Hapiness Brigade marches on....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hapiness Brigade marches on....

Got onto all the "positive posters" bashing anyone and everyone for their concerns about 2013. These being the same people that were confident in Tito, Lester, Ortiz, Lackey, Beckett, and the ability of the team to win WSC en-masse.

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management. 

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

10) Positive fan is outnumbered by hater fan 10-1.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....

Rito'...given all that went wrong coupled with  the relentless bashing of everyone and everything surrounding the team the past 2 seasons(fans and media alike) what's wrong with a little positive.. i think you can still dislike what went on and still be hopeful of a turnaround, no??

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

pike, i'm pretty sure you know i'm a Yankee fan, was just speaking in general...my point was IRT any fanbase in terms of support/disappoinment...as for priorities, trust me on this..baseball will always take a far backseat to my wife and son.....except when the Yanks are on :-)...j/k...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to selenium's comment:

Now we know who Triumph- really is. How the weather in Fort Lauderdale this morning?  

I'm out of here for now. Enjoy it Yankee fan . Trolling on a rival team's forum with a monkey on your shoulder is your thing and your life. Enjoy yourself. 

Welcome back Pike! So many of us missed your senseless attempts to hijack interesting baseball threads here. Think you can behave yourself this time around?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Now we know who Triumph- really is. How the weather in Fort Lauderdale this morning?  

I'm out of here for now. Enjoy it Yankee fan . Trolling on a rival team's forum with a monkey on your shoulder is your thing and your life. Enjoy yourself. 

Welcome back Pike! So many of us missed your senseless attempts to hijack interesting baseball threads here. Think you can behave yourself this time around?

Fat chance, pumpsie. No one will ever accuse Pike of taking a hint.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

The thing is, JBay, that Pike actually does post some fairly intelligent comments about baseball when he chooses to do so. Why he strays from that is beyond me. The self-appointed policeman role he seems to fancy for himself is old, as is the hijacking of threads here. I hope he finally sees the light.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Rito'...given all that went wrong coupled with the the relentless bashing of everyone and everything surrounding them team the past 2 seasons(fans and media alike) what's wrong with a little positive.. i think you can still dislike what went on and still be hopeful of a turnaround, no??

Did you get your tickets about the Green Monster for opening day?  Strange priorities.

Now, this is where you have to see how absurb you are.  Jete might be a Yankee fan, but he is arguably the most respectful, nicest poster on the board.  I think its fair to say that absolutely no one on this board would be happy if jete left ... except you.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Rito'...given all that went wrong coupled with the the relentless bashing of everyone and everything surrounding them team the past 2 seasons(fans and media alike) what's wrong with a little positive.. i think you can still dislike what went on and still be hopeful of a turnaround, no??

Good morning Jete! I think you are spot on: not many of us here like what went on over the past two years with this team, but all the Sox fans here are hopeful of a quick turnaround and return to relevance in the ALE. I do not think anyone here has any delusions that this team as currently constructed can compete for a ring this year, and I think at least half here do not believe we will even seriously compete for a playoff spot this year. The positive yet realistic people here know that while this year and next year are rebuilding years, most likely, if the right moves are made in 2015 we could once again be an exciting team to watch. One very good thing Ben did (or, more accurately, did NOT do) is that he kept our prospects in-house. There are lots of them now and some are bound to contribute to a competitive team in 2015. Its going to be a tough two years, however, until then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

No hijacking at all. I just responded in detail to Burrito's OP. Will you please do likewise. Stop the witch hunt and respond to Burrito's OP about your Red Sox. Make the effort. Give it your best try. I'll be back later to see how you did. 

really?  your first post insulting Burrito, was deleted

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

#10 - I agree with you on this that positive Red Sox fans are about 10 percent here. I is very disappointing to see so few real Sox fans here.

Who appointed YOU to determine who is a Red Sox fan here and who is not? I think you are right about this: about 10% of the posters here think this is a team good enough to make the playoffs. But probably 95% of the fans here are die hard Red Sox fans and nearly all the rest are respectful and very welcome Yankee fans. Get off your high horse and start respecting the opinions of others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

The thing is, JBay, that Pike actually does post some fairly intelligent comments about baseball when he chooses to do so. Why he strays from that is beyond me. The self-appointed policeman role he seems to fancy for himself is old, as is the hijacking of threads here. I hope he finally sees the light.

Yes, but that doesn't bring the reaction/attention he's looking for.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I have zero posts on this thread that got deleted.  I spent 15 minutes responding to Burrito. Waiting for anyone else to respond. Talk baseball, don't witch hunt. Jete said that he is trying to get green Monster tickets on opening day and I asked him if he was successful. Respond to Burrito-s OP. Talk baseball.

Second post in was yours, Pike insulting Burrito and yes, it was deleted, quickly.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Doubach -- ?????????

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I have zero posts on this thread that got deleted.  I spent 15 minutes responding to Burrito. Waiting for anyone else to respond. Talk baseball, don't witch hunt. Jete said that he is trying to get green Monster tickets on opening day and I asked him if he was successful. Respond to Burrito-s OP. Talk baseball.

pike, WHERE in my post to Rito' does it say that??..if you were referring to the ticket thread, i posted to mojo that i hope HE gets them....since i never said that, why did you end your post to me with "strange priorities"??...btw, i've been to a non Yanks/Sox
    game at Fenway with friends that live in Maine...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

#10 - I agree with you on this that positive Red Sox fans are about 10 percent here. I is very disappointing to see so few real Sox fans here.

No, what is more dissappointing is the return of you and softy (at about the same time...hmmm...)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

No, what is more dissappointing is the return of you and softy (at about the same time...hmmm...)

Wow, this potential correlation is blowing my mind.

Sections
Shortcuts