Hanrahan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Hanrahan

Is he just under contract this year only? This is turning out to be a ugly trade for what we got from the Pirates.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Hanrahan

Rim shot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

I hear Hanrhan is considering surgery.

Awfully early in the season for a heart implant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Mark Melancon: 1ER in 18IP......woops.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Melancon was terrible here.  Hanrahan got hurt, you can't help that.  Look at how Lackey is pitching now.  He was hurt too but now after rehab and surgery we have a good starting pitcher again.  You can't compare the two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Actually, I thought Melancon, although a very rough start, finished strong and may have turned a corner.

He entered a game in yankee stadium with one out I believe based loaded, or 2 on. not sure. Anyway, he shut them down. I dont know, but he had a different look about him. more confident. Oh, and Pimental is doing well too.

Whatever, whats over is over and whats done is done. Looks like hes going to choose surgery which has a 6month rehab time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

Melancon was terrible here.  Hanrahan got hurt, you can't help that.  Look at how Lackey is pitching now.  He was hurt too but now after rehab and surgery we have a good starting pitcher again.  You can't compare the two.

I agree with South....I wouldn't say he was terrible here.  Take a look at his stats for the last 2 months of the season: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=melanma01&t=p&year=2012

In 19 appearences he didn't allow a run in 13 of them and pitched more than an inning of relief a bunch of times.  He was actually one of our more dependable pitchers the last few months....which for that trainwreck was saying something.  Melancon was also injure for some of the season so that could have 'helped' his inconsistencies in the middle of the year.

You're correct though...Hanny is injured so they really should not be compared.  I will say though....I was never a fan of the trade.  Thought the BP was our strength going into the winter.  Really wanted to see them go for more starting pitching in the Winter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Actually, I thought Melancon, although a very rough start, finished strong and may have turned a corner.

He entered a game in yankee stadium with one out I believe based loaded, or 2 on. not sure. Anyway, he shut them down. I dont know, but he had a different look about him. more confident. Oh, and Pimental is doing well too.

Whatever, whats over is over and whats done is done. Looks like hes going to choose surgery which has a 6month rehab time.

I saw him with the NYY before he joined us, and I always had some concern about whether he could pitch in high pressure situations.  He was younger then, and sometimes players mature, but he always had that deer-in-the-headlights look to him.