Harness. Navarro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Harness. Navarro?

What goes on before/between pitches is "proactive".
    What goes on once the pitch is released is reactive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Good to see that you've moved away from "hitting is reactive," period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

UR rubbing off on me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Harness. Navarro?:
    UR rubbing off on me!
    Posted by harness

Funny comment.  I still think it a pity that illness prevented an opportunity for you to pitch in college and, perhaps, in pro. 
    You and I seem the most inclined on the board to think that Navarro, when healthy, may be a better prospect than Iglesias. All the hype about the glitzy glove, combined with reservations about Lowrie, seem to have people jumping the gun for Iglesias.  But he's clearly not ready to play in Boston, and -- who knows -- may never hit well enough.  Navarro has the tools. Let's hope he gets back in action this season so that he can show what he can do.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ex-P: College and I didn't see eye to eye. Maybe it's because I had so damn little motivation once baseball was cut out of my life. If is a tall word. If health held...
    People take so much for granted when it comes to health and opportunity.
    I'm glad you got the chance you did. Would have loved to have seen you compete.

I actually considered coaching (pitching) as a viable alternative, but at the lower levels, the $$$ is a joke. Baseball/music/handicapping...once something gets deep into UR blood, it never really leaves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Ex-P : College and I didn't see eye to eye. Maybe it's because I had so damn little motivation once baseball was cut out of my life. If is a tall word. If health held... People take so much for granted when it comes to health and opportunity. I'm glad you got the chance you did. Would have loved to have seen you compete. I actually considered coaching (pitching) as a viable alternative, but at the lower levels, the $$$ is a joke. Baseball/music/handicapping...once something gets deep into UR blood, it never really leaves.
    Posted by harness
    Don't mean to make you feel worse, but you once said that you wouldn't have made it anyway. If you had late movement, a good slider, and kept the ball down, who knows. You might have been a very good college pitcher, and.... I just wish you had had the chance. I hate to hear stories like yours.  
    Me, I couldn't have been luckier. I never missed an inning on the mound because of injury or illness -- but I did depart early once or twice. Ho. And I had the great fortune to play for the best coach of them all.
    How do you handicap the Belmont? Another stride or two and Animal Kingdom wins the Preakness. Does the longer distance favor him in the Belmont? Or does another horse emerge from the pack to take it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

His mental toughness - or lack of - may be his Achilles heel.

No one has more mental toughness issues than the great Jed Lowrie, I agree with you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

My take is based on what I read regarding maturity issues with him. He'll make a physical mistake, then just 'give up on himself'. Then he's prone to nonchalant in the field, like he doesn't care. This came from his minor league mgr. Also, when he was up for a cup of coffee last year, the other players noticed his maturity issue. I read this last year because I took an interest in him. Whether this still holds true now I don't know. I think he has the goods to cut it at the ML level. He has the physical skills. His mental toughness - or lack of - may be his Achilles heel.
    Posted by harness

Navarro will be on the big club at some point and do well.  I have yet to hear anything bad about his mental awareness or stability.  Where did you read or hear this and when if you dont mind me asking? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

He read it in his pipe dreams, along side of CERA and the chronicles of Jason Varitik.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To Craze4sox - the link is on page one of this thread - my 3rd post.

The asylum for Softlaw is coming.

To Ex-Pitch: When ya talk of horse-racing, that makes me feel good!
    I don't play flat racing, just Harness racing. I used to play the thoroughbreds, but there are too many inconsistencies as they tend to run only once every three weeks, give or take.  You can make some bread betting the triple crown races, though.
    The reason is that certain horses will get over-bet and there's so much action in the wagering pools, the chance of an overlay is strong, so you'll get a good price unless there's obvious disparity in the race.

If you feel a heavy chalk is beatable, expand on the exotic bets. Or, if you feel it's down to 3 possible winners, wheel and pray! The added distance, IMO, can be helpful, depending on when the horse makes his move. It comes down to perceived disparity of ability.

In Harness racing, the distance is the same in most cases. The oval of the track differs with many venues, which makes it a challenge. They run once a week and are more predictable, but the pools can be distorted very easily.
    You have to hit far more often in harness racing, which is the toughest aspect.

I got bone chips in my elbow to this day because of that slider. But it was pretty good. Think Bowden - at a much lower level.

The beauty of handi-capping is that it isn't dependant on a player's health & age.
    But, man, it's a hell of a lot of work if you take it seriously. I'm sure you have said the same thing about pitching. But love of it surpasses all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

To Craze4sox - the link is on page one of this thread - my 3rd post. The asylum for Softlaw is coming. To Ex-Pitch : When ya talk of horse-racing, that makes me feel good! I don't play flat racing, just Harness racing. I used to play the thoroughbreds, but there are too many inconsistencies as they tend to run only once every three weeks, give or take.  You can make some bread betting the triple crown races, though. The reason is that certain horses will get over-bet and there's so much action in the wagering pools, the chance of an overlay is strong, so you'll get a good price unless there's obvious disparity in the race. If you feel a heavy chalk is beatable, expand on the exotic bets. Or, if you feel it's down to 3 possible winners, wheel and pray! The added distance, IMO, can be helpful, depending on when the horse makes his move. It comes down to perceived disparity of ability. In Harness racing, the distance is the same in most cases. The oval of the track differs with many venues, which makes it a challenge. They run once a week and are more predictable, but the pools can be distorted very easily. You have to hit far more often in harness racing, which is the toughest aspect. I got bone chips in my elbow to this day because of that slider. But it was pretty good. Think Bowden - at a much lower level. The beauty of handi-capping is that it isn't dependant on a player's health & age. But, man, it's a hell of a lot of work if you take it seriously. I'm sure you have said the same thing about pitching. But love of it surpasses all.
    Posted by harness

harness, I think everyone should just allow kids time to be kids and stop passing judgement before they fully mature.  

I remember very clearly back in the Hanley days.
      Theo stated more than once he felt there were maturity issues and was unhappy with Hanley.  The pre-season before Hanley was traded he had a better spring than anyone on the club and still didn't make the team when we could have used him.  Theo, wanted to trade Hanley for Lowell and Beckett all along "no mystery to some of us" and returned shortly after he got his contract and way.  I'm not saying it was a bad move, just that Hanley had little chance of staying in Boston, partly due to this type of judgement. 

I have worked closely, but not directly for the organization the past 11 years. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

If you've been associated with the organization for 11 years, I'm surprised you were in the dark about Navarro - or the piece. Also, why didn't you know that Theo was against the Hanley trade. He said repeatedly he wouldn't have made it. The deal was made with him on sabbatical. He valued Hanley.

I'm not making a single judgement on Navarro. I just gave you the link you requested. Draw UR own conclusions. I hope it's all good. If there are issues, perhaps understanding their origin is a good thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If you've been associated with the organization for 11 years, I'm surprised you were in the dark about Navarro - or the piece. Also, why didn't you know that Theo was against the Hanley trade. He said repeatedly he wouldn't have made it. The deal was made with him on sabbatical. He valued Hanley. I'm not making a single judgement on Navarro. I just gave you the link you requested. Draw UR own conclusions. I hope it's all good. If there are issues, perhaps understanding their origin is a good thing.
    Posted by harness

harness,

There is a big difference between "first hand news" and articles written by people with nothing better to do.  Theo was behind the Hanley trade and probably would have left the franchise if we had not made it.  Please feel free to believe what you want through whatever source you feel comfortable with.

The origin of the truth is known to a select few who are fortunate enough to see it which you are obviously not one of.  Most articles are written to supply reading material to anyone who will bite.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Theo was in a gorilla suit when the Hanley deal was made.
    He said publicly, several times, he didn't advocate it. Are you calling him a liar?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Theo (Sox) didnt "want" Lowell; he was thrust upon him.

Nobody wanted Mikey and his contract back then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Theo was in a gorilla suit when the Hanley deal was made. He said publicly , several times, he didn't advocate it. Are you calling him a liar?
    Posted by harness

Absolutely!

What would you say to the Boston fans and media hounds after just trading one of, if not our best SS prospect ever?  Theo is a smart guy and great politician.  Theo clearly felt Hanley was immature and not major league ready even after a fantastic spring training and our need at SS.  We had a lot of needs and Theo's didn't include Hanley at the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Theo (Sox) didnt "want" Lowell; he was thrust upon him. Nobody wanted Mikey and his contract back then.
    Posted by moonslav59

Theo wanted Beckett and hoped Lowell would work out which would have filled "two" needs intead of one at SS.  This made sense which I don't disagree with.  Mike did work out very well, until the bad blood set in between he and Theo over trade rumors and a hip injury.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Funny. I felt the man had more character than to lie to millions of people about such an issue. Especially when those directly in his orbit are also affected.

I see this is UR first day posting on this forum. Is it legit? Or are you returning from the land of the banned?
    Why would one involved in the organization post - or for that matter be allowed to post - on a public forum?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Funny. I felt the man had more character than to lie to millions of people about such an issue. Especially when those directly in his orbit are also affected. I see this is UR first day posting on this forum. Is it legit? Or are you returning from the land of the banned? Why would one involved in the organization post - or for that matter be allowed to post - on a public forum?
    Posted by harness

Are you attacking me for what I know or what you don't harness?  I'm not a guy who can spend endless hours on a baseball forum.  I'm also not a guy that has ever been here or banned from anything.  One last blow to your ego which seems to have been hurt.  There are many posters in this forum with direct ties to the Globe and our organization. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm not attacking you. Talk about fragile.
    You are telling me things that run contrary to what so many others have said.
    I'm simply questioning it.
    Now you say there are many posters here with Globe/team ties.
    I do know posters comeback as others every day here.
    Some seem to make it an art form.

Tell me, why is it you chose now to come here? I'd think that with UR inside knowledge, you' have refuted many a "lie". You must have some strong constitution to be so disciplined up to now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'm not attacking you. Talk about fragile. You are telling me things that run contrary to what so many others have said. I'm simply questioning it. Now you say there are many posters here with Globe/team ties. I do know posters comeback as others every day here. Some seem to make it an art form. Tell me, why is it you chose now to come here? I'd think that with UR inside knowledge , you' have refuted many a "lie". You must have some strong constitution to be so disciplined.
    Posted by harness

Harness, I’m not here to step on or disrespect “if you will” those who spend every day on the board and feel the need to give expert advice to those who may or may not need it.   

My son has been here for some time and is about as honest as one can be.  He suggested I read and join in on some of the topics he reads.  You can disagree, but please don’t disrespect me for having knowledge on a particular issue you may not agree with.  I don't make up facts or need to explain my presence to you but did anyway. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

How do you know what regular posters here do? Who claims to be an expert? You just got here, remember? I always thought of this place as a fan discussion board. You get out of it what you put into it. It can be a learning experience for those who wish to keep open minds. This place can also have a humbling affect.

Respect is something that is earned. I could be Curt Schilling, but on this board, others can only go by what I post. My knowledge/take will earn me a service or dis-service over time. 

I respect Moonslav. I know him through his extensive research. I respect many others for similar reasons. But, that's just me. I'm sure many couldn't give a damn who I do or don't respect. 

Getting back to our topic of whether Theo is or isn't a liar, can you offer anything tangible to support UR claim about how he really felt about the Hanley deal?
    This does interest me.

Thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Most articles are written to supply reading material to anyone who will bite

Harness is one of the biggest suckers on this board. You have obvously caught him on one of his absurd claims with no basis. He has a lot of time to come on here.

This Board has two constant bully indentities:

Moonslav and Harness and their other stage names they use from time to time.

My respect for Theo left during 2010. It had nothing to do with wins and losses and championships.

I hope you stay on and post here a lot. Your insights are quite refreshing. Moonslav and Harness are out to lunch and clueless, but like to bloviate and bully posters who don't lock step with their favorite pet issues and players.

Welcome, new poster, and you will find few posters here who actually have a clue and aren't scared to attack popular convention.

PS: Harness claimed that AGon would be a Padre on 2011 opening day, if that will clue you in on who clueless he is. He also claims that the Red Sox pitching staff performance is tied to the CERA of Jason Varitek. You may or may not agree with it, but it's a quite popular myth perpetuated by the two Board bullies. Clay Buchholz certainly didn't but it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

How do you know what regular posters here do? Who claims to be an expert? You just got here, remember? I always thought of this place as a fan discussion board. You get out of it what you put into it. It can be a learning experience for those who wish to keep open minds. This place can also have a humbling affect. Respect is something that is earned. I could be Curt Schilling, but on this board, others can only go by what I post. My knowledge/take will earn me a service or dis-service over time.  I respect Moonslav . I know him through his extensive research. I respect many others for similar reasons. But, that's just me. I'm sure many couldn't give a damn who I do or don't respect.  Getting back to our topic of whether Theo is or isn't a liar, can you offer anything tangible to support UR claim about how he really felt about the Hanley deal? This does interest me. Thanks.
    Posted by harness

harness, I have read a few of your posts.  You can be quite insightful, or simply caught in a world wind of statistics that you feel support your belief in a particular player.  Jason is a perfect example, the criticism "in most cases" is well deserved and quite obvious.  Players simply age and can't sustain what they did in the past.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.  I'm more of a realist who likes to watch our team without complaining, regardless of who is playing good or bad

Finally,
    This is an open forum, I don't feel the need to justify my statements when I already feel confident in what I say.  Even if I did there is only so far one can go on a sensitive subject.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Most articles are written to supply reading material to anyone who will bite Harness is one of the biggest suckers on this board. You have obvously caught him on one of his absurd claims with no basis. He has a lot of time to come on here. This Board has two constant bully indentities: Moonslav and Harness and their other stage names they use from time to time. My respect for Theo left during 2010. It had nothing to do with wins and losses and championships. I hope you stay on and post here a lot. Your insights are quite refreshing. Moonslav and Harness are out to lunch and clueless, but like to bloviate and bully posters who don't lock step with their favorite pet issues and players. Welcome, new poster, and you will find few posters here who actually have a clue and aren't scared to attack popular convention. PS: Harness claimed that AGon would be a Padre on 2011 opening day, if that will clue you in on who clueless he is. He also claims that the Red Sox pitching staff performance is tied to the CERA of Jason Varitek. You may or may not agree with it, but it's a quite popular myth perpetuated by the two Board bullies. Clay Buchholz certainly didn't but it.  
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

SoxSoldRed, thanks I will try and pop in every few days.

Sections
Shortcuts