harness, forum Jesus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: harness, forum Jesus

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus:
    I'll give you a hint: You and Warden BALL had a lot to do with it's success...
    Posted by harness

Of course! Nurse signing off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Believe me Kim, if I controlled things, I would point out your dare-to-be-positive threads. Softy would be cleaning out cyberspace stalls.  Pike would be forced to convert to Christianity. Babe would do time in a convent. And Burrito would be sentenced to a detox center where he must watch an endless stream of you-tube videos. Oh, the joy!
    Posted by harness

I'm replying to posts! Hallelujah! Although, I don't know how long it's going to last so I should just shut up and enjoy it!

I love the posts about editing. 791 made a post requesting that Babe never be banned. (His personal bodyguard here, of course). Not just a post, btw, but a homage to Babe, if you can believe it. I was shocked and replied that I couldn't believe someone would try to keep a poster here that was, obviously, here to aggravate Sox fans by insulting posters and the team in almost every post. He edited HIS post after I replied and made it seem more like a casual remark (still unbelievable no matter how you slice it). 

I think the "edit" tab should only be available for certain amount of time. No one should be editing posts after posters have replied, especially if it changes what they were replying to. IMO

I have to say in that case, though, if he had just changed it to just "Don't ban Babe", my reply would have been the same. But I think he changed it because of how ridiculous it appeared.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : I'm replying to posts! Hallelujah! Although, I don't know how long it's going to last so I should just shut up and enjoy it! I love the posts about editing. 791 made a post requesting that Babe never be banned. (His personal bodyguard here, of course). Not just a post, btw, but a homage to Babe, if you can believe it. I was shocked and replied that I couldn't believe someone would try to keep a poster here that was, obviously, here to aggravate Sox fans by insulting posters and the team in almost every post. He edited HIS post after I replied and made it seem more like a casual remark (still unbelievable no matter how you slice it).  I think the "edit" tab should only be available for certain amount of time. No one should be editing posts after posters have replied, especially if it changes what they were replying to. IMO I have to say in that case, though, if he had just changed to to "Don't ban Babe", my reply would have been the same.  But I think he changed it because of how ridiculous it appeared.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    Every movie needs a snidely whiplash. Babe is the Snidely Whiplash of the 2011 Red Sox world Championship film.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim, the usage of the edit tab is largely reliant on a poster's honesty.
    The proper protocol is:

EDIT: blah blah whatever.

Many posters will adhere to it, but the ones with questionable character manipulate it at will. I've seen you copy posts before they engage in the sly activity you speak of. That makes them look foolish as they are caught in the act!

If the reply to post tab would function properly, it wouldn't be an issue.
    I find that hitting the refresh tab often kicks the reply tab into gear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Kim , the usage of the edit tab is largely reliant on a poster's honesty. The proper protocol is: EDIT: blah blah whatever. Many posters will adhere to it, but the ones with questionable character manipulate it at will. I've seen you copy posts before they engage in the sly activity you speak of. That makes them look foolish as they are caught in the act! If the reply to post tab would function properly, it wouldn't be an issue. I find that hitting the refresh tab often kicks the reply tab into gear.
    Posted by harness

Oh, and don't forget the red highlighting.  My trademark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : Every movie needs a snidely whiplash. Babe is the Snidely Whiplash of the 2011 Red Sox world Championship film.
    Posted by carnie

The only people who believe that are posters that like to kiss the butts of the Yankee fans here -- or they're 15 years old. No forum needs someone who puts "red flops", "big floppy", beckhit", and papelblown in every post. This guy is a middle-aged man. Doesn't that seem an odd way for him to spend every waking moment of his life?  You guys have to stop pretending he's a kid.

Not to mention the personal insults, to me included, that he has dished out thoughout the forum. He fills threads with posts just contradicting what everyone says, and like I said, making insulting remarks. He gets people to banter with him, and loves the fact that Red Sox topics of interest are buried under his endless barrage posts. 

Btw, that label was given to him by your Yankee pal, Jesseyeric. Start thinking about Sox fans instead of what Yankee fans find appealing on a Red Sox forum. They have some of you guys wrapped around their fingers, and they are laughing themselves sick about it. This would never fly on a Yankee forum. No way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I use the edit button all the time, but to correct poor spelling or poor sentence structure.

I did use it once to eliminate a nasty post with Garcia1 a while back, because I DID make a harshly incorrect statement. 

And to the poster asking about Jesus (or the typo was Jebus), YES, I do still believe in Him and have a very friendly relaitionship with Him.  He wishes I would grow up a bit more but He's been quite patient with me in my struggles and joys. 

Easter bunny, no.  Jack Frost, no.  But most certainly I'm aware of the season and its arrival annually. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : The only people who believe that are posters that like to kiss the butts of the Yankee fans here -- or they're 15 years old. No forum needs someone who puts "red flops", "big floppy", beckhit", and papelblown in every post. This guy is a middle-aged man. Doesn't that seem an odd way for him to spend every waking moment of his life?  You guys have to stop pretending he's a kid. Not to mention the personal insults, to me included, that he has dished out thoughout the forum. He fills threads with posts just contradicting what everyone says, and like I said, making insulting remarks. He gets people to banter with him, and loves the fact that Red Sox topics of interest are buried under his endless barrage posts.  Btw, that label was given to him by your Yankee pal, Jesseyeric. Start thinking about Sox fans instead of what Yankee fans find appealing on a Red Sox forum. They have some of you guys wrapped around their fingers, and they are laughing themselves sick about it. This would never fly on a Yankee forum. No way.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    Name me a movie that doesn't have a villian.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : Name me a movie that doesn't have a villian.
    Posted by carnie

Many films with merit don't have villains.  They have nuanced characters who have positive and negative characteristics, sometimes fatal flaws.  That's what makes them interesting. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

AMERICAN GRAFFITI?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I use the edit button all the time, but to correct poor spelling or poor sentence structure. I did use it once to eliminate a nasty post with Garcia1 a while back, because I DID make a harshly incorrect statement.  And to the poster asking about Jesus (or the typo was Jebus), YES, I do still believe in Him and have a very friendly relaitionship with Him.  He wishes I would grow up a bit more but He's been quite patient with me in my struggles and joys.  Easter bunny, no.  Jack Frost, no.  But most certainly I'm aware of the season and its arrival annually. 
    Posted by SinceYaz

That's scary! I figured they were just stray thoughts!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Name me a movie that doesn't have a villian. -- Carnie
    ----------------------------------------

This is not a movie. It's a Red Sox forum for people who want to talk about their team and baseball. Maybe your friend needs to find a Yankee board where he can harass Red Sox fans that go there. If he's on a Boston.com Red Sox forum and harassing fans, he has an agenda as he wouldn't have just stumbled in here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

AMERICAN GRAFFITI?
    Posted by harness

Talk about a timeline that was way of whack.  Prom night?  Heading to an East Coast college the next morning? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Name me a movie that doesn't have a villian. -- Carnie ---------------------------------------- This is not a movie. It's a Red Sox forum for people who want to talk about their team and baseball. Maybe your friend needs to find a Yankee board where he can harass Red Sox fans that go there. If he's on a Boston.com Red Sox forum and harassing fans, he has an agenda as he wouldn't have just stumbled in here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

The sooner the writer realizes that the BDC Board is not all about her and her perception of the best method to operate a fan forum, the happier and more accepting of reality she may become here.

This forum closely mirrors real life and real people. Some we like and some we don't. The bonus here is that we are provided with an ignore button. If we don't like the message or messenger then we simply hit ignore or stop visiting. If only real life were so simple!!

This Board was here before the above writer and will continue long after the writer has left the building. Accept it for what it is or move on. What else can you do? Yankee fans "ARE" a part of the program and in most instances are far more amusing and intellectually balanced with their comments than many here who claim to be fans of the Red Sox. deal with it! It's all part of the package.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

yankee fans are fine.
    harness is ok.
    harness likes cats.
    we should all get along.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : The sooner the writer realizes that the BDC Board is not all about her and her perception of the best method to operate a fan forum, the happier and more accepting of reality she may become here. This forum closely mirrors real life and real people. Some we like and some we don't. The bonus here is that we are provided with an ignore button. If we don't like the message or messenger then we simply hit ignore or stop visiting. If only real life were so simple!! This Board was here before the above writer and will continue long after the writer has left the building. Accept it for what it is or move on. What else can you do? Yankee fans "ARE" a part of the program and in most instances are far more amusing and intellectually balanced with their comments than many here who claim to be fans of the Red Sox. deal with it! It's all part of the package.
    Posted by playball01

Don't think I didn't notice the posts of mine in other threads you didn't respond to. Instead you make your "Yankee post" here. I'm sure Yankee fans are happy as they can always count on you. You and your little merry band of Yankee well-wishers should watch your back. I think, eventually, it may become old on the forum as new posters may not think your insulting, abusive Yankee friends are cool here anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Are there really people that still believe in Jebus?  What about the Easter Bunny?  Any Bunnyites here?  Hands up for Jack Frost!
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars

Sonics,

Why is it some people find it "acceptable" & "funny" to mock believers in Christ??

I'm not very religious, or spiritual for that matter, but I have always found it BEYOND IRONIC that liberals who constantly "preach" about tolerance of differing faiths (i.e. the Muslim faith) have absolutely no problem bashing both Christians & their faith.  Not to mention their very savior.  I have no problem with calling out many fundamentalist evangelical Christians for their hypocrisy when their actions run in stark contrast to their professed moral codes (i.e. bettered, SoldRed, GM, Softy comes immediately to mind). 

Calling someone out for being a judgmental pr!ck, a moralizing hypocrite, & a race baiting religious zealot, is FAR DIFFERENT THAN ACTUALLY MOCKING AN ENTIRE RELIGION, THEIR SAVIOR, & THEIR FAITH!

Liberals of good will????  (and there are many)  It's time to stand up to those who mock Christianity with such ease & vitriol in your name.  You would never stand for it if the same people were mocking Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. !!!!

I get the fact that people like bettered, who condemn everyone around them for their "lack of moral underpinnings (in his mind)" can really get under your skin, especially in light of his nasty hateful demeanor & constant hypocritical moralizing.......  BUT, that is no reason to condemn & mock an entire faith & their God.  It's just wrong!  Not to mention equally hypocritical!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i came to this thread to discuss ceramic Jesuses and religious ideology chat broke out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jesus is batting 4th in the Sox lineup today. Or a likeness?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Jesus is batting 4th in the Sox lineup today. Or a likeness?
    Posted by dannycater

Now that's good natured.....  More important!  Funny :)   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : Now that's good natured.....  More important!  Funny :)   LOL
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

I agree, and I agree with your prior excellent post. The other guys post was not funny and in poor taste.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thanks Telly :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Young-Ideas. Show Young-Ideas's posts

harness, where is your siamese twin brother (lasmediasrotas) why isn`t him helping you ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Re: harness, forum Jesus : 1. Don't think I didn't notice the posts of mine in other threads you didn't respond to. Instead you make your "Yankee post" here. I'm sure Yankee fans are happy as they can always count on you. 2. You and your little merry band of Yankee well-wishers should watch your back. I think, eventually, 3. it may become old on the forum as new posters may not think your insulting, abusive Yankee friends are cool here anymore.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

1. I rarely waste my time responding to your posts because they are reflective of the same old song and dance but in this case I couldn't resist playing along.

2. Not even sure what is meant but the phrase "watch your back" is beyond absurd and laughable, especially when considering the source!

3. Playball has been posting since 2005 "AND" is still going strong. Why? Because Playball has many friends on this board, responds to intelligent baseball conversations, irregardless of the writer, and doesn't discriminate against those that may share a different team allegiance as long as the discussions are thought provoking and intelligently brought forth. If a writer's post brings something substantive to this board then I welcome them with open arms - even if originated from a Yankee Fan! It's really quite simple ...

Discuss Baseball Related Matters "OR" Go Away!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i came to this thread to discuss Jesus Alou and slighted other brothers chat broke out.

Sections
Shortcuts