Hapiness Brigade marches on....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Hapiness Brigade marches on....

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Why do you people spend so much time responding to Selenium/Pike, whoever?  The hijacking of the thread is not Pike posting 5-6 times, it is the 5-6 people responding to each post, adding another 30 useless responses.

Just use the ignore button.

i agree...

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

dont the players have themselves to blame for valentine's hiring?

They are absolutely at least culpable for Francona's dismissal.  I would not blame them for hiring Valentine himself, and the Traveling Ego show he has always brought with him.  But they are responsible for creating the vacancy at the postion.

Valentine may have been brought is to be a "hardliner" and restore order, but if that was the case, I would argue he is and always was the wrong guy, and there were far better options that were available, such as John Gibbons.    Yopu can argue that Gibbons is not the tactician that Valentine is, which is a fair point, but I would say Gibbons has been a stronger clubhouse presence capable of keeping players in line and is better than Valentine in this regard.

Really, however, the hiring of any sort of hardliner was the mistake itself.  It could create too divisive of an atmosphere in the clubhouse.  These are all grown men.  Just get a baseball guy and move on, if you have to dismiss Francona.  Atlanta collpased similarly in 2011, did not even change managers, and made the post-season in 2012...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

dont the players have themselves to blame for valentine's hiring?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind throwing thaqt in their faces a little.  Had they won two more games, Valentine's name never even enters the equation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I understand that both the Red Sox and Braves had an ugly Sept collapse. 

But how about the 2012 Texas Rangers?  They had a 5-game lead over Oakland with only 9 games to go and blew it by getting swept by the A's. 

5. This post has been removed.