Hanrahan headed for 60-Day DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Hanrahan headed for 60-Day DL

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

No big loss.

He hasn't impressed me one bit.

Zilla I believe he didn't impress anyone. He certainly didn't impress Dozier or Machado.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Damn you Papelbon, I wish you had just stayed with the Red Sox.  You son of a b***h.   LOL

People here were saying that 12 mil. was too much to pay a closer. They agreed with letting Papelbon go. Now , we are paying almost as much for two closers , with nothing to show for it. Seven mil. completely lost on Hanrahan , not to mention the players we gave up. Papelbon was , and still is , one of the best in the game. I lost count of the number of blown saves we have had since he left. 

I think with most people it was the years. Although I had no issue with 4/48 for him. If we got 3 hreat years and one down year, I was cool with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Damn you Papelbon, I wish you had just stayed with the Red Sox.  You son of a b***h.   LOL

People here were saying that 12 mil. was too much to pay a closer. They agreed with letting Papelbon go. Now , we are paying almost as much for two closers , with nothing to show for it. Seven mil. completely lost on Hanrahan , not to mention the players we gave up. Papelbon was , and still is , one of the best in the game. I lost count of the number of blown saves we have had since he left. 

I think with most people it was the years. Although I had no issue with 4/48 for him. If we got 3 hreat years and one down year, I was cool with that.

Probably. Personally , I was okay with the five years.   His age and health were both in line with a four or five year deal. Obviously , any pitcher can break down at any time , as we are seeing now with Hanrahan.  Papelbon did well last year and so far this year. I think it was worth the risk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I mentioned a few days ago that I would not be surprised if we had seen the last of Hanrahan. That idea was quickly rejected by the responders. I said , " stay tuned." The outlook now seems to bear out my view.

You are one of the few non-cheerleader sober objective posters on this board.

"Hammerhand" should be done, as it would be a mistake to bring this Gagne look-alike back on this team.

He has been mentioned in recent conversations on local tv and radio.  Many of them believe that he won't play another game for the Red Sox.   They should have kept Papelbon.  He was expensive but they have wasted money over the past several years on closers that were injured and not very effective.  Of course I always thought Bard should have been the replacement at closer when Papelbon left.  Not sure that Bard will ever be an effective pitcher again. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I mentioned a few days ago that I would not be surprised if we had seen the last of Hanrahan. That idea was quickly rejected by the responders. I said , " stay tuned." The outlook now seems to bear out my view.

You are one of the few non-cheerleader sober objective posters on this board.

"Hammerhand" should be done, as it would be a mistake to bring this Gagne look-alike back on this team.

He has been mentioned in recent conversations on local tv and radio.  Many of them believe that he won't play another game for the Red Sox.   They should have kept Papelbon.  He was expensive but they have wasted money over the past several years on closers that were injured and not very effective.  Of course I always thought Bard should have been the replacement at closer when Papelbon left.  Not sure that Bard will ever be an effective pitcher again. 

BC was really in a spot having to give papi his money and not having enough left over for both. Had to trade scutaro to sign Ross and give up Reddick to get a cheaper closer. Those big name, big money deals are still affecting this team today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Rob Bradford @bradfo

Dr. Andrews determined Hanrahan has damage to flexor tendon. Pitcher on way back. Yet to be determined if will have surgery

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I said in March that Hanah was the type of player, based on this teams needs, that you go get in July if there is a need. We had Bailey, Melencon, Bard, Tazawa, and Aceves  - all who could have vied for the role of closer in April, May. 

Excellant point and right on the money,especially since last year was a bust anyway and Bailey had injury woes last year but proved previously that he can close games so why jump the gun on Hanrahan I think the Sox had the yips after letting Paps go.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts