Hapiness Brigade marches on....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

So the name Pike is not for "one" poster specifically?  I always got the impression there was in fact ONE unique Pike?

The "piker" definition just given is far different from the term "piker," I grew up with???

please tell me U R joking

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the name Pike is not for "one" poster specifically?  I always got the impression there was in fact ONE unique Pike?

The "piker" definition just given is far different from the term "piker," I grew up with???

please tell me U R joking

Ahhhh???  NO!   Should I know what / who specifically Pike stands for on THIS board?  I've never paid that much attention to the nonsense.

I will say.... that listening / reading this Selenium- character, he is at least far more articulate than the chiwawa Triumph-....  Triumph- is nothing short of sad.  Any guy over the age of 18 who associates himself so closely with anything Conan O'Brien is pretty pathetic.  Coupled with the inability to string together a coherent sentence, and his non-stop juvenile "that's what she said / so's your mom / I asked you first / nuhh uhhh" level of "slam posts," I'd rather read Selenium.  Is Selenium supposed to be Pike?

btw.....  which one is the Red Sox fan?  It's clear which one is a dikc?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

So Selenium....  What's your act?  It seems to be the consensus opinion that you are in fact this "pike" character?  Must be the verbage?  Are you a Sox fan?  Why?  Why not?  Why do so many hold you in contempt?  Not just this Triumph idiot, but some pretty decent posters / guys? 

I don't get it?  I guess I should know these things, as I've been posting for about 3 or 4 years here, but I've never paid attention to the nonsense.  I say what I have to say.  Make a case.  Engage in a debate.  BUT  generally avoid the pizzing matches unless I'm outing Stiffy.  I must admit to taking an immediate dislike to the monosyllabic yapping chiwawa Triumph as of late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

So Selenium....  What's your act?  It seems to be the consensus opinion that you are in fact this "pike" character?  Must be the verbage?  Are you a Sox fan?  Why?  Why not?  Why do so many hold you in contempt?  Not just this Triumph idiot, but some pretty decent posters / guys? 

I don't get it?  I guess I should know these things, as I've been posting for about 3 or 4 years here, but I've never paid attention to the nonsense.  I say what I have to say.  Make a case.  Engage in a debate.  BUT  generally avoid the pizzing matches unless I'm outing Stiffy.  I must admit to taking an immediate dislike to the monosyllabic yapping chiwawa Triumph as of late.

None of us do, RSDD. The long and short of it is, Pike has appointed himself the posting police.  A few years ago, he had over two dozen screen names, to support his cause of, as what he terms a "real red sox fan", responding to and agreeing with, his own posts. He went as far as posting personal information/pictures of posters. Pike and the Piketts were all banned. He has tried to get the band back together, unsucessfully. Since BDC has taken back the forum, the mods are on to him. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

No problem with any of that.  I relate very well to the RS history, & unbridled love of all things RS!  I even love the painful memories, especially 75.

Still, I must admit to have somewhat of a dichotomous personality.  I can switch from big-time Sox booster to some passionate b itching.  Just because an ardent fan goes off on a griping tear does not mean they are a pretender.  I sometimes call it recreational b itching.  Blowing off some steam.

You actually seem like a pretty decent guy, & a great RS fan.  You gotta let the pretenders be!  Who cares if a guy wants to come here & pose???  You're a smart guy.  trade on that RS knowledge.  Next incarnation?  Go with that!@  You sound like you'd have a good deal to offer as a straight up RS fan.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Got onto all the "positive posters" bashing anyone and everyone for their concerns about 2013. These being the same people that were confident in Tito, Lester, Ortiz, Lackey, Beckett, and the ability of the team to win WSC en-masse.

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management. 

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

10) Positive fan is outnumbered by hater fan 10-1.

I am positive you are off the mark a few places, but that's ok.  I was positive that Adrian and Carl were gonna make a huge positive difference. 

I don't see the point in not placing some large part of the blame on BV (and subsequently the FO) ... the players didn't play well, were injured as nauseum, but Bobby kicked the legs out from under them all.  I can tell you the same team I was on in HS was talented before we got a "kick you in the butt" coach - and went from losing only 1 game to winning only 3 the next 2 seasons.  Got a new coach in SR year and lost only to the state champs.  Matter of fact, lost only 2 games in three seasons ... Coaches coach and players play ... but lousy coaches screw up good players.

I was more than willing to give BV a chance.   But my gosh he sure screwed up things.

Now I'm positive I'll be cheering for the Sox no matter what.  Naps, the Flyin' Hawaiian and and all!  Ells, Lackey and Lava and Nava and Salty ... all of 'em ....

I'm looking for a WS win ... always do.  I don't give a dadgum if we miss it, I'll be supporting the guys no matter what.  Will I accept everything?  No.  But I will be positive about it ... I've even gotten over most of my anger at whiny Red Sox fans.  I'm positive there is no help for them.  They need to look at life a different way.  Some just can't help themselves ... they probably think their new-born child was the ugliest thing they have ever witnessed. 

WAR, UZR, OPS, WHIP, W-L, ERA, BA, Slugging, OBP, BABIP .... James, Beane, ....

All just ways to make a negative if ya want ...

I choose to be positive ...

I can't understrand the need to be negative against your own team ... that's what the Yanquis are for, Buck Showalter, the BJs, the Rays, the Lakers .... oops slipped over ...

Analyze?  Yeah

Critisize?  I'm positive there is plenty of that already. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Why do you people spend so much time responding to Selenium/Pike, whoever?  The hijacking of the thread is not Pike posting 5-6 times, it is the 5-6 people responding to each post, adding another 30 useless responses.

Just use the ignore button.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I don't see the point in not placing some large part of the blame on BV (and subsequently the FO) ... the players didn't play well, were injured as nauseum, but Bobby kicked the legs out from under them all.  I can tell you the same team I was on in HS was talented before we got a "kick you in the butt" coach - and went from losing only 1 game to winning only 3 the next 2 seasons.  Got a new coach in SR year and lost only to the state champs.  Matter of fact, lost only 2 games in three seasons ... Coaches coach and players play ... but lousy coaches screw up good players.

I don't think everyone appreciates the enormous damage that coaches can bring sometimes.  With almost any coach I have ever seen, the players come in to play.  That has to be their focus to do a job that maybe one person in a million can do.  Imagine having to face Verlander today, and you spend the first 30 minutes of your day responding to questions about BV's latest press conference?  Even in my rather mundane job, I still need to focus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have never been to the Red Sox clubhouse but based on the articles that I have read, it seems like Valentine lacked interpersonal skills.  Valentine failed to create trust with his players because of lack of communication which led to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding among everyone in the clubhouse. 

I bet a lot of players woke up on a beautiful morning and said, "S**t, I do not feel like driving to the ballpark today."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Why do you people spend so much time responding to Selenium/Pike, whoever?  The hijacking of the thread is not Pike posting 5-6 times, it is the 5-6 people responding to each post, adding another 30 useless responses.

Just use the ignore button.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Got onto all the "positive posters" bashing anyone and everyone for their concerns about 2013. These being the same people that were confident in Tito, Lester, Ortiz, Lackey, Beckett, and the ability of the team to win WSC en-masse.

1)  Positive fan now claims games in April are now important. More important now than anytime under Tito's 9 sum year watch. How many times did Tito tank a game in April or May did we here the "positive" fans demeaning the fans questioning the value of an April game?

2) Positive fan praises Napolis ability at Fenway based on 72 career at-bats. Then said "positive fan" says that a 108 game sample size of Naploi at first is no measuring stick to judge his likely defensive performance. Huh?  Even with physical issues the positive fan calls us "haters, bashers. doom-sayers".

3) Positive fan spends the week here bashing the supposed hater fans about bashing the players or front-office. They declare they are the positive ones... by bashing.

4) Positive fan spent all 2012 blasting Bobby V rather than site the true demon, the actual team and subsequently the upper management. 

5) Positive fan always rolls out the .ops or quality starts stats to defend a player when the demon fan still goes by batting average and wins. Gomez vs. lefties anyone?

6) Positive fan still wants Troy O'Leary in left, Daubach in right, Elles in center, Millar at first, Walker at second, Nomar at short, Youk at third, Flaherty catching, and Ortiz dh'ing. 

7) Positive fan still wants Beckett, Lackey, Lester, and Reardon on the staff.

8) Positive fan still wants Tito the ever grateful employee at the helm.

9) Positive fan thinks Cherington is a man for himself and for the team. Hater fan knows he is a puppet of the Great Luchino.

10) Positive fan is outnumbered by hater fan 10-1.

I am positive you are off the mark a few places, but that's ok.  I was positive that Adrian and Carl were gonna make a huge positive difference. 

I was more than willing to give BV a chance.   But my gosh he sure screwed up things.

Now I'm positive I'll be cheering for the Sox no matter what.  Naps, the Flyin' Hawaiian and and all!  Ells, Lackey and Lava and Nava and Salty ... all of 'em ....

I'm looking for a WS win ... always do.  I don't give a dadgum if we miss it, I'll be supporting the guys no matter what.  Will I accept everything?  No.  But I will be positive about it ... I've even gotten over most of my anger at whiny Red Sox fans.  I'm positive there is no help for them.  They need to look at life a different way.  Some just can't help themselves ... they probably think their new-born child was the ugliest thing they have ever witnessed. 

WAR, UZR, OPS, WHIP, W-L, ERA, BA, Slugging, OBP, BABIP .... James, Beane, ....

All just ways to make a negative if ya want ...

I choose to be positive ...

I can't understrand the need to be negative against your own team ... that's what the Yanquis are for, Buck Showalter, the BJs, the Rays, the Lakers .... oops slipped over ...

Analyze?  Yeah

Critisize?  I'm positive there is plenty of that already. 

You are a great fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

dont the players have themselves to blame for valentine's hiring?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.