Happy to be Wrong ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Happy to be Wrong ...

I was distraught when we re-signed Papi because I thought for sure he'd be on the bench with injuries for much of the season. He's been surprisingly durable this year, and worth every bit of what we're paying him.

Salty: Has not swooned offensively, and has been very good defensively. I can live with the caught stealing percentage, and we're very lucky that he's been on the roster especially with Ross on the DL so much.

And I thought we overpaid on Gomes, but he's been a clutch hitter and a great fit in the clubhouse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Happy to be Wrong ...

Yep. All three good moves.

But Ben's greatest move was signing Koji Uehara.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

It's not easy for folks to admit they're wrong.

Good job.

Next week, we'll be expecting a thread about Buchholz. Wink

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Actually , I didn't care for the Napoli deal. Hated the Drew deal, and wasn't thrilled with Jonny Gomes. Later, I publicy despised the Peavy trade.

I have come to like Napoli, Gomes is okay in the Nava/ Gomes platoon....not as a full timer. Drew, I stiil am not overly thrilled with...although he has picked it up in the second half, and that is preferable to going to sleep after the All Star break. I am in a holding pattern on the Peavy trade, as I like what I have seen in the last two starts, but still believe the trade is bad if the Red Sox don't enjoy some serious playoff success....by "serious" I mean at least an appearance in the WS....or a very good showing in the ALCS.

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I predicted the Red Sox to go 87-75 and earn a wild card berth.   I picked the Blue Jays to win the AL East.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I predicted the Red Sox to go 87-75 and earn a wild card berth.   I picked the Blue Jays to win the AL East.   LOL

You were slightly off on that one IC.

Maybe you will get your wish and we will see some fireworks over the weekend with the Sox/NYY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

For my spring assessment to come true, the Sox have to lose more than the remaining 21 games, plus all the new guys need to go on the DL or stop hitting/pitching or whatever. 

I do understand the Iglesias trade, but also regret the departure of true genius. I always discounted the idea that Iglesias's fielding would lower everyone's ERA, but think the FO did not see his value in keeping fans interested in the games themselves.  Without Iglesias the Sox are probably hitting better and certainly pitching better, but are less fun to watch.  That said, I think Iglesias has actually played better for Detroit than for the Sox, which tells me he sensed the FO really didn't want him at SS.   In other words, Iglesias became a dead man walking the day the Sox signed Drew, who was the bridge to Bogaerts, not Iglesias.  In Boston, defense is a distant third behind hitting and pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Next week, we'll be expecting a thread about Buchholz. Wink

If he somehow manages to pick up where he left off, I'll be glad to have him back, even though his absence may have cost us Iggy.

But the idea that you only play when you're totally pain free and everything is just right still bothers me. It's why I much admire players like Pedroia in comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I also bought into the Blue Jays pre-season hype.  I did have the Sox second and said they could battle for the AL East and the Wild Card (85-90 wins).  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Drew, I stiil am not overly thrilled with...although he has picked it up in the second half, and that is preferable to going to sleep after the All Star break.

Not sure why you wouldn't be happy be with Drew.  He's been as good as any of the FAs and will likely get a Qualifying Offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

After my tirade about losing Iglesias, I would like to recognize his departure opened the door to bringing back Middlebrooks, who ain't anywhere near the fielder, but is a whole lot better hitter than Iggy.  Big September Yankee game tonight, and Middlebrooks has already done more than Iglesias ever would against a Nova. 

12. This post has been removed.