Hanrahan / Iglesias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

Hanrahan / Iglesias

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-pirates-targeting-jose-iglesias-dee-gordon-in-joel-hanrahan-trade-talks/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_redsox

I saw this coming as soon as the Drew signing. Iglesias is a perfect fit for the Pirates. I hope they keep Jose. I wanted him to get a shot at the job this year. I'm hoping they can get Hanrahan for junk. Aceves or someone else they don't want.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strangeglove. Show Strangeglove's posts

Re: Hanrahan / Iglesias

Hello Trip,

If we can make room by flipping some of our spare pieces in our bullpen into something decent, I'd gladly send Iggy on his way  for Hanrahan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Pittsburg is the type of team someone like Iggy could up his stock.  My guess right now its pretty low.  Flipping him and someone like Aceves for Hanrahan might not be a bad return.  Still think we need a top of the rotation type but this one you should take.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to tripleb2066's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-pirates-targeting-jose-iglesias-dee-gordon-in-joel-hanrahan-trade-talks/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_redsox

I saw this coming as soon as the Drew signing. Iglesias is a perfect fit for the Pirates. I hope they keep Jose. I wanted him to get a shot at the job this year. I'm hoping they can get Hanrahan for junk. Aceves or someone else they don't want.

[/QUOTE]

They'd be foolish to consider Aceves "junk" or unwanted.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i would also send iggy for hanrahan. we have a lot of good SSs in our organization. most of them are a couple years away, with drew in the fold for 2013 that means iggy would likely get the starting nod in 2014. Marrero, Lin and XB are all SS who would likely be ready in time for the start of the 2015 season. so really iggy only projects to be starting for 1 year. (barring injury or dropoff by our SS prospects). From that perspective i would definitely trade iggy for Hanrahan to make out BP savage.

then the question becomes what happens to bailey?? his trade value couldn't be lower after the lost 2012 season.. do you make him the setup guy? do you trade him for scraps?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More incompetence. The Red Sox don't have a real SS, because it certainly isn't S. Drew. Iglesias fields the position well and is a good value, so it wouldn't surprise me if Cherry trades him for a flash pen dump like Hanrhan and trundles S. Drew out there to butcher the infield in what has become a Red Sox tradition of botched DP's and "he couldn't get to that ball".

[/QUOTE]

Aviles was also a butcher and he fielded the ball well. So i guess having the hands of a butcher is a compliment. and we have a ton of SSs in our system. they are 1-3 years away and since we're bridging to every other prospect why not bridge the SS position too?

what do you care anyway softy? you already claim they will be a last place team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They'd be foolish to consider Aceves "junk" or unwanted.

[/QUOTE]

If and when Aceves is moved you will eventually notice a huge hole that will have to be filled by 2 or 3 pitchers. He made a mistake showing up BV--we all make mistakes--the positive is to learn from the mistakes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

I actually like Aceves. Especially if he can be convinced to buy in to being a middle reliever, and be satisfied with that and stop pouting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Softy....I'm not thrilled with the moves this year..........but everyday for every transaction you've come on here with criticizm.......what moves did you like? what moves do you want to see Ben make?

I see Iggy for Han being a good move.......prospect for a proven MLB player......I also am confused about Bailey....why did we get him?....but maybe the Sox have some inside info on things.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox will trade Iglesias. Iglesias will start to hit and go on to an outstanding career. Then , the loyal Ben supporters on here will say " Who could have known that Iglesias would be that good?" As for the interest in Hanrahan; What happened to the idea that Bailey would be healthy and an elite closer this year ? Give up on that?  Meanwhile , Papelbon and Reddick are thriving elsewhere. Expect the same  scenario to repeat itself if Iglesias is dealt. And , expect more of the same excuses. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

Dumb...dumb trade idea. How the heck many relievers do we need? Who is the back up shortstop? I hate this trade, Iglesias is a generational defensive shortstop, let's give him a chance to hit. Who needs an expensive, trending downwares reliever on a 1 year deal? This is just about as dumb as it gets. How long is Drew going to stay healthy. Wow, Ben gets dumber by the day with his stockpile of relievers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

originally the pirates were looking at Doubront, now the Bucs has sign a starting pitcher. Iggy for Hanrahan is a big gamble, I, as a Sox GM would be very sure about giving up on a SS with high potential.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'm also kind of gun-shy about using our trade pieces for relief pitching after we got burned with Bailey and Melancon last winter...I'd rather keep Iglesias, Morales, and Aceves, or use our chips to land a SP if we're going to make a trade. Seems to me that we have enough closer-quality relievers that Hanrahan shouldn't be a priority; I'd just as soon wait to see if Bailey (who will still be just 29 next season, almost two years younger) returns to form.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The bullpen is the only part of this team that looks solid.  I don't know why they would do this trade.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

IglesiasIglesias can't hit. Another Theo blunder.  Get something for him and maybe Baikey and others fetch something.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Iglesias is more of a NL SS or utility player, might as well get something for him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Well, we do need a closer.  But.... Inglesias is 21.

Let's not say he can't hit.  Let's say he hasn't become a good hitter yet. 

I would like to send Aceves & a decent minor league player for Hanrahan. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The bullpen is the only part of this team that looks solid.  I don't know why they would do this trade.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.  Tazawa, Bailey, Uehara, slew of lefties including Breslow, Miller, Morales. Pen looks really good as is.  I would hope a trade for Hanraham would be followed by converting Tazawa back to a starter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Iglesias is just about 23.

IRT to the OP, I wouldn't make the trade.  It is only one year of a guy that isn't a lock.  And suppose Bailey is back to form?  Then we'd have traded 6 years of a possibly good Iglesias for one year of a guy that might be relegated to 7th inning duties.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stick to your XBOX whiner.

[/QUOTE]

Are you still not  clear on why people hate you and you constantly get banned?

Sections
Shortcuts