Happy Birthday Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Happy Birthday Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth!!

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

A day after Hank Aaron turned 79 we celebrate the man whose HR record he would eventually break. Pretty wild that the two guys who sat on top of the all time HR list for quite some time were born one day apart, albeit by many years.

Have any of you ever read the bosox owner's statement upon selling Ruth to the Yanks?

"No other club could afford to give the amount the Yankees have paid for him," said Frazee at a press conference announcing the deal. "And I do not mind saying I think they are taking a gamble. I do not wish to detract one iota from Ruth's ability as a ballplayer nor from his value as an attraction, but there is no getting away from the fact that despite his 29 home runs, the Red Sox finished sixth in the race last year. What the Boston fans want, I take it, and what I want because they want it, is a winning team, rather than a one-man team that finishes in sixth place."

Pretty good gamble...............

Too bad you weren't old enough to enjoy any of it.  Well, at least you still have A-Rod.  Tell me, what will you be doing July 27th?  

As a Red Sox fan, I say we celebrate March 14th (Kevin Brown's birthday).  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Too bad you weren't old enough to enjoy any of it.  Well, at least you still have A-Rod.  Tell me, what will you be doing July 27th?  

As a Red Sox fan, I say we celebrate March 14th (Kevin Brown's birthday).  

Actually losmediocrerojas, I have enjoyed plenty of it.

I was able to catch the tail end of Hammerin' Hank's career and have very much enjoyed reading the stories of these two legendary figures.

As for July 27th, I haven't checked that far ahead on my calendar, but I'm hoping to watch my team be in a battle for the playoffs.

You do remember what the baseball playoffs are, right?

Aren't those the games the Tigers and Rangers have been winning recently?  Oh yeh, and the San Francisco Giants have been performing pretty well in them too.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Aren't those the games the Tigers and Rangers have been winning recently?  Oh yeh, and the San Francisco Giants have been performing pretty well in them too.  

Actually, there have been quite a few teams that have won playoff games recently. Heck, even the orioles have.

Unfortunately it's something your team has been unable to do in quite some time.

But then again, you have to make the playoffs to have a shot of winning a playoff game.

Sadly, it's something else the bosox have been unable to do in quite some time.

[/QUOTE]

After waiting half a lifetime for a World Series (and, how sweet it was - cue Jackie Gleason), three years out of contention is not "quite some time" to me.   

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts