Hapiness Brigade marches on....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....

I think the Red Sox will win more games than they lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

I think the Red Sox will play more games than they lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I think the Red Sox will play more games than they lose.

I think the Red Sox will win more games they play loose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Miami Heat will win more games than the Miami Marlins.  LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The Miami Heat will win more games than the Miami Marlins.  LOL

the miami dolphins will win more games than the marlins....

Miami Sound machine will win more games than the Marlins, and thats with Gloria Estafan on the DL.

Funny, because it's true!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ifi think the sox might reach .500 (a 12 game improvement) am I not in the Brigade?

I think I am...

but thats my best case scenario...the worst case?

Icebergs...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Doubach -- ?????????

Got me there Roy....  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

hater fan does not exist, it is the label the positive fan gives those that question, or point out the negatives of the team. It is an unfair label.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

hater fan does not exist, it is the label the positive fan gives those that question, or point out the negatives of the team. It is an unfair label.

It is unfair Enchilada.  As is bootlicker, pink-hat, pollyana and all the epithets hurled at us so-called positive fans because of our inclinations.  All unfair labels.  Let us strive to not reduce one another to all-or-nothing slanders.  We will have a healthier discussion board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Space -  i will respect your wishes...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Thanks Geo.  NOW GO GET YOUR SHINE BOX!  :P 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Thanks Geo.  NOW GO GET YOUR SHINE BOX!  :P 

box of moonshine?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

ifi think the sox might reach .500 (a 12 game improvement) am I not in the Brigade?

I think I am...

but thats my best case scenario...the worst case?

Icebergs...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

keep him here Space, KEEP HIM HERE~

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Space hello sir. I never use those words. But nobody ever calls me those so I was not thinking about those labels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

Try this a  positive fan is just that, Positive. Nothing more nothing less.

By no means is most of what you claim remotely true

Got onto all the "positive posters" bashing anyone and everyone for their concerns about 2013. These being the same people that were confident in Tito, Lester, Ortiz, Lackey, Beckett, and the ability of the team to win WSC en-masse.

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management. 

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

10) Positive fan is outnumbered by hater fan 10-1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Space hello sir. I never use those words. But nobody ever calls me those so I was not thinking about those labels.

Good Sir Enchilada, pardon me if my words came across as pointed.  I was not directing them at you, but rather taking your cue to address the forum at large in an entreaty to mutual respect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

pike, i'm pretty sure you know i'm a Yankee fan, was just speaking in general...my point was IRT any fanbase in terms of support/disappoinment...as for priorities, trust me on this..baseball will always take a far backseat to my wife and son.....except when the Yanks are on :-)...j/k...

99% of the world knows their priorities.  There is no reason to suggest otherwise.  And it is almost never an issue for me.  My wife knows which games I am going to.  I plan my games around B-ball, vacation, etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

Not true.  Just the opposite, imo.  When the RS started off 4-10 in 2011, it was all Tito's fault.  When the RS started off 4-10 in 2012, the Tito-critics didn't say a word about Valentine.

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

Agreed, it is a small sample on both sides.  Glad to see you admit it.

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

I don't bash fans bashing the team supporting their position with facts.  I disagree with Moonslav, but he posts his numbers.  That's the way to do it.  We have people in here that have never posted a single number.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management.

It wasn't the team, it was mostly the injuries.  But recognition of the fact that Valentine was the worst manager in BB last year is in order.

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

OPS is universally accepted as being superior to average.  No one their right mind compares a .290 hitter with 8 HRs and a .275 hitter with 30 HRs.  Non-starter there.

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

Sorry, but your trolley has left the tracks on this one.

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

Reardon is retired, otherwise, those three pitchers will do very well this year.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

Tito is 10x the manager Valentine was.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

You don't know this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In news that should hearten the happiness brigade, Mike Napoli's hip MRI came back clean.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/16/mike-napoli-mri-provides-good-news/

Sections
Shortcuts