Harmon Killebrew passes away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Harmon Killebrew passes away

My condolences to Harmon's freinds and family.From ESPN.com:

Minnesota Twins great Harmon Killebrew died Tuesday at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and the team jointly announced. Killebrew, who had esophageal cancer, was 74.

Killebrew announced recently that the cancer had been deemed incurable by his doctors and he was entering hospice care.

"With the continued love and support of my wife, Nita, I have exhausted all options," Killebrew said in a statement Friday. He added: "I have spent the past decade of my life promoting hospice care and educating people on its benefits. I am very comfortable taking this next step and experiencing the compassionate care that hospice provides."

Killebrew is 11th on baseball's all-time home run list with 573.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Re: Harmon Killebrew passes away

Harmon Killebrew dies at 74

ESPN.com news services

Minnesota Twins great Harmon Killebrew died Tuesday at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and the team jointly announced. Killebrew, who had esophageal cancer, was 74.

Killebrew announced recently that the cancer had been deemed incurable by his doctors and he was entering hospice care.

"With the continued love and support of my wife, Nita, I have exhausted all options," Killebrew said in a statement Friday. He added: "I have spent the past decade of my life promoting hospice care and educating people on its benefits. I am very comfortable taking this next step and experiencing the compassionate care that hospice provides."

Killebrew is 11th on baseball's all-time home run list with 573.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Damn that sucks....classy guy all the way and the face of that franchise for quite some time. RIP Harmon.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

He was my favorite Minnesota Twin of all time, just ahead of Rod Carew.

He'll forever be linked with Yaz.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

RIP HK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sad news...condolences to his family and the Twins..thanks for the post Mojo...R.I.P Killer....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Rest in peace, good and gentle servant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Harmon was great.  This is a sad day.  Players now should use his example and STOP DIPPING AND CHEWING.  The Sox and Yanks have a ton of guys who will pay the price down the road.  Players think it can never happen to them.  They are wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

HK was a monster at the plate. His homers over The Wall at Fenway made others' look like pop ups.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Harmon Killebrew remains one the biggest sports icons of my life.
    Summer of '67...best summer of my life. Season tickets...watched Killebrew and Yaz go down to the wire for the HR lead. Each hit their 44th in the next-to-last game. Neither gets a HR in the last game of the year, as Yaz gets the last Triple Crown in MLB (to date).
    Last gae of the season - Yaz goes 4-4 w 2 RBI's and the Sox finish 1 game ahead of Killebrew's Twins and the Detroit Tigers for the AL pennant - though the Sox had to wait for the Angels to beat the Tigers on the West Coast, avoiding a one game Sox/Tigers playoff game.
    What summer for a 14 year old Sox fanatic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Anybody who is a fan of the game and saw Harmon play should appreciate how great a player he was and a what a great contribution he made to the game both as a player and as a gentleman.  Rest in peace, Harmon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

little known, though far, far less flamboyantly, Killer was the Godfather of pimpin' after hitting a bomb....Tongue out