Hanrahan headed for 60-Day DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hanrahan headed for 60-Day DL

Just announced Hanny was placed on 60-Day DL and called up De La Torre

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/05/09/source-joel-hanrahan-headed-for-60-day-disabled-list/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This opened up a spot on the 40-man to call up Pawtucket reliever Jose De La Torre whom we acquired for Brent Lillibridge.

http://soxprospects.com/players/delatorre-jose.htm

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=t533&t=p_pbp&pid=473265

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Hanrahan headed for 60-Day DL

In response to southpaw777's comment:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/05/09/source-joel-hanrahan-headed-for-60-day-disabled-list/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This opened up a spot on the 40-man to call up Pawtucket reliever Jose De La Torre whom we acquired for Brent Lillibridge.

I mentioned a few days ago that I would not be surprised if we had seen the last of Hanrahan. That idea was quickly rejected by the responders. I said , " stay tuned."  The outlook now seems to bear out my view. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So Ben gets to live another day without making a decision on the 40 man roster.

You will have to make a trade or DFA Hassan if a position player goes down---Start plannig now--you know how you have trouble with trades.

My suggestion make Iggy the super sub similar to Jamie Carroll bring Boggie to the PawSox to play SS on a regular basis just to give him a test at the next level. DiSarcina would be a good teacher  and evaluator for Xander.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

No big loss.

He hasn't impressed me one bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Joel:  Coach, my bicep feels a little tight.

Ben:  Uh, John, I got this one.  60 Day DL.  Yup.  No question.  Yeaaaahhh, This loooooks reaaaal bad.  Yeah.  Ooooh, yeah, lets go with 60 and then we'll start talking about a lengthy rehab assignment,.  Can't be too careful Joel.  Hold on, let me get the medical team on line to confirm (fake dials on cell) ...  yeah, this is Ben, hanrahan has some tightness in bicep .... uh huh ... yeah, i know, we dont want to risk amputation .... thats what i thought .... (hangs up).  Yeah, 60 day DL

Joel:  but, my bicep is just a little ...

Ben:  Joel, Joel.  We value you too much.  60 day DL and thats the endof it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I mentioned a few days ago that I would not be surprised if we had seen the last of Hanrahan. That idea was quickly rejected by the responders. I said , " stay tuned."  The outlook now seems to bear out my view. 

He might have got bad news from Dr. Andrews. Wonder if he will have to have TJS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

damaged goods

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Hanrahan = Gagne 2

What a waste of money and a waste of a position on the 40 man roster. They knew about his hamstring issues and should have covered themselves financially so they would not get burned if the hammy became an issue-just like any other injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Hanrahan = Gagne 2

What a waste of money and a waste of a position on the 40 man roster. They knew about his hamstring issues and should have covered themselves financially so they would not get burned if the hammy became an issue-just like any other injury.

I can deal with early season hammy issues like hes had, because hes alway come back fine from them. This ulnar/forearm injury was unexpected. Not that you can predict these things. Have to agree, its looking like Gagne part II. Dont they have insurance on these guys?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

He might have got bad news from Dr. Andrews. Wonder if he will have to have TJS.

That's what I was thinking all along. Damaged goods from the start. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well this means a chance for someone else, next man up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

T-O-T-A-L

B

U

S

T

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, I qualify as one of the blind people on this board because I sure didn't see this coming.  Too bad, but definitely a lick against Ben C and the medical staff. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

His Red Sox career was probably a bigger bust than Bobby Jenks. That is sad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

I would say, given that he actually pitched in a few games and managed to save a couple, that his Sox tenure lies somewhere on the hallowed continuum between Jenks and Gagne.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I really enjoy Tim Brittons articles in the Providence Journal. Heres another on our new bullpen arm...

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2013/05/de-la-torre-gets-the-call.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I mentioned a few days ago that I would not be surprised if we had seen the last of Hanrahan. That idea was quickly rejected by the responders. I said , " stay tuned." The outlook now seems to bear out my view.

You are one of the few non-cheerleader sober objective posters on this board.

"Hammerhand" should be done, as it would be a mistake to bring this Gagne look-alike back on this team.

Thanks , I try to be results- oriented. I have always been that way about everything. If someone is producing, I will give credit. But I don't search for good things to say about the under- achievers. And I don 't like excuses. Results are what matters. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I would say, given that he actually pitched in a few games and managed to save a couple, that his Sox tenure lies somewhere on the hallowed continuum between Jenks and Gagne.

Gagne was horrible, but he actually was better than either of them if you can imagine that. The Monday morning quarterback will come out in all of us, but by giving the Pirates Melancon, we gave up too much. Oh well, at least Hanrahan is gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Gagne was horrible, but he actually was better than either of them if you can imagine that. The Monday morning quarterback will come out in all of us, but by giving the Pirates Melancon, we gave up too much. Oh well, at least Hanrahan is gone.

We also gave up young righthander , Stolmy Pimentel. He is currently dominating in AA. Not to mention the seven million down the tubes.  Looks like a major mistake.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

"The hallowed continuum between Jenks and Gagne"   Laughing that's funny s**t

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn you Papelbon, I wish you had just stayed with the Red Sox.  You son of a b***h.   LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Damn you Papelbon, I wish you had just stayed with the Red Sox.  You son of a b***h.   LOL

People here were saying that 12 mil. was too much to pay a closer. They agreed with letting Papelbon go. Now , we are paying almost as much for two closers , with nothing to show for it. Seven mil. completely lost on Hanrahan , not to mention the players we gave up. Papelbon was , and still is , one of the best in the game. I lost count of the number of blown saves we have had since he left. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

For the most part he was money.

Sections
Shortcuts