Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today?

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today?:
    In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : babe - yes, his home/road splits do reflect the fenway factor that all assumed Adrian would get cozy with, especially compared to Petco.  But, given that even his road numbers are significantly greater than his overall numbers prior to this year, i think we can feel safe in saying that it might have something to do with the line-up he is hitting in, not just his home ballpark.  

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Agreed, but referring to the OP I don't know if that makes him the best hitter in the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today?

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today?:
    In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Agreed, but referring to the OP I don't know if that makes him the best hitter in the game.
    Posted by -The--Babe---------

Who's better then?  Who would you take over A-Gon?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

RE: but it appears that he may be entering his decline.  RE: In fairness to Puljos he's been battling injuries this year, Coming off steroids will do that to a player
    Posted by KRomine

I agree.  I do believe he was a big steroid/ HGH guy.  He just looks like a juicer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Who's better then?  Who would you take over A-Gon?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Crickets....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Right now, yes but maybe Pujols is down cos he's hurt. Id take Gonzo though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Who's better then?  Who would you take over A-Gon?

Once again, you fool yourself that having a career year means that player is the best. AGon has to do this more than once to be better than Pujols....silly fanboy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I wonder if there is a thread on a St. Louis forum that is making the same comparison?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Gonzalez is a career .284 hitter coming into the season.
    He's clearly having a better year. He's got miles to go before he can be remotely compared career wise to Pujols.
    Miguel Cabrera is the only one close to Pujols among active players for career stats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : I agree.  I do believe he was a big steroid/ HGH guy.  He just looks like a juicer.

Pujols simply doesn't juice. He swore that if he ever got caught juicing, he would give every cent he ever earned back to the Cards. He would be a fool to put 125 million dollars on the line to improve his numbers. Plus, he might not resign with the Cards, so if he got caught juicing next year for, say, the Cubs, he would rip off the Cubs by giving that money back to the Cards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

Right now you'd have to consider bautista in a much weaker lineup and a tougher home park, more balanced home / away splits. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

I'd go with bautista right now. Lesser lineup around him, tougher home park, more balanced home / away splits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Huge difference between his home and road splits. More of a product of fenway then actually being the best hitter in the game.
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------

AGon is a .318/.387/.550/.937 on the road

Pujols is a .283/.350/.530/.880 this entire season

hahahahahahahahaha

The Babe is a fool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : AGon is a .318/.387/.550/.937 on the road Pujols is a .283/.350/.530/.880 this entire season hahahahahahahahaha The Babe is a fool
    Posted by rameakap

Can you please point out where I said pujols is the better hitter?

Looks like the only fool here is you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Can you please point out where I said pujols is the better hitter? Looks like the only fool here is you.
    Posted by The-Babe-------------

trashing a .318 road hitter based on his 'road splits' only proves you have your head way in the mud

thanks for playing Babe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : I'd go with bautista right now. Lesser lineup around him, tougher home park, more balanced home / away splits.

Acceptable but A-Gon has been a great hitter for more than just the last year and a half unlike Bautista.  I'm just more sold on the guy even though Bautista is having an incredible year all around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Acceptable but A-Gon has been a great hitter for more than just the last year and a half unlike Bautista.  I'm just more sold on the guy even though Bautista is having an incredible year all around.

He hasn't hit nearly as well as he has this year, silly fanboy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : Acceptable but A-Gon has been a great hitter for more than just the last year and a half unlike Bautista.  I'm just more sold on the guy even though Bautista is having an incredible year all around.

That's great, but the title of your thread said in the game TODAY.

And this time last year nobody considered agone the best in the game, fenway has elevated his numbers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Has Adrian Gonzalez overtaken Albert Pujols as the best hitter in the game today? : That's great, but the title of your thread said in the game TODAY. And this time last year nobody considered agone the best in the game, fenway has elevated his numbers.

He is still not the best in the game, hes a guy having a career year.

Sections
Shortcuts