Happy Trails Arod

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Happy Trails Arod

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Interesting that he was AWOL from his re-hab game. No question but that the Yankees want him gone. Stay tuned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Rod should meet up with Snowden and seek asylum.  At this point, A-Rod should walk away from the game.  What a disgrace. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Yankees are aging, with drug store prescrption lists like an 80 year old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

The Yankees are aging, with drug store prescrption lists like an 80 year old.

Much like Joe Theismann, they have to keep getting up at night to go to the bathroom.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I am not a fan of the MLBPA but they really shouldn't let ARod plea down to smaller offense. Let them suspend the players take baseball to court and have a federal labor judge overturn the suspensions. Where in the CBA did the players agree to allow the commissioner office to buy testimony that could lead to suspension?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Why happy trails, though?  Even with a 150 game suspension, he's still the Yankees problem for two years after that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Why happy trails, though?  Even with a 150 game suspension, he's still the Yankees problem for two years after that.

Wishfull thinking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahha.  you are DREAMING op.

cant wait to see him back on the NYY bench in 2014 & 2015 at over $20MM per.  so great.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

hahahha.

cant wait to see him back on the NYY bench in 2014 & 2015 at over $20MM per.  so great.

It's all I want for Christmas. Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Crystal ball huh? I wouldn't bet on it.

I wonder why 150 games if true.

If so he has some serious issues and MLB must have a paper trail.

After all this is only Arod's first offense if you discount the 2003 MLB administered test which both Papi and Manny also failed.

Manny and Melky both got 50 games for their first offense. Remember Manny tested high for a female fertility drug which is used as a masking agent for peds.

And the story I read the story in both The NY Daily News and Miami Sun Sentinel that Arod plea bargained down to 150 games, I suspect if the number (150)was true it was suggested by his lawyer.

And of course part of the deal might mean coming clean exposing some of the other cheats.

But all of us know he has a problem with the truth I don't know how far he'll go with that.

If it is this big you'll never see him in pinstripes again. Then the money battle with the Yankees if he doesn't retire because he will have been absolutely disgraced.

Ranking him right up there with Shoeless Joe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

After all this is only Arod's first offense if you discount the 2003 MLB administered test which both Papi and Manny also failed.

Manny and Melky both got 50 games for their first offense. Remember Manny tested high for a female fertility drug which is used as a masking agent for peds.

And the story I read the story in both The NY Daily News and Miami Sun Sentinel that Arod plea bargained down to 150 games, I suspect if the number (150)was true it was suggested by his lawyer.

And of course part of the deal might mean coming clean exposing some of the other cheats.

But all of us know he has a problem with the truth I don't know how far he'll go with that.

If it is this big you'll never see him in pinstripes again. Then the money battle with the Yankees if he doesn't retire because he will have been absolutely disgraced.

So you think if he got 100 - 150 game suspension, the Yankees would just DFA him and pay him $75M just to go away? I don't know - even a 38-year-old drug-free A-Rod is a significant upgrade over David Adams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

hahahha.  you are DREAMING op.

U can THank Hank; bad pun

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You ain't close to getting rid of him.  He is still with you for another 700+ games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Rushing to the defense of a man who may have been innocently accused:

Just for the record, Jackson was the only one of the eight who didn't later confess to being a part of the "fix", and back in 1919 personal integrity had a much higher value than it does now. Back then when a person made a mistake they admitted it. (Hear that, Arod?) 

In fact, prior to the series Jackson told the owner of the White Sox, Charles Comisky about the fix and even went so far as asking to be benched for the series so he wouldn't be accused of having any part in it.  Comisky refused.

During the WS Jackson hit .375 with 12 hits and hit the only HR in the series.  There is no doubt that Jackson knew about the fix but his part in it is still very unclear. 

It's unfortunate that the person most closely associated with the "fix" is the person who tried to separate himself from it and a person who performed well during the series.  Not what you'd expect from someone who was "fixing" a game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

So you think if he got 100 - 150 game suspension, the Yankees would just DFA him and pay him $75M just to go away? I don't know - even a 38-year-old drug-free A-Rod is a significant upgrade over David Adams.

David Adams is a 2nd baseman and a 4th string 3rd baseman.

And if you want to pounce on rookies like it is so often done here by all the impatient experts I have two words for you Mark Melancon.

Your snarky nonsense aside, do you actually think if Arod got a 100-150 game suspension the fans would ever allow him to return to Yankee stadium? Never mind the NY media.

Ha ha hope springs eternal in the human breast.

I expect if he is suspended for a considerable period he could consider a retirement a buyout or possibly depending on what they find as far as material evidence to prove his usage spans a good deal of time meaning more than just one season the Yankees would move to void his contract.

But whatever it should be good theater in the coming days ahead, and that is what brings us all back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Just for the record, Jackson was the only one of the eight who didn't later confess to being a part of the "fix", and back in 1919 personal integrity had a much higher value than it does now. Back then when a person made a mistake they admitted it. (Hear that, Arod?) 

In fact, prior to the series Jackson told the owner of the White Sox, Charles Comisky about the fix and even went so far as asking to be benched for the series so he wouldn't be accused of having any part in it.  Comisky refused.

During the WS Jackson hit .375 with 12 hits and hit the only HR in the series.  There is no doubt that Jackson knew about the fix but his part in it is still very unclear. 

It's unfortunate that the person most closely associated with the "fix" is the person who tried to separate himself from it and a person who performed well during the series.  Not what you'd expect from someone who was "fixing" a game. 

Nice post.  Thanks for the info...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

And if you want to pounce on rookies like it is so often done here by all the impatient experts I have two words for you Mark Melancon.

Your snarky nonsense aside, do you actually think if Arod got a 100-150 game suspension the fans would ever allow him to return to Yankee stadium? Never mind the NY media.

I expect if he is suspended for a considerable period he could consider a retirement a buyout or possibly depending on what they find as far as material evidence to proove the usage spans a good deal of time meaning more than one season the Yankees would move to void his contract.

But whatever it should be good theater in the coming days ahead.

That wasn't snarky - Adams has played more 3B (and only 4 games at 2B) than anybody else on your roster.  Who do you consider your 3B then?  Luis Cruz?  Same principal - even at 38 and drug-free, A-Rod's a lot better than what you've been trotting out there this year.  The fans will do what they've done for years - hold their noses while cheering for A-Rod.

Good for Melancon - I was in the minority around here, but I hated to see him go.  If that's a victory for the Yankee farm system, more power to you, but your BA top 100 prospects are all struggling once again.  With the possible exception of Gary Sanchez, who is holding serve in high A ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I remember when he went to the yanks instead of the sox.  Some people were pretty upset.  I think the sox got the last laught with this one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I expect if he is suspended for a considerable period he could consider a retirement a buyout or possibly depending on what they find as far as material evidence to proove the usage spans a good deal of time meaning more than one season the Yankees would move to void his contract.

But whatever it should be good theater in the coming days ahead.

That wasn't snarky - Adams has played more 3B (and only 4 games at 2B) than anybody else on your roster.  Who do you consider your 3B then?  Luis Cruz?  Same principal - even at 38 and drug-free, A-Rod's a lot better than what you've been trotting out there this year.  The fans will do what they've done for years - hold their noses while cheering for A-Rod.

Good for Melancon - I was in the minority around here, but I hated to see him go.  If that's a victory for the Yankee farm system, more power to you, but your BA top 100 prospects are all struggling once again.  With the possible exception of Gary Sanchez, who is holding serve in high A ball.

The Cuban Ronier Mustelier had the lock on third early on but he too has been sidelined with injuries since spring, he was the third string behind Arod and Youk.

And I guess you would also rank Adams who has been a 2nd baseman all through the Yankee system behind Lance Nix who had to be moved off third to SS when Nunez went down to the DL opening up the  3rd base spot again where Adams was brought up for.

Cruz is now there because Nix is currently on the DL also.

As far as draft picks go that's what happens when you make the play-offs every year except for one  season since 1996, you get low picks in the draft every year. What other team in the ALE has had as much overall success and has picked lower in the draft since 96?

And the Yankees still hanging in there despite all the injuries and the putrid offense because of the pen and the home growns picking up the slack Nova, Phelps, Warren and Claiborne.

I suspect Betances will be up sometime soon to work out of the pen, he is putting up decent numbers at SWB.

Where the Yankees have changed under the new ownership is not pursuing international free agents to supplement the draft like they had in the past under GS. No interest in Darvish, Puig and Cespesdes is unlike the Yankee management under the boss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

so....ummmmm....since when do the "fans" or "media" choose who plays?!?  hahahahaha.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Ive always been on the side of "Shoeless Joe"...To much evidence, IMO, that says hewasnt a true part of it. Some facts that you pointed out above.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

wow, never really knew that.  kind of feel bad for him now....

Sections
Shortcuts