS, a good bit less than that as a LF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

My thought is if you are not going to fill your staff with good quality pitchers fill your team with hitters that can mash.
    If the MM need an OFielder and we have two similar OF in CC and Ells either trade one of them even up for HanRam or forget the deal.
    The MM do not want Scu and they know Youk can't play a full seson at third--they want another name they can sell. My guess is if they had the money for Pujols they can afford Ells.
    Let's ad a little wood to the Hot Stove: Ells, Beckett and a prospect  for Hanley, Anabel or  Nolasco and a young relief prospect.

Sections
Shortcuts