Hanrahan, Bailey and Uehara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Hanrahan, Bailey and Uehara

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

I never knock my sox players. but i will say Han makes me very nervous. I did not like seeing the homer on Monday and the two last night. I know all pitchers can have a bad day or two or three. I will say watching last night and on Monday, I saw very little movement on his pitches (throwing to hard?). I also believe all three homers were on the slider which everyone says is so great (I dont think so). I will also say he got jobbed on the last two calls on the second walk he gave up last night. He should have gotten one of those calls which would have ended the game.

He needs to slow down and take a deep breath or I believe snake will be right, he gives up 5 more and blows another game he make take a seat for a few days to work on things.

Hey promise,
    Machado hit a FB up and in. The other night hanrahan threw all FB's as was stated by NESN, so thats 2 FB's. Cant remember the other one.

Hey southpaw, I make mistakes, but I could have sworn remy said it was a slider on Monday. You are correct On the Machado HR. Im getting old.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I never knock my sox players. but i will say Han makes me very nervous. I did not like seeing the homer on Monday and the two last night. I know all pitchers can have a bad day or two or three. I will say watching last night and on Monday, I saw very little movement on his pitches (throwing to hard?). I also believe all three homers were on the slider which everyone says is so great (I dont think so). I will also say he got jobbed on the last two calls on the second walk he gave up last night. He should have gotten one of those calls which would have ended the game.

He needs to slow down and take a deep breath or I believe snake will be right, he gives up 5 more and blows another game he make take a seat for a few days to work on things.

Hey promise,
    Machado hit a FB up and in. The other night hanrahan threw all FB's as was stated by NESN, so thats 2 FB's. Cant remember the other one.

Hey southpaw, I make mistakes, but I could have sworn remy said it was a slider on Monday. You are correct On the Machado HR. Im getting old.

No worries my friend. Lets just hope this was just a blip on radar. He did saved 3 games before this mess. Good to know we have a 2 time AS closer in Bailey to take over if things get bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hanrahan has good movement on his FB as we saw the first couple appearences. It was a bit flat last night, but that happens with all closers/pitchers from time to time. He has a nasty slider too.

I thought he was overthrowing last night and it was confirmed with his interview. I wouldnt panic just yet. Way too early to panic after one bad outing. If the time comes to where we need to change roles, Bailey will be able to step right in.

Boston media obviously jumps at the chance to over blow this. They are questioning the bullpen now. The media in this area is able to get the lemmings to follow their every word and put everyone in a panic. Its one game. We have 154 left. Relax.

Here, here .    .... I was not one bit surprised that CHB was talking about Han ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Hanrahan has good movement on his FB as we saw the first couple appearences. It was a bit flat last night, but that happens with all closers/pitchers from time to time. He has a nasty slider too.

I thought he was overthrowing last night and it was confirmed with his interview. I wouldnt panic just yet. Way too early to panic after one bad outing. If the time comes to where we need to change roles, Bailey will be able to step right in.

Boston media obviously jumps at the chance to over blow this. They are questioning the bullpen now. The media in this area is able to get the lemmings to follow their every word and put everyone in a panic. Its one game. We have 154 left. Relax.

Here, here .    .... I was not one bit surprised that CHB was talking about Han ...

The sky was falling with Felger too...Mazz was actually the voice of reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Papi.

No Breslow.

No Morales.

One start from Lackey and out.

Still tied for 1st place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

No Papi.

No Breslow.

No Morales.

One start from Lackey and out.

Still tied for 1st place.

exactly. Papi will be back soon and that line up will get situated the way it should be. Nobody thought the team would look as good as they have, and yet, most will complain if they dont win every game and find a reason to whine. welcome to RSN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Forget the stats; my eyeballs tell me the 2 Japan ese guys should be the 8th and 9th innings combo. Take your pick which is which, but they have the MOST STUFF, the most enthusiasm and the least amount of "fear" than anyone else in the bullpen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I think some of us are being too harsh on Hanny for what happened.  No doubt he lost his concentration after the second 'third strike that wasn't" but if the ump had gotten his job done there would have been no blown save. 

Hanny got the job done, the ump blew it, and then Hanny compounded the problem.

I'm not saying Hanny was blameless - he isn't.  I know that blown calls are a part of baseball, but to look at that inning chronologically, Hanny threw a third strike TWICE that wasn't called and therefore the ENTIRE blame shouldn't be laid at his feet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I think some of us are being too harsh on Hanny for what happened.  No doubt he lost his concentration after the second 'third strike that wasn't" but if the ump had gotten his job done there would have been no blown save. 

Hanny got the job done, the ump blew it, and then Hanny compounded the problem.

I'm not saying Hanny was blameless - he isn't.  I know that blown calls are a part of baseball, but to look at that inning chronologically, Hanny threw a third strike TWICE that wasn't called and therefore the ENTIRE blame shouldn't be laid at his feet.

It's just 2 games. I'm a little concerned, but it's not time to make a change just yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Why should we not be concerned?  His saves were shaky before he got rocked for the loss. I realize it is still very early, but he doesn't look comfortable or confident in closer role.  We know Farrell is going to give him some more time, but that is likely more about limited options than anything else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Why should we not be concerned?  His saves were shaky before he got rocked for the loss. I realize it is still very early, but he doesn't look comfortable or confident in closer role.  We know Farrell is going to give him some more time, but that is likely more about limited options than anything else.

We have more other options than most teams (Bailey, Uehara, & Tazawa).

Yes, Hanrahan has looked shaky, but all releivers go through short stretches (some longer than others) like this. He may have shorter leash than I imagine, but it's nice that Bailey is doing well and has the experience.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hanrahan looked good in his forst 3 saves. All closers have games like this. No need to worry at all right now.

Now, if he blows a couple more in a row, I would have to think hard about putting Bailey in there.

Uehara is not a closer who can not and should not handle that load. Bailey will be the next obvious choice and has been the best guy out there. No need for concern now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hanrahan looked good in his forst 3 saves. All closers have games like this. No need to worry at all right now.

Now, if he blows a couple more in a row, I would have to think hard about putting Bailey in there.

Uehara is not a closer who can not and should not handle that load. Bailey will be the next obvious choice and has been the best guy out there. No need for concern now.

I'm not saying Uehara can go 3 games in 4 nights, but he has gone 43, 65, 47, 36 innings the last 4 years. Most colosers go 50-70 innings, and Bailey did this with Oakland: 68, 47, 42.

I'm not for giving the job to Uehara, but I was making the point that we are a team with more closer options than a vast majority of MLB teams.

Sections
Shortcuts