Has anyone seen "BIG PAPI" of late ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Has anyone seen

You see, there is a very large difference between writing a negative post on a baseball player and writing one intending to ridicule another poster.

I generally ridicule the opinion, and not the poster.  How often has Bill posted something negative about papi?  Why should people have to put up with that cra p?  Bill has probably started 20-30 Papi threads this year.  And he isn't complainging about a bad year, he complaining every time Papi has 3 bad games.  Who the heck wants to read that.

Or how many threads has Softy started about Wakefield over the past 2 years?  2 years in which he's been retired.  Maybe I just have a lower threshold to tedium than others.

And this is a RS site.  If NYY fan comes in here every week starting a thread about how bad Papi is, then I will feel free to insult him right back.  That Bill says he is a RS doesn't give him any special rights to insult RS players having good years.

In any case, if Bill and Softy don't want to be insulted, they can start off by not insulting others.  I have fairly stricts standards on that.  If you politely state your opinion, I will politely refute it.  

If someone wants to be insulting, like calling the 2007 Red Sox the Greatest Chokers in History, then you better expect to it returned in the same manner.  When someone refers to Reddick as dog po op, refers to Pedroia as Loser Show, refers to Paps as Pimplebum, and then doesn't think he should be insulted in return, then let's just say we have a difference of opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

JB has pertty much hit the nail on the head. no need to argue with him PG. just go look through all of bills blather threads and see the responses he gets. THE FORUM, is fed up with him and has been for awhile. Hell, BDC banned him twice because they were fed up with him too!

you get what you give and posters like Bill, softlaw, ADG, (not so much this year) Geo and to a lesser extent you PG. all deserve the criticism their posts receive for the most part.

you are what your record says you are and posters like these do not have a good one (generally speaking. because if you put your record up against Softys then you look like floyd mayweather). the proof is out there for all to see and the rest of us can tell who is an idiot and who is not. If these posters did not want to get obliterated by facts they would put forth more effort into incorporating fact into their posts and not ignorance.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

JB has pertty much hit the nail on the head. no need to argue with him PG. just go look through all of bills blather threads and see the responses he gets. THE FORUM, is fed up with him and has been for awhile. Hell, BDC banned him twice because they were fed up with him too!

you get what you give and posters like Bill, softlaw, ADG, (not so much this year) Geo and to a lesser extent you PG. all deserve the criticism their posts receive for the most part.

you are what your record says you are and posters like these do not have a good one (generally speaking. because if you put your record up against Softys then you look like floyd mayweather). the proof is out there for all to see and the rest of us can tell who is an idiot and who is not. If these posters did not want to get obliterated by facts they would put forth more effort into incorporating fact into their posts and not ignorance.

Get what you give ???????   Whats that ????   What about the right to have/give an OPINION ?????  Then you try & make it look like there are bad people on this board ..........  Its all about >RESPECT others OPINIONS, please !!!!   BTW, 0-4 last night, just saying !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Get what you give ???????   Whats that ????   What about the right to have/give an OPINION ?????  Then you try & make it look like there are bad people on this board ..........  Its all about >RESPECT others OPINIONS, please !!!!   BTW, 0-4 last night, just saying !!!

bill, you're old enough that 'dad' should have taught you this lesson already, but I'll try. If you want others to respect you, then how about respecting other posters on this board. Do you really think you deserved respect when you were spamming the board with multiple threads that were basically on the same topic.

You want posters to respect you opinion? Why? YOU don't respect your opinion. If you respected your own opinion, you would intelligently defend it or engage in an intelligent debate. You don't do it.

For example, on another thread, you made a post that basically said that Ortiz doesn't hit good pitching. I responded to that thread and showed you how facts didn't fit your 'opinion.' You never responded to that post nor to the post that discussed that exact issue. I thought it was an interesting topic.

So why should we respect your opinion when you simply throw some comment out there then hide when someone tries to engage you in conversation on it?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

bill, you're old enough that 'dad' should have taught you this lesson already, but I'll try. If you want others to respect you, then how about respecting other posters on this board. Do you really think you deserved respect when you were spamming the board with multiple threads that were basically on the same topic.

You want posters to respect you opinion? Why? YOU don't respect your opinion. If you respected your own opinion, you would intelligently defend it or engage in an intelligent debate. You don't do it.

For example, on another thread, you made a post that basically said that Ortiz doesn't hit good pitching. I responded to that thread and showed you how facts didn't fit your 'opinion.' You never responded to that post nor to the post that discussed that exact issue. I thought it was an interesting topic.

So why should we respect your opinion when you simply throw some comment out there then hide when someone tries to engage you in conversation on it?

[/QUOTE]

Good post ROY.  However you're assuming Bill has the ability to actually hold such a conversation.  Anything past 4 sentences and he seems to get flustered then fills the space with 'respect/humor' jargon.  The sad fact is that Bill simply does not like papi due to his heritage. He is simply a racist and has gotten banned twice due to that fact which I actually know to be true.  Until Bill grows up I really think the best way to take care of the troll is to simply ignore his posts and threads. He'll eventually take care of the situation on his own.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

It is not like Bill posted about Ortiz going 0 for 4 last night.  He did not even repeat some of Orsillo's comments about Ortiz having some recent quiet series.  Bill just posted about Ortiz's 0 for 22 slump.  Simply fact and it is an opinion board he is entitled to his.

Once again, Bill seems to be the most popular poster on this site.  Most people just skip by posts which they think are crazy.  Most people only reply to posts which have credibilty.

1-This thread is not about Papi's 0-22 stretch.  Read the opening post.  This is about Papi going 0-4.  Starting threads about a player going 0-4 is bizzarre, imo.  That probably happens at least 100 times a day.

2-It isn't about a given stretch of time.  Bill has an obsession with Papi.  He hates him for some strange reason, and starts threads everytime he has a couple of bad games.

3-Fireman started a thread about the NYMs being interested in Ells and/or Drew.  Bill's addition to that thread was that maybe the NYMs would be interested in trading for Papi.  So he wants to trade our best hitter, to a National League team to be their 'DH', when they already have a 1B, weak though he might be.

How is it that someone wouldn't find that annoying?  It is like listening to a 3-year old saying the same thing over and over.  A completely inane suggestion, on a thread that had nothing to do with Papi.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am not going to argue with Breidey, MEF, because its like argueing with the wall. We just have different opinions on how to approach posts we find strange. I tend to gloss over them and move on; Breidey thinks its fine to go after the poster. He actually identified five posters here, including me, who he feels are fair game for his "ridicule"-NOTE: he did not say that he intended to ridicule our POSTS, he named US five as fair game as individuals. Thats the way he has behaved since well before I showed up at this forum. I try very hard to respect other posters here as long as they respect me, and if Breidey ever decided to respect me (he won't) I would treat him in a similar manner. Bill, Geo, ADG, and Softy do not go after other posters like Breidey does, to their credit. Yes, they sometimes (or maybe frequently) post drivel, but thats easy enough to gloss over. What I find much more offensive is the personal crap perpetrated by some posters in response to a post. Feel free to disagree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm going to write a comment about why the Red Sox are going to be about 5 or 6 games higher wins in 2013, than the 91 wins bubble playoff title pretender team I projected and the 89 wins team you projected.

Feel free to disagree, Joe;)

I don't remember your 91-win projection.  I do remember this-

With a $150 million payroll they are on par with the angels,tigers,jays and rangers salary wise but nowhere near those teams talant wise.This is just a sad situation they managed to wiggle themselves into.

Short, sweet and correct.

So your projection was that we were nowhere near the Angels, Tigers, Jays, and Rangers talent-wise, but still were going to win 91?  I guess that implies that you expected those four teams to win ~100?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

You see, there is a very large difference between writing a negative post on a baseball player and writing one intending to ridicule another poster.

I generally ridicule the opinion, and not the poster.  How often has Bill posted something negative about papi?  Why should people have to put up with that cra p?  Bill has probably started 20-30 Papi threads this year.  And he isn't complainging about a bad year, he complaining every time Papi has 3 bad games.  Who the heck wants to read that.

Or how many threads has Softy started about Wakefield over the past 2 years?  2 years in which he's been retired.  Maybe I just have a lower threshold to tedium than others.

And this is a RS site.  If NYY fan comes in here every week starting a thread about how bad Papi is, then I will feel free to insult him right back.  That Bill says he is a RS doesn't give him any special rights to insult RS players having good years.

In any case, if Bill and Softy don't want to be insulted, they can start off by not insulting others.  I have fairly stricts standards on that.  If you politely state your opinion, I will politely refute it.  

If someone wants to be insulting, like calling the 2007 Red Sox the Greatest Chokers in History, then you better expect to it returned in the same manner.  When someone refers to Reddick as dog po op, refers to Pedroia as Loser Show, refers to Paps as Pimplebum, and then doesn't think he should be insulted in return, then let's just say we have a difference of opinion.

If Bill doesn't want to be insulted, perhaps he can start out by not being insulting.  Do you see a pattern to the people I insult?  You, Bill, Pumspie, ADG, and Geo.  That's about it.  And y'all do the same thing.  Between the 5 of you, I doubt if i have seen virtually any positive posts about the RS-ever.  

First, this is factually incorrect. All of the individuals you named here have positive posts on this forum. I have several myself just today. Second, depsite your assertions to the contrary, this post from you named five individuals (Note: not the posts of these individuals) who you feel free to insult. You specifically stated in this post that its the PEOPLE you go after, not their posts.

I think this forum would be a better place if you and others who think that personal attacks have some valid place here took a long look in the mirror.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He actually identified five posters here, including me, who he feels are fair game for his "ridicule"-NOTE: he did not say that he intended to ridicule our POSTS, he named US five as fair game as individuals.

How about showing me some of the posts where I ridiculed you?  I called you sophmoric and immature for insisting that you were going to continue to annoy everyone on the other site, and for making up nicknames Carpfest, Losershow, the Tinman, Pimplebum, and that just scratches the surface.

And i said you lack BB knowledge.  That's not ridicule.  That's just acknowlegement of the facts.  I've also said you seem like a nice guy, outside the forum, and you were very bringht, outside the forum.

And I've said the same thing about Softlaw's BB knowledge.  When he doesn't get obsessed with Ellsbury, Drew, Wakefield and Varitek, he can be quite insightful.

So I am mentioned both your attributes and your shortfalls.  Maybe you might consider I might be right on both the good and the bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

JB, 

Why don't  you just do the obvious which is to put Bill on ignore and or like I do, just ignore his silliness or just respond to his rare post that actually brings up a good point. If no one would bother to answer Bill806 by either just ignoring him or using the Ignore option provided by the folks here at BDC he probably wouldn't bother posting any longer. Just my suggestion. It is obvious that folks like Softy, Idiots2004, etc get off on providing fodder for us to jab back at them over. 

We've been through this with Bill806 so many times, his clown act is not getting old, it is ancient history. He might be a veteran, possibly a war hero, whatever, I'm putting him on permanant ignore never to read his foolishness again.   

Hetch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

You show massive disrespect to the President.  And "Liberal moonbats".  And David Ortiz. And Mexicans, and many more.  And your incessant, repetitive posts are very disrespecful to other posters here. And following your "Jenny Dell" series of posts you certainly are never going to babysit for my daughters.

I'm certain you won't be able to understand this, but how can you claim the right to espouse opinions here but others can't?  You can criticise Ortiz several times a day with your ridiculous, unsupported opinions but other board members can't criticise you for those ridicuous, unsupported opinions?

BTW, you still haven't responded to roy's absolute devastation of your opinion that Ortiz can't hit good pitching.  Have you no shame?  Can't you either give examples of why you think you are right, or be a man and admit you were wrong?

"Can't" is exactly the issue, isn't it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He actually identified five posters here, including me, who he feels are fair game for his "ridicule"-NOTE: he did not say that he intended to ridicule our POSTS, he named US five as fair game as individuals. 

And FWIW, take a look at all the posts on this thread.  There are probably 20 or so posts with varying degrees of insults pointed at Bill.  None of them mine.  This is not 'Joe has a problem with Bill'.  This is 'most people have a problem with Bill'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Bill, 

You just don't get it. What is the point about posting Papi went 0-4. Why don't you post when Pedey, JBJ, Gomes or others go 0-4. It is obvious you do not like Papi and have it out for one player. I for one am tired of your act. You always promise to reform which you do but always go back to your former ways. I for one am putting you on Ignore never to read your idiocy any longer. 

GOODBYE, HETCH

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Bill, 

You just don't get it. What is the point about posting Papi went 0-4. Why don't you post when Pedey, JBJ, Gomes or others go 0-4. It is obvious you do not like Papi and have it out for one player. I for one am tired of your act. You always promise to reform which you do but always go back to your former ways. I for one am putting you on Ignore never to read your idiocy any longer. 

GOODBYE, HETCH

Pedroia had 11 o-fer games in the month of July.  Bill didn't say a word.

You're right, Bill is the type that just keeps picking on his favorite whipping boy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

JB, 

Why don't  you just do the obvious which is to put Bill on ignore and or like I do, just ignore his silliness or just respond to his rare post that actually brings up a good point. If no one would bother to answer Bill806 by either just ignoring him or using the Ignore option provided by the folks here at BDC he probably wouldn't bother posting any longer. Just my suggestion. It is obvious that folks like Softy, Idiots2004, etc get off on providing fodder for us to jab back at them over. 

We've been through this with Bill806 so many times, his clown act is not getting old, it is ancient history. He might be a veteran, possibly a war hero, whatever, I'm putting him on permanant ignore never to read his foolishness again.   

Hetch

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Why should nasty people like Bill, Softy and 67redsox be allowed to spew their evil bile without any pushback?  Anti-Mexican, anti-gay....notice Bill's "38 going on 42" comments about Ortiz?  All Dominicans are liars, in his bigoted mind.

Don't ignore them, that's tacit approval IMO, push back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

JB, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

You are, of course, correct.  The problem with Bill is he insists on starting so many threads.  It's a lot tougher to ignore someone when he starts a thread criticizing Papi because he went 0-3.

Softy is a 50/50 proposition.  I put him on ignore when he gets into his obsession phase, but other times can be a good read.  He does know BB, but it can be difficult to shift through all the posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

How about showing me some of the posts where I ridiculed you?  I called you sophmoric and immature for insisting that you were going to continue to annoy everyone on the other site, and for making up nicknames Carpfest, Losershow, the Tinman, Pimplebum, and that just scratches the surface.

And i said you lack BB knowledge.  That's not ridicule.  That's just acknowlegement of the facts.  I've also said you seem like a nice guy, outside the forum, and you were very bringht, outside the forum.

And I've said the same thing about Softlaw's BB knowledge.  When he doesn't get obsessed with Ellsbury, Drew, Wakefield and Varitek, he can be quite insightful.

So I am mentioned both your attributes and your shortfalls.  Maybe you might consider I might be right on both the good and the bad.

You know what: I think its time for me to return to baseball comments. I said my piece, and I am not taking back a word of it. I do not need to defend myself to you in terms of your perception of how well I understand baseball, and I won't. The Patriots are on in 15 minutes.

Have a nice day.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

JB, 

Hetch

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Why should nasty people like Bill, Softy and 67redsox be allowed to spew their evil bile without any pushback?  Anti-Mexican, anti-gay....notice Bill's "38 going on 42" comments about Ortiz?  All Dominicans are liars, in his bigoted mind.

Hey Sonics, 

I'll disagree in only one respect. I've never known bill to be nasty, comedic, laughable yes but not nasty unless you can find a post of his to convince me. I'm not sure if I'd call Bill anti-Diminican either but again if you can provide proof I'm open. Just like why did Softy and one or two other trolls hate Ells. Wish I had an answer. Ignoring them is not approval, it is saying I don't want to read foolishness and I have better things to do with my time. If you see this as appproval in any form you're of course entitled to your point of view.

To post in response to someone who for whatever reason cannot be swayed by stats, common sense arguments, who one can sense just posts to see themselves in print to the ire of others makes little sense to me. I've little time in my life to bang my head against a brick wall. You of course are free to choose as you wish.

Best regards, Hetch  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

JB, 

Hetch

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Hey Sonics, 

I'll disagree in only one respect. I've never known bill to be nasty, comedic, laughable yes but not nasty unless you can find a post of his to convince me. I'm not sure if I'd call Bill anti-Diminican either but again if you can provide proof I'm open. Just like why did Softy and one or two other trolls hate Ells. Wish I had an answer. Ignoring them is not approval, it is saying I don't want to read foolishness and I have better things to do with my time. If you see this as appproval in any form you're of course entitled to your point of view.

To post in response to someone who for whatever reason cannot be swayed by stats, common sense arguments, who one can sense just posts to see themselves in print to the ire of others makes little sense to me. I've little time in my life to bang my head against a brick wall. You of course are free to choose as you wish.

Best regards, Hetch  

Hetch,

I did perhaps overly tar Bill with the Softy/69 brush.  But I have seen some a few pretty bad comments about /Mexico/Mexicans from Bill, and the assumption that Ortiz is lying about his age isn't exactly enlightened either.  But you're point is well taken.  Thanks and sorry.