Happy Trails Arod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Happy Trails Arod

In response to slasher9's comment:

wow, never really knew that.  kind of feel bad for him now....

it's one of the reasons i liked 8 Men Out, to me it drew quite a bit of light to Jackson's plight, being a good teammate vs. doing the right thing... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

so....ummmmm....since when do the "fans" or "media" choose who plays?!?  hahahahaha.

In case you don't understand how it works the fans buy tickets pay the freight, but a very dumb question, no surprise there..

Of course there there has never been any media or fan pressure on the Boston Red Sox so you wouldn't understand

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A-Rod does care what people think of him.

It won't be a shock if at some point some people around him persuade him that retirement is the only way he can salvage any shreds that remain of his public image.  He certainly doesn't need the dough.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

wow, never really knew that.  kind of feel bad for him now....

I didn't know the details of the Black Sox Scandal either until a few years ago.  It then occurred to me that as a baseball fan that's something I should know about.  That's when I decided to take the easy way out and watch the movie. :-) 

The movie raised so many questions in my mind that I later did some research on what happened and I've come to the conclusion that Jackson is probably the least culpable of the group of eight.  Unfortunately for him, the apocraphal story about, "Say it ain't so, Joe", combined with Jackson's colorful nickname made him the easiest one to remember.

Late in his life Jackson said, "I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and HE knows I'm innocent".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

so....ummmmm....since when do the "fans" or "media" choose who plays?!?  hahahahaha.

In case you don't understand how it works the fans buy tickets pay the freight, but a very dumb question, no surprise there..

Of course there there has never been any media or fan pressure on the Boston Red Sox so you wouldn't understand

tickets dont equate to $220MM payroll.  YES network does.  there is only 1 name that decides who plays, who stays, who signs in the NYY organization.  i'll give you a hint....it starts with Stein and ends with something that sounds like "brenner".  here's another secret....arod is untradeable.  so no matter how hard you boo....(and lets be honest here...arod has been getting booed in NY for years)...he will be on your team until this contract that your man steinbrenner (and his lackey $$$man) signed with bora$ is over. 

media?  they have been killing arod since he opted out and resigned.  have you ever seen the backpage of a NY Post the past 7 years or so???  i dont think the "media" dictates who stays and who plays.  no canadian stripper, ped cousin, feud with your loving Captain, popcorn with an actress, shirless sunbathing in the Park, kissing mirrored reflections, 3 for 22 PO's, hip injury,  hip injury, biogenesis.  none of that will get him off your team.  sorry pal.  i for one will enjoy every second of the 2014 & 2015 seasons.....

understand that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

tickets dont equate to $220MM payroll.  YES network does.  there is only 1 name that decides who plays, who stays, who signs in the NYY organization.  i'll give you a hint....it starts with Stein and ends with something that sounds like "brenner".  here's another secret....arod is untradeable.  so no matter how hard you boo....(and lets be honest here...arod has been getting booed in NY for years)...he will be on your team until this contract that your man steinbrenner (and his lackey $$$man) signed with bora$ is over. 

media?  they have been killing arod since he opted out and resigned.  have you ever seen the backpage of a NY Post the past 7 years or so???  i dont think the "media" dictates who stays and who plays.  no canadian stripper, ped cousin, feud with your loving Captain, popcorn with an actress, shirless sunbathing in the Park, kissing mirrored reflections, 3 for 22 PO's, hip injury,  hip injury, biogenesis.  none of that will get him off your team.  sorry pal.  i for one will enjoy every second of the 2014 & 2015 seasons.....

understand that

This is like a dialogue with a illogical teenager.

Thanks for pointing out who the ownership is.

The Steinbrenners own the Yankees? Shazam.

I agree with halifax in that if there is a suspension he would most likely retire.

And how really fed up do you suppose the owners and the GM as in (STFU) are with all the public deceit and the embarrassment to the organization over this scandal? 

He will not be able to step back into the Bronx.

Much to your chagrin and any thoughts to the contrary a long suspension will likely be his demise as a ML ballplayer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm not a lawyer but I do know a little about contracts, and that his situation is uncharted waters.

This isn't a case of  a player for example Vernon Wells who plays clean and shows up every day but hasn't produced, hasn't lived up to the "expectations" of the team despite his enormous contract. No climbing out from under that one they will have to rip the jersey off his back, he is staying put until the last paycheck.

Arod on the other hand has cheated by taking PEDS violating one of the basic rules of the game. And apparently it isn't an isolated incident.

If suspended for ped use for say 150 games it isn't what the Yankees signed up for.

This isn't what a ballplayer is paid 25 mil a year for. The Yankees did not know of this behavior going in. Furthermore if there is proof he was cheating when he signed the contract basically defrauding the Yankees..

He was given that kind of money to bring fans in not repulse them by being a steroid cheat involved in endless scandal.

And if it is proved he has been lying right along with material evidence from the Miami investigation there is some wiggle room there.

I see where if this gets ugly that Arod as Bob suggested Arod will walk away from the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

understand that

Well done

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Comparing Shoeless Joe to A Rod is classless. 

Shoeless Joe was a decent (not perfect, but clearly decent) man caught in a very bad situation (once). A-Rod is a repeated cheater and a symbol of all that is wrong with the modern athlete and modern society. He's somewhere between a fraud, a cheat and the antichrist. 

My only concern is that I want the Yankees to be stuck with his albatross of a contract for years to come. As long as that happens, I'm good with the rest...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

understand that

Well done

Really? There was something in that post that none of us knew?

Arod is a louse, tell me something I didn't know.

Being a bad person does not qualify one for a 150 game suspension or violate one of the tenets of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Shoeless Joe was a decent (not perfect, but clearly decent) man caught in a very bad situation (once). A-Rod is a repeated cheater and a symbol of all that is wrong with the modern athlete and modern society. He's somewhere between a fraud, a cheat and the antichrist. 

My only concern is that I want the Yankees to be stuck with his albatross of a contract for years to come. As long as that happens, I'm good with the rest...

Not a big Arod fan either but so far to date the only thing Arod has been found guilty of is failing the 2003 MLB administered test along with Papi and Manny I might add.

Antichrist is overdoing it a bit though. We're talking baseball here afterall.

[/QUOTE]

You said yourself that he wouldn't be able  to go back to the Bronx.

"And how really fed up do you suppose the owners and the GM as in (STFU) are with all the public deceit and the embarrassment to the organization over this scandal? 

He will not be able to step back into the Bronx."

So, obviously you do think he's done more than get caught in one test.

Can't have it both ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not a big Arod fan either but so far to date the only thing Arod has been found guilty of is failing the 2003 MLB administered test along with Papi and Manny I might add.

Antichrist is overdoing it a bit though. We're talking baseball here afterall.

[/QUOTE]

You said yourself that he wouldn't be able  to go back to the Bronx.

"And how really fed up do you suppose the owners and the GM as in (STFU) are with all the public deceit and the embarrassment to the organization over this scandal? 

He will not be able to step back into the Bronx."

So, obviously you do think he's done more than get caught in one test.

Can't have it both ways.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

And your point is? Have it both ways?? don't understand your point.

I have no idea what is currently going on but like everyone else suspect the news to be bad for Arod. I like you am waiting for the news to break. i only know what i read whether it's true I don't know.

Of course I'm suspicious of anything that comes out of his mouth he has proven to be a liar.

That being said he has not yet failed a test so a 150 game suspension on a plea bargin in my mind would not be a first time test failure but clearly some kind of prolonged involvement.

First timers usually get 50 games so the 150 number doesn't make sense unless he was running a PED factory in Bud Selig's basement.

My only dispute here is that if all this turns out to be true he's done in NY.

Keeping the 2003 MLB test failure from the Steins considering the contract he got from them was the first Yankee offense this second one would be his dath knell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm not a lawyer but I do know a little about contracts, and that his situation is uncharted waters.

This isn't a case of  a player for example Vernon Wells who plays clean and shows up every day but hasn't produced, hasn't lived up to the "expectations" of the team despite his enormous contract. No climbing out from under that one they will have to rip the jersey off his back, he is staying put until the last paycheck.

Arod on the other hand has cheated by taking PEDS violating one of the basic rules of the game. And apparently it isn't an isolated incident.

If suspended for ped use for say 150 games it isn't what the Yankees signed up for.

This isn't what a ballplayer is paid 25 mil a year for. The Yankees did not know of this behavior going in. Furthermore if there is proof he was cheating when he signed the contract basically defrauding the Yankees..

He was given that kind of money to bring fans in not repulse them by being a steroid cheat involved in endless scandal.

And if it is proved he has been lying right along with material evidence from the Miami investigation there is some wiggle room there.

I see where if this gets ugly that Arod as Bob suggested Arod will walk away from the game.

I don't think that's going to fly - you can't currently void a guy's contract due to PED use, and I can't imagine the player's association losing that fight.   I believe the Yankees are off the hook for the time he is actually serving his suspension, but when it's over, unless ARod retires, I think the Yankees have to pay him the remainder.  I don't think this changes the luxury tax scenario at all.

If he's medically unfit to play, the Yankees are still on the hook.  He has to be able to play, and retire of his own will, and I think he's got too much ego to do that, especially if there's a shot at the HR crown (as it were).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I don't think that's going to fly - you can't currently void a guy's contract due to PED use, and I can't imagine the player's association losing that fight.   I believe the Yankees are off the hook for the time he is actually serving his suspension, but when it's over, unless ARod retires, I think the Yankees have to pay him the remainder.  I don't think this changes the luxury tax scenario at all.

If he's medically unfit to play, the Yankees are still on the hook.  He has to be able to play, and retire of his own will, and I think he's got too much ego to do that, especially if there's a shot at the HR crown (as it were).

God another blog lawyer.

Hope springs eternal.

And who said you can't void a contract because a player you gave 25 mil a year is suspended indefinitely for cheating with steroids?

Bud was Letterman last night and it sure didn't sound good.

Do you actually think the yankees won't have pretty decent lawyers to test your theory?

From listening to Bud it sounds like there could be some life time bans coming.

Not just casual use of the stuff this is pretty deep.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

great points.  plus Arod has incentives in his contract for each HR milestone. 

As for medically unfit to play, yes the Yankees are still on the hook BUT they can collect insurance $$$ if this is the case.  if he is cleared to play...then they get no insurance relief.  right now Yankee FO is sticking pins in arod voodoo doll.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1705609-bud-selig-talks-alex-rodriguez-biogenesis-scandal-and-peds-with-david-letterman

Letterman: "Alex Rodriguez, is he ever going to play for the Yankees again?"

Selig: "Only time will tell. We're in the midst of a very thorough and tough investigation on all of this, because I really believe that it's not only the right thing to do, but we're going to do it. That's all I can tell you."

Letterman: "Let me ask you this. On his side of things, isn't there a sum of money that's at stake here if he doesn't play again this season?"

Selig: "That's going to be between him and the New York Yankees. Yes, there is."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

fyi...the new york times....NEW YORK times released Manny and Ortiz' names as supposedly failing the 2003 survey.  no other media outlet did.  you never once heard selig or anyone from MLB say it.  no mention in the mitchell report. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

great points.  plus Arod has incentives in his contract for each HR milestone. 

As for medically unfit to play, yes the Yankees are still on the hook BUT they can collect insurance $$$ if this is the case.  if he is cleared to play...then they get no insurance relief.  right now Yankee FO is sticking pins in arod voodoo doll.....

[/QUOTE]

"right now Yankee FO is sticking pins in arod voodoo doll....."

Oh sure the evil Yankees destroyed his career and his livelyhood Rodriquez had nothing to do with the circumstances he finds himself in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

fyi...the new york times....NEW YORK times released Manny and Ortiz' names as supposedly failing the 2003 survey.  no other media outlet did.  you never once heard selig or anyone from MLB say it.  no mention in the mitchell report. 

Funniest thing I heard today.

The high and mighty impartial Mitchell Report,  George Mitchell sits on the board of the Red Sox.

The 2003 MLB adminstered test was supposed to be kept confidential under the terms agreed upon by the players union and MLB. 

Selena Roberts of ESPN leaked Arod's results I have no idea who leaked Papi's and Manny's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Btw for all of you think there is no cheating taking place in today's game, there is a new undetectable on the market the cheaters are now using I think it's called G1.

Doesn't show in either urine or blood samples.

I'll try to get more info on it for later posts.

I've read about it on a few other baseball blogs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Funniest thing I heard today.

The high and mighty impartial Mitchell Report,  George Mitchell sits on the board of the Red Sox.

The 2003 MLB adminstered test was supposed to be kept confidential under the terms agreed upon by the players union and MLB. 

Selena Roberts of ESPN leaked Arod's results I have no idea who leaked Papi's and Manny's.

My guess is former CIA agent, Snowden.   LOL  

Speaking of Snowden, I'm sure he is sick of being stuck at the Moscow airport by now.  LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

God another blog lawyer.

Hope springs eternal.

And who said you can't void a contract because a player you gave 25 mil a year is suspended indefinitely for cheating with steroids?

Bud was Letterman last night and it sure didn't sound good.

Do you actually think the yankees won't have pretty decent lawyers to test your theory?

From listening to Bud it sounds like there could be some life time bans coming.

Not just casual use of the stuff this is pretty deep.

It would set a precedent and give the owners way too much power - they would void any contract they wanted to get out from under, but leave the higher value contracts in effect.  If you're a Vernon Wells or Barry Zito, you'd better pee in front the commissioner and don't let those lab samples out of your sight.

Besides, if it was really a PED issue for the Yankees, then they would have done something about it in 2009, when it was first discovered that A-Rod had been dirty.  Why didn't they have a problem with it then?  Because A-Rod was their best player, and was instrumental to bringing them a world championship that year.  You can't give a guy a 10-year extension and wait until the last four to be offended by his lack of character.