Hapiness Brigade marches on....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Space hello sir. I never use those words. But nobody ever calls me those so I was not thinking about those labels.

Good Sir Enchilada, pardon me if my words came across as pointed.  I was not directing them at you, but rather taking your cue to address the forum at large in an entreaty to mutual respect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

pike, i'm pretty sure you know i'm a Yankee fan, was just speaking in general...my point was IRT any fanbase in terms of support/disappoinment...as for priorities, trust me on this..baseball will always take a far backseat to my wife and son.....except when the Yanks are on :-)...j/k...

99% of the world knows their priorities.  There is no reason to suggest otherwise.  And it is almost never an issue for me.  My wife knows which games I am going to.  I plan my games around B-ball, vacation, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

Not true.  Just the opposite, imo.  When the RS started off 4-10 in 2011, it was all Tito's fault.  When the RS started off 4-10 in 2012, the Tito-critics didn't say a word about Valentine.

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

Agreed, it is a small sample on both sides.  Glad to see you admit it.

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

I don't bash fans bashing the team supporting their position with facts.  I disagree with Moonslav, but he posts his numbers.  That's the way to do it.  We have people in here that have never posted a single number.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management.

It wasn't the team, it was mostly the injuries.  But recognition of the fact that Valentine was the worst manager in BB last year is in order.

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

OPS is universally accepted as being superior to average.  No one their right mind compares a .290 hitter with 8 HRs and a .275 hitter with 30 HRs.  Non-starter there.

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

Sorry, but your trolley has left the tracks on this one.

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

Reardon is retired, otherwise, those three pitchers will do very well this year.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

Tito is 10x the manager Valentine was.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

You don't know this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In news that should hearten the happiness brigade, Mike Napoli's hip MRI came back clean.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/16/mike-napoli-mri-provides-good-news/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In news that should hearten the happiness brigade, Mike Napoli's hip MRI came back clean.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/16/mike-napoli-mri-provides-good-news/

That is very good news.  Thanks for posting the article carnie.   :)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I will never understand why the negative posters feel theneed to rain on the positive ones.

Also, I really do not understand the mentality of getting angry that the team did not makes moves you wanted.  They operate with moer inforamtion than any of us, and very likely do not know this message board exists.  So why must it be fans take being ignored as a peronal affront?   Frankly, I think i would be more upset if they relied on this board for suggestions...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Bottom line?  The OP by enchilada was all over the board.  Wow!  Non sequiturs abound! 

What I will say is that the back & forth positive vs. negative stuff is hilarious and pathetic.  It's emblematic of our times that guys can't handle dissenting opinions on both sides.  The talk of banning never ends, and it's indicative of deep inseculities on one's own opinions.

Holy chit!  Some girls here need to strap one on!  Give it a rest.  Say what you think & spare the rest of us the cat fights.  Sounds like a powder puff grudge match!

For me?  I could not be more excited about ST!!!  You would be a complete fool to NOT HAVE reservations about the somewhat hodgepodge piecing together of this 2013 roster.  Having said that, the Red Sox still have a pretty strong nucleus.  Whiie none of the new guys are front line players, they all have big impact potential.  The Sox have rid themselves of the majority of toxicity, from Beckett to Valentine.  Sure!  Lackey is still here, & I've been one of his biggest bashers, but I'm willing to give this bumb one more shot.  Not like we have another option, so we might as well start behind him.  At least he's saying all the right things, without animus, and looks to be in great shape.  What the hell, he's our bumb, so I'm going to be pulling big time for the stiff!!!!  Our SR has very decent potential, & the pen could be one of the best in baseball.

Farrell in & Valentine out!  How can this not be a GREAT THING???  This alone gives me real hope for a pretty good season!!!!

It's baseball gentlemen!  There's no crying in baseball.  Let's play ball.  I love this team!!!!  I'm not going to have the slightest problem jumping on the happy horsechip bandwagon!  :)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I will never understand why the negative posters feel theneed to rain on the positive ones.

Also, I really do not understand the mentality of getting angry that the team did not makes moves you wanted.  They operate with moer inforamtion than any of us, and very likely do not know this message board exists.  So why must it be fans take being ignored as a peronal affront?   Frankly, I think i would be more upset if they relied on this board for suggestions...

Some people are onlyhappy when they are miserable.

Some people are only happy if they can share the misery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to selenium's comment:

Now we know who Triumph- really is. How the weather in Fort Lauderdale this morning?  

I'm out of here for now. Enjoy it Yankee fan . Trolling on a rival team's forum with a monkey on your shoulder is your thing and your life. Enjoy yourself. 

Welcome back Pike! So many of us missed your senseless attempts to hijack interesting baseball threads here. Think you can behave yourself this time around?

Clearly not. His posts have all be removed, which I take to mean he has been banned again.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Now we know who Triumph- really is. How the weather in Fort Lauderdale this morning?  

I'm out of here for now. Enjoy it Yankee fan . Trolling on a rival team's forum with a monkey on your shoulder is your thing and your life. Enjoy yourself. 

Welcome back Pike! So many of us missed your senseless attempts to hijack interesting baseball threads here. Think you can behave yourself this time around?

Clearly not. His posts have all be removed, which I take to mean he has been banned again.

The last time I posted here regularly was about three months ago and I see  things haven't changed very much.  How can someone get banned and just get back on as if nothing happened?  Isn't there a way to keep the troublemakers off, either with a permanent ban or a suspension of a month or so?   I've had a few run-ins with Pike but still haven't figured out if he is just a frustrated Red Sox fan, a  troll from a Yankee board, or just a pain in the a@s who wants  to make trouble.  Could we just respect different opinions and get on with baseball?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The last time I posted here regularly was about three months ago and I see  things haven't changed very much.  How can someone get banned and just get back on as if nothing happened?  Isn't there a way to keep the troublemakers off, either with a permanent ban or a suspension of a month or so?   I've had a few run-ins with Pike but still haven't figured out if he is just a frustrated Red Sox fan, a  troll from a Yankee board, or just a pain in the a@s who wants  to make trouble.  Could we just respect different opinions and get on with baseball?

You are a loon .

Coming from you Pike, I take that as a compliment.  As I said before, you might be a very sad case.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Just out of curiosity, who is Pike?  I've never paid much attention to it....  So, who is supposed to be the current Pike?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Just out of curiosity, who is Pike?  I've never paid much attention to it....  So, who is supposed to be the current Pike?

• selenium-
    • First: 2/15/2013
    • Last: 2/16/2013

73  pike posts in 1 day (sic)

is enough to turn even the

Hapiness Brigade into 

the not so happy Brigade

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Besides being an irritating little chiwawa, who yaps monosyllabic little yaps & scatters about hundreds of little chiwawa droppings, who is Triumph-??/  A little history please?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

So the name Pike is not for "one" poster specifically?  I always got the impression there was in fact ONE unique Pike?

The "piker" definition just given is far different from the term "piker," I grew up with???

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts