harness, forum Jesus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: harness, forum Jesus

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus:
    (Sigh.) Why can't we all just get along? Why does the Internet bring out the best and the worst in us? I am friends with Burrito and harness, and would like to remain so. But I think Yaz had a good point - let's bury the hatchet - and not in each other's necks - and enjoy the moment.  Maybe try to keep the ad hominem stuff to a low chatter. Think about it: Sox up with best record in the AL - ahead of the Yankees by two games and up by one game in the loss column  - all of this after an absymal start that shook the faith of many (not me, btw).  Laser Show only has a bruise on his knee, won't need surgery.  The universe is proceeding as it should.  This season could be even better than 2007.  Or 2004.  Or even last year, when the team and the FO showed True Grit while making the year thrilling and fun. Despite the utlimate outcome.  I was thankful for last season. I am afraid that the First Amendment contains the right to speak freely, which is consistent with the right to be illogical, curmudgeonly, snarky or just plain wrong.  But it doesn't mean we have to hate each other.  We can agree to disagree. And we can agree to not be OCD about disagreeing.  Please. To paraphrase fivekatz, "just my two cents."  And make it a seltzer, which as everyone in New York knows, a two-cents plain . But I digress.
    Posted by summerof67

Summer of 67,

First, I was 4 years old at the time, & I still remember playing 1/2 ball on the streats of Allston.  Great summer!  :)

To the point....  Well said!  The personal ad hominem attacks BY EVERYONE are getting out of control!  Last night, I responded quite harshly to bettered, SoldRed, GM, Softy, ? ....  Funny!  It didn't make me feel better!!!!!!!!  Even though what I said was correct.  Frankly, it made me feel like (rap!
    I guess it's the anonymity of the internet that allows us to go to the extremes!

When we start personally attacking eachother, even betterred / SoldRed, he wins!!!!!  It seems clear to me that the guy is simply here to stir up trouble & make RSN look bad.  I personally know how hard it is not to respond when Softball starts with the attacks & juxtaposed moralizing.  It's weird!  It's infuriating!  It's so hypocritical that you feel duty bound to respond in kind!  YET...........   IT NEVER DOES ANY GOOD!  YOU CAN'T CALL SOMEBODY OUT WHO IS TRYING TO STIR THINGS UP BY ANY MEANS P0SSIBLE!

Anyway......  Let's try getting back to baseball!  Let's try having some rockus yet semi - civil honest debates!

HEY!!!!   1st place!!!!!!   +10 over .500 :)   :)   :)   Who would have believed it after such a disastrous start!!!!   :)   :)

Let's enjoy this incredible season!  Like a 4 year old in the summer of 67  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

get your Jesus heah! get youah tootside frootsie Jesus!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We should all follow softy's upstanding role modelling for a better society that will reverse the tide of the spreading narcissism and rampant consumerism.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

wow guys, we just spanked the bejesus outta the MFY's and instead of the forum jumping for fkn joy we're having in sox bantering and complaining???? shame on us.

please let me dygress a bit..................april we started out 2-10.........remember april guys????? this forum was in absolute kaos....now were 10 games over .500 and white hot heading up to the great white north.....in more ways than one........sox and bruins.......for cripes sake let's all come together as a group and bury the hatchet and root root root for our ballclub to continue on their quest to october...........are we or are we not ALL IN??????

I'M ALL IN..............how bout the rest of you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

wow guys, we just spanked the bejesus outta the MFY's and instead of the forum jumping for fkn joy we're having in sox bantering and complaining???? shame on us. please let me dygress a bit..................april we started out 2-10.........remember april guys????? this forum was in absolute kaos....now were 10 games over .500 and white hot heading up to the great white north.....in more ways than one........sox and bruins.......for cripes sake let's all come together as a group and bury the hatchet and root root root for our ballclub to continue on their quest to october...........are we or are we not ALL IN?????? I'M ALL IN..............how bout the rest of you?
    Posted by Hammah29r2

LETS ROCK!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921&plckUserId=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921">
    First: 6/6/2008
    Last: 6/10/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a12db3671-e064-476c-99d5-96cddc4dfd1f&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:12db3671-e064-476c-99d5-96cddc4dfd1fPost:f74e944f-ee44-4797-b3af-57a486a4fe47">Re: harness, forum Jesus:
    wow guys, we just spanked the bejesus outta the MFY's and instead of the forum jumping for fkn joy we're having in sox bantering and complaining???? shame on us. please let me dygress a bit..................april we started out 2-10.........remember april guys????? this forum was in absolute kaos....now were 10 games over .500 and white hot heading up to the great white north.....in more ways than one........sox and bruins.......for cripes sake let's all come together as a group and bury the hatchet and root root root for our ballclub to continue on their quest to october...........are we or are we not ALL IN?????? I'M ALL IN..............how bout the rest of you?
    Posted by Hammah29r2

LETS ROCK!!

FKN A SPACEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The RS win 6 in a row and this what happens? Nothing else to whine about except each other?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i tried to get a NYYH8ER plate, but alas it was taken

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In the immortal words of George Carlin...

Drivin' for Jesus
    Drivin' for Jesus
    Makin' all the lights...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In the immortal words of George Carlin... Drivin' for Jesus Drivin' for Jesus Makin' all the lights...
    Posted by moonslav59

In the immortal words of Billy Gibbons:

Jesus Just Left Chicago
    Now he's bown for New Orleans
    Workin from one end to the other
    and all points in between

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

nhsteven: MikeNagy wasn't really involved; he was just providing friendly support. This was about a little more than a month ago; a huge thread on the matter was purged (hence no reference to most of the evidence), along with several notable users; Smiley being one of them, but he was largely an innocent bystander

Harness filed a complaint in detail to BDC about what was going on, resulting in the purges.

(Burrito, smiley beni was banned from the Forum because of HARNESS. Don`t mess with HARNESS). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In the immortal words of Billy Gibbons:

Jesus Just Left Chicago
    Now he's bown for New Orleans
    Workin from one end to the other
    and all points in between

I had totally forgotten that masterpiece. Thanks for the memory stir.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Why do fights always break out after we sweep the Yanks?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by tcal2-

Buddy Jesus. Nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

i tried to get a NYYH8ER plate, but alas it was taken
    Posted by dannycater
    NYYH8R2 is also taken. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The only time Harness is in a manger is to look at horses!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Just curious Burrito but if Harness is so all powerful why is this thread still wide open for you? 

Seems like there are a lot bigger problems facing the world than some illusion of control in a sports forum where there is clearly way more anarchy than control. 

I don't agree with everything Harness posts but I've noticed he is willing to have thoughtful back and forth on baseball topics. 

As for you, my impression from your posts is that you have a better person inside you that can be released if you move away from marching in lockstep with such a discredited persona as Softlaw, who is not without baseball acumen but is clearly not someone you want to follow off the side of his cliff. 

Especially when he has been wrong about so many things. 

We're in first place, things could be worse. From the tone of your post we're off to meet the four horsement any day now. Time to enjoy a game or two?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Look at it this way    ...

at least we aren't knocking any Sox!

There must be something odd in the air  ... Newt's whole upper echelon of campaign staff quit at one time.

The biggest issue in NY isn't the Yanquis losing but Big Papi's bat flip ....

My friends here that are NYYs fans still ask me, "Yeah, but who's in first?"  (Implying the Bombers still are...)

We romp in the Stadium ... and start to slay our first born.

....  1st born?   Maybe not, but there are at least 18,000 posts between Burrito and Harness .... they haven't had to play the silly multiple name changes that some less honorable guys do.

I still think it's funny that Newt's entire staff quit at once!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

When I first glimpsed at this thread title, I thought it said
    harness, forum genius. Then I saw the thread author, and thought:
    "That can't be right. Am I being nominated for the highest position the board has to offer? Higher than the Sheriff's office???

This thread does show BDC has a sense of humah.
    I've seen deleted posts from DCater/Softy/Burrito (although Burrito is known for editing and deleting at will - the ultimate side-stepper) but they let the thread ride.

Or, did I let it ride?    Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I was really, really trying to avoid taking sides, and I won't.

And I have been guilty myself of ad hominem attacks, so I should be careful with my words.  Of course, I won't be.

I once said to a Yankee troll that he smelled bad. But he really got on my nerves.

That's when I took a break from the forum.

Maybe jessey has the right idea.

I just hate seeing a bunch of people whom I like and respect get into these really venomous fits.

Troubles me...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Life's hypocrisy troubles me daily, my friend. There are always gonna be the darker elements. Then,  I see a baby's smile. Or a written gem. Or my mentally-challenged black cat trying to frantically hit the space bar on my keyboard.

And life is good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

don`t mess with harness, avoid a pink slip. harness is a forum cop. Don`t disagree with harness or else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

...and here's one of those darker elements.
    Hyphenated cyborgs:
    They add nothing.
    They don't talk baseball.
    They are here to incite.

Life's mosquitoes.

Sections
Shortcuts