Harmon Killebrew ends his fight with cancer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Re: Harmon Killebrew ends his fight with cancer

making myself out to be old, but saw him many times. A great player and an unfortunate situation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Harmon Killebrew ends his fight with cancer:
    Here's more: Note him facing Koufax. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l52zHeWFDso&feature=related
    Posted by harness

Best link you ever posted.  Seems like a blessed man.  I love the way he said he enjoyed playing baseball.  Another Ernie Banks "let's play 2" kind of guy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its sad when all our childhood heroes become mortal and contract sicknesses and age. I thought you were a great ballplayer while growing up AND STILL FEEL THAT WAY. My prayers are with you and your familiy hero.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Agreed, harness.  Harm was more burly than big.  And I recall announcers saying that Howard was a gentle giant. Those were the days.

Sheriff - nice get on the 1967 HR leaders cards from Topps. Wow. Captain Carl looked so young.  So did we, I bet....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Great clip, harness. Wow. Brings back memories of that WS which I avidly followed at the time. Was a fan of Killebrew AND Tony Oliva at the time and was curious to see what they would do against Koufax. I found out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I remember him, Allison, Oliva, et al, torching the Sox in the mid-sixties.  It was hard to take as a Sox fan.  We had to wait until '67 for redemption.

And of course, all of his stats are genuine.  What a class guy.

God Bless you, Harmon!

Sections
Shortcuts