Hanrahan done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Hanrahan done

What a bust this deal was for the Sox. It now works out that we traded four players for Brock Holt.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Hanrahan done

In response to az55's comment:

What a bust this deal was for the Sox. It now works out that we traded four players for Brock Holt.

Might be a blessing in disguise like Jenks but I do wish him a full recovery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

they should have resigned Papelbon.

I still want no part of his contract. Lets see how he is doing in year 4 of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

And they knew Hanrahan and Bailey would get hurt and Papelbon wouldn't?

Papelbon priced himself out of the picture. His best years are behind him, Philly will regret paying him like the superstar that he is not. Sox made the rigtht move attempting to get younger in this area, sadly, the guy who would have been an ideal closer would not have cost them a thing. They ruined Bard by moving him into the rotation, he was Papelbon's successor. After backpeddling on that move, Bard is a mess. Which forced them to go shopping. I haven't given up on Bailey just yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Hanrahan trade was a blunder. Own up to it and move on.  Papelbon was , and still is , one of the best in the game. Throwing him under the bus does not make the Hanrahan deal any better. Now , we just have to hope that Bailey can get and stay healthy.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Blunder you say...  I say this RS front office (before and now) are clowns.  Like I've said many times when you buy used stuff you get USED stuff and used stuff BREAKS just like used cars.

Does this sound familiar to you Hanrahan (the savior...) out with season ending and probably so-called career ending.  There's a guy still wearing a RS uniform you some call Mr. Lackless...

And of course that's not the end, there are a few other "used" saviors the RS signed up for their salvation and you know what happened to those saviors...

Stay tuned, one or more of those "used" positional savior players will, no doubt, blow up also.

Keep watching this "fire sale team" and you'll finally come to realize the current ownership has destroyed a storied franchise for years to come!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

But who will give up all the walks and bombs now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

You have to put this one in the "L" column for Ben - Melancon has been amazing, Pimentel has shown some promise, and Dejesus is hitting well at AAA.  Sands is a bust so far.

But all in all it's been a pretty good year for Ben so far - how many thought we'd be in first place on May 11?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How can it be a bust until we see what the players Pittsburgh got do?

I was actually one of the few that liked Melancon and thought he got a bum rap over small sample sizes with NY and Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Never want to see a guy have an injury like that that ends his season. Hanny seemed like a good guy. Overall BC has done a fine job in this bridge type year waiting for the young prospects over the next couple years...Cant predict these things. Hopefully Bailey can return next week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My big issue with the trade was that we Hanrahan was only under team control for 1 year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

How can it be a bust until we see what the players Pittsburgh got do?

The Red Sox are paying 7 million dollars for a 9.84 ERA and 2.18 WHIP in 7 innings. Thats a million dollars an inning. So unless you think Brock Holt has a future that will make up for that sunk cost, ANYTHING that the Pirates players add to their team in a positive is just icing on the bust cake. And Melancon has been butter. And Pimental might add something a couple of years from now. Its a bust, the only question is how big of a bust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Like Reddick, Pimental wasnt in our plans and there were a number of pitchers ahead of him. I liked Melancon. Cant predict injuries. he has no arm injury history.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Ben "Reverse Midas Touch" Cherington.....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

RS fans are amazing....

He has a major injury and most talk like he suked because he was just no good. Yet he had 3 of 4 saves in his first two weeks with one bad game which tells me he was hurt in that game or the one before.

For those that say Paps 32 yrs. old best yrs are behind him. Would you say yhat about Nathan and Valverde who are both less than 40 saves in front of him and one is 35 (3 yrs more of saves) and the other 38 (5 yrs more of saves).

Paps has been one of the top 3 or 4 closers for the past 6 years.

I say this all the time here....Most here hate Paps despite what he has accomplished they think he is a dumb redneck and a fool.

I have always siad not signing him would hurt this team for at least five yrs or more and so far,,,,,,,,,,,,

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to stapleton's comment:

they should have resigned Papelbon.

I still want no part of his contract. Lets see how he is doing in year 4 of it.

Let's see but for years 1 and 2 at essentially the same cost, the Red Sox have gotten nothing and Papelbon has saved 43 games already (out of 47 chances).

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlexFilides. Show AlexFilides's posts

I don't think the Sox miss much from losing Hanrahan for the season, he was decent, but replaceable.

The Sox have money to spend, go find another relief guy from a low contending team and problem is solved.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts