Has anyone ever...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Has anyone ever...

... told Ken Rosenthal that NOBODY wears bow ties?

NOBODY.

(But he actually is a knowledgable baseball writer.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Has anyone ever...

He is knowledgeable, but he has a face for print.  And does he get dressed in the dark??  Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Former US senator Paul Simon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I liked him when he was with The Sporting News. Since he came to Fox he has become a bit more like a sensationalist jounalist in many ways. Reporting breaking news that isn't always right. EX: Announcing in game 4 2007 WS that A-Rod was opting out of his contract with the Yankees. Turned out to be false. And a few others.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He wears bow ties for different causes like Ronald McDonald house,Stand up to cancer,etc..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/30/ken-rosenthal-will-be-wearing-bow-ties-all-year-and-this-is-a-very-good-thing/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He wears bow ties for different causes like Ronald McDonald house,Stand up to cancer,etc..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/30/ken-rosenthal-will-be-wearing-bow-ties-all-year-and-this-is-a-very-good-thing/

[/QUOTE]

This is why I'm glad I read all of the posts in this thread before replying as I was about to blast KR for the bow ties.... 

Kudos to KR for doing that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't know..........

....bow ties are real cool.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Pee Wee Herman......NICE!!  Remember when him being 'hands on' in a movie theater was a huge topic for debate??  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........those were the days......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... told Ken Rosenthal that NOBODY wears bow ties?

NOBODY.

(But he actually is a knowledgable baseball writer.)

[/QUOTE]

Here are some notable 'NOBODYS'

Frank Sinatra Old Blue Eyes wore his ties proudly from the moment he started performing, as a singer on a Major Bowes amateur radio broadcast. He is credited with the popularity of bow ties in the 1940s and '50s.  Liberace Along with Elton John and Pee Wee Herman, the pianist, who was one of the world's most recognizable celebrities from the 1950s to the 1970s, gave the staid neckpiece an infusion of eccentric kitsch.

Orville Redenbacher The literal face (and name) of his popcorn franchise, which launched in 1970, the onetime county agricultural agent-turned gourmet popcorn tycoon and TV advertising star made the bow tie part of his signature look.

Fred Astaire The legendary dancer and actor, who got his start on Broadway in 1917, was known for his dapper look so much that he is pictured wearing a bow tie on the cover of the book 'Fred Astaire' by Joseph Epstein.

Winston Churchill An avid bow tie wearer, Britain's World War II leader served as the inspiration for the Blenheim -- a navy bow tie with white polka dots named for his birthplace and taken from his favorite look.

Louis Farrakhan Since joining the group in 1955, the National Representative of the Nation of Islam was pictured wearing a bow tie, and members of the Nation of Islam wore them as well. However, in an unexpected shift in recent years, Farrakhan began sporting a regular tie with his suits.

Groucho Marx The funnyman (right, with sidekick George Fenneman) made the bow tie a permanent part of his image during his five-decade career starting in the 1920s.

And my favorite 'Bow Tie' wearer.........

Wait for it now......

Sections
Shortcuts