Hanrahan / Iglesias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Hanrahan / Iglesias

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

Bogaerts should be moved to 1B or 3B.

(Sidenote: Cecchini or Middlebrooks may be moved to 1B as well.)

We may be deep in SS prospects, but none are that great unless you believe Bogaerts will learn how to play SS well enough in the next 1-2 years.

Other SS prospects by rank:

10 Iggy (age 22)

13 Marrero (22)

19 Vinicio  (19)

32 Lin (19)

As I have said for 2 years now, I want Iggy as our starting SS, but if Ben is not going to give Iggy a chance, he should trade him.

Nice post! I agree completely. I hope they start Bogaerts at first. Much easier than handling SS and hopefully it will speed his progress to the majors.

Bogaerts is tall enough to play 1B, and moving him to RF as the clown wants is just plain silly.

I'm not sure who the best fielding 3Bman is out of Middlebrooks, Bogaerts or Cecchini, but the worst one should be moved to 1B this year, and the second worst should get some reps at 1B this year at some point.

most definitely!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hanrahan is a beast, an absolute beast, would be a good addition to the pen. Had some control issues last year, but even so, he's a beast, just a beast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Hanrahan is a beast, an absolute beast, would be a good addition to the pen. Had some control issues last year, but even so, he's a beast, just a beast.

He's had control issues for more than just last year:

BB/9

2012: 5.4

2011: 2.1

2010: 3.4

2009: 4.8

2008: 4.5

2007: 6.7

Minors:

2007: 4.3

2006: 4.9

2005: 4.5

2004: 5.7

2003: 4.1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If his control is in check, yes, hes a beast. If not, he will walk a ton of guys. hes had control issues throughout his career. Good thing we didnt give up a lot to get him for 1 year.

The deal isnt done yet as there are 3 more names to be revealed. Im hoping they got one of Sanchez or Jones to play 1b.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If his control is in check, yes, hes a beast. If not, he will walk a ton of guys. hes had control issues throughout his career. Good thing we didnt give up a lot to get him for 1 year.

The deal isnt done yet as there are 3 more names to be revealed. Im hoping they got one of Sanchez or Jones to play 1b.

I prefer Jones.  He would be a solid player, especially if Napoli isn't coming.

Something about Sanchez is fishy......(sorry).  But, seriously.  Not overly impressed with his stick.  Seems like he was thought to be more of a slugger than he actually is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I prefer Jones.  He would be a solid player, especially if Napoli isn't coming.

Something about Sanchez is fishy......(sorry).  But, seriously.  Not overly impressed with his stick.  Seems like he was thought to be more of a slugger than he actually is.

I agree, but It think the Buccos would want more for Jones and would rather part with Sanchez if given the choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

the bottom of BA's top 100 prospects is a "farm scrap". You said it- not me.

Why is Bogaerts

Get back to me when you figure out that the middle of BA top 100 prospects is not "the bottom".

Bottom half is bottom...cause I said so.

So, tell me how a sandwich comp pick projects to be better than #100.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Meloncaully supposedy headed to Pittsburgh....  who will be the other 2 players? I would have thought the Pirates might want Kalish or someone who can perhaps help their offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Meloncaully supposedy headed to Pittsburgh....  who will be the other 2 players? I would have thought the Pirates might want Kalish or someone who can perhaps help their offense.

I'm more curious about the other player coming to us, and who is going to be signed to fill the last 2 slots on the 40 man roster. (Maybe some Aaron Cook types)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

I'm more curious about the other player coming to us, and who is going to be signed to fill the last 2 slots on the 40 man roster. (Maybe some Aaron Cook types)

would that be drew and napoli? for the 40 man roster.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

We have 40 right now as it is, not counting Drew and Naps.

http://www.soxprospects.com/40man.htm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

We have 40 right now as it is, not counting Drew and Naps.

http://www.soxprospects.com/40man.htm

yes and so far we will deal pimental..sands and melancon...and we will get back hanrahan..thats 2 spots for drew and napoli....now we have to see who is the last guy going out from us..and who do we get as the 2nd player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bogaerts is tall enough to play 1B, and moving him to RF as the clown wants is just plain silly.

I'm not sure who the best fielding 3Bman is out of Middlebrooks, Bogaerts or Cecchini, but the worst one should be moved to 1B this year, and the second worst should get some reps at 1B this year at some point.

Why is that silly? He has a good arm and is a good athlete. It seems to me that Bogaerts would be wasted at 1B. Plus an outfield of Bogaerts, Bradley and Brentz sounds pretty good to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Like I said in another post "I Reallyconfued"  We sign a bunch of leftovers when we were suposedly rebuilding from the ground up. People commented on  my post that we have not given up any chips for what we got. Well it looks like we are now ready to give up some chips for one year guys that are not cheap. I am really not liking this, this looks like a big bandaid to me. One that wont stop the bleeding long term!

I would go with the kids and get the three years of horror over with!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ex,

I should check the other sites to see what you mean here, but it has been just this issue that buggered some of our other BP guys ...  Has he had a lifelong struggle here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

He's had control issues for more than just last year:

BB/9

2012: 5.4

2011: 2.1

2010: 3.4

2009: 4.8

2008: 4.5

2007: 6.7

Minors:

2007: 4.3

2006: 4.9

2005: 4.5

2004: 5.7

2003: 4.1

Shoot, Moon, I should have read one more post before I asked Ex about Hanrahan....

Thanks.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Why is that silly? He has a good arm and is a good athlete. It seems to me that Bogaerts would be wasted at 1B. Plus an outfield of Bogaerts, Bradley and Brentz sounds pretty good to me.

because an OF of Brentz, Ells, JBJ with XB on first sounds MUCH better :)

Sections
Shortcuts