Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....
posted at 2/16/2013 10:02 AM EST
1) Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?
Not true. Just the opposite, imo. When the RS started off 4-10 in 2011, it was all Tito's fault. When the RS started off 4-10 in 2012, the Tito-critics didn't say a word about Valentine.
2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh? Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".
Agreed, it is a small sample on both sides. Glad to see you admit it.
3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.
I don't bash fans bashing the team supporting their position with facts. I disagree with Moonslav, but he posts his numbers. That's the way to do it. We have people in here that have never posted a single number.
4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management.
It wasn't the team, it was mostly the injuries. But recognition of the fact that Valentine was the worst manager in BB last year is in order.
5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?
OPS is universally accepted as being superior to average. No one their right mind compares a .290 hitter with 8 HRs and a .275 hitter with 30 HRs. Non-starter there.
6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing.
Sorry, but your trolley has left the tracks on this one.
7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.
Reardon is retired, otherwise, those three pitchers will do very well this year.
8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.
Tito is 10x the manager Valentine was.
9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.
You don't know this.