Has anyone seen "BIG PAPI" of late ?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Has anyone seen

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

By that Logic I can bash Pedro Martinez 1999 campaign.  Did you know he gave up 9 runs in one game??? then couln't go more than 5 innings for the next 4 games! I mean....he only won the Cy Young that year but who cares right? If I can Cherry pick a few games a guy is obviously garbage. 

tough comparison where pitchers don't play every day.  It isn't logically to compare a pitcher to an every day player.  Ortiz is having a good year and I think you are missing the point of being consistent. For the duration of the regular season he can hit every game or every third game and it does not matter.  But come the playoffs if he hits every third game like he just did with tampa or as he did against detroit the last series, the sox could be in trouble.  Especially with a shortened pitching rotation Ortiz is going to have to come thru every game if the sox are going to advance.

Just an obersvation

The point is you can Cherry pick stats and make anyone look like a bad player, would you prefer that I go looking through the game logs and find a 3-4 game stretch where Babe Ruth didn't get a hit or drive in a run and struck out a bunch of times? because I'd bet you there are a ton of them.  Or at least a couple. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Name any player in the MLB and I'll give you a week where they laid an egg.  Pitcher or hitter, doesnt matter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

BigPapiforever obv. jackbu

Bozo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Bill is obviously into being mocked and ridiculed.

And some poster here are into mocking and riducling him. Which is worse?

+100000

Many posters have been driven off this Red Sox forum...even I rarely visit or post here anymore.  Not because of people like Bill..but because of a small clique of posters who seem to get off on ridiculing others. They leap on Bill's every post with insults, etc.

Here's a thought to all the board know it alls and the self appointed board police... If you don't like someone's thread or someone's comment just pass it by. Is it really so difficult? It only takes a minimum of self control. Everyone should have a right to express their opinion on this discussion board. You should all be ashamed of the number of deleted comments and accounts. The moderators only delete comments that have beenflagged..so some of you who are denying flagging.are lying through your teeth.

This forum reads more like an episode of "mean girls" than it does a Red Sox forum. The way a certain clique of posters treats 67RedSox is unacceptable. Just because one is a female doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable about and enjoy sports. In fact..she seems to know more about the Sox than most of the "men" posting in this forum.

Thankfully...in the world of Red Sox chats..there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Bozo

I doubt that very much. Jack would never say a nice word about Ortiz.

Is that you Conan..? I wondered where you went.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Aaaaand papi rips another double. That was a beautiful peace of hitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

On second thought keep these going.

You get schooled each time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

+100000

Many posters have been driven off this Red Sox forum...even I rarely visit or post here anymore.  Not because of people like Bill..but because of a small clique of posters who seem to get off on ridiculing others. They leap on Bill's every post with insults, etc.

Here's a thought to all the board know it alls and the self appointed board police... If you don't like someone's thread or someone's comment just pass it by. Is it really so difficult? It only takes a minimum of self control. Everyone should have a right to express their opinion on this discussion board. You should all be ashamed of the number of deleted comments and accounts. The moderators only delete comments that have beenflagged..so some of you who are denying flagging.are lying through your teeth.

This forum reads more like an episode of "mean girls" than it does a Red Sox forum. The way a certain clique of posters treats 67RedSox is unacceptable. Just because one is a female doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable about and enjoy sports. In fact..she seems to know more about the Sox than most of the "men" posting in this forum.

Thankfully...in the world of Red Sox chats..there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Mean girls, LOL, good one!!!

I agree that there is a group who love to attack bill just because they like to attack.  It reminds me of my grade school days.  A pack of kids will pick out a victim and attack that kid over and over.

I know these are grown men but I don't think they have grown up.  I could never understand being mean to another person for enjoyment.

My dad taught me a lot about baseball.  He taught me to love the game and I'm grateful to him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    aw 67! pay no attention to that man behind the curtin. in answer to the ops question. I saw pappi last nite. and he went YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD. lol

[/QUOTE]

I was at fenway a few years ago in the bleacher seats.  As my dad would say, the best seats in the house!

Ortiz hit a walk off and it was very exciting, more than I thought it would be!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Bozo

Admitting you are wrong is the first step

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I agree that there is a group who love to attack bill just because they like to attack.  It reminds me of my grade school days.  A pack of kids will pick out a victim and attack that kid over and over.

I know these are grown men but I don't think they have grown up.  I could never understand being mean to another person for enjoyment.

My dad taught me a lot about baseball.  He taught me to love the game and I'm grateful to him.

Ridiculous.  He was liked years ago....when the Globe forced him to stop the bold caps writing he needed for his eyesight everyone leaped to his defense.

Since then he's been antisocial, abusive and boring.  That is the only reason why he takes the well-deserved abuse heaped on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

Bozo

Admitting you are wrong is the first step

Making a lasting change in your behavior is a good second step.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

It seems without Bill, this would be a very quiet forum.

B I N G O  !!!  Thats why I am on B D C's  payroll !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to 17Again's comment:

[QUOTE]

It seems without Bill, this would be a very quiet forum.

B I N G O  !!!  Thats why I am on B D C's  payroll !!!

[/QUOTE]

And that's why Globes sales are down. Bozo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's not encumbent on me to be tolerant of people that are too lazy to look stats up.  I don't need to be nice to people that aren't nice to others.

I like to say this once in a while.  The internet is the ultimate form of self-expression  Unless otherwise stated, no one knows if you're a man or female, athletic or a couch potato, young or old, black or white.  All you are in this forum is your opinion.  If someone is getting ridiculed all the time, they need to start looking in the mirror.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

It's not encumbent on me to be tolerant of people that are too lazy to look stats up.  I don't need to be nice to people that aren't nice to others.

You are one of the arrogant bullies on this forum. The beauty of the internet is that opinions about who needs to look in the mirror don't result in censorship. Bill has opinions and insights that are for the readers to decide, not you.

Ridicule:  Words or actions intended to evoke contemptuous laughter at or feelings toward a person or thing: 

Joe, I'm not going to pontificate about how you need to look in the mirror. However, I'm delighted to let you know that Bill and any other poster doesn't need to worry about being less informed than you. 

And Joe, I never read a word you write unless you are busy ridiculing me or Bill or any other poster. I won't use the S*F*, since this is a written forum, but it's quite clear that you believe your perceptions are reality. 

Folks, simply read the words of a regular poster who proclaims that ridicule is appropriate for posters. 

100 posts in about a week.......do you ever leave your parents basement?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I don't live with my paretns, but my basement is about 10,000 square feet. 

Do you ever leave the prison library?

10,000 square feet? And all this time I thought h e l l was much bigger than that......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You are one of the arrogant bullies on this forum. The beauty of the internet is that opinions about who needs to look in the mirror don't result in censorship. Bill has opinions and insights that are for the readers to decide, not you.

Have I ever told anyone not to read your posts?  Or Bill's?  I speak only for myself, and allow everyone else to do the dame.

Ridicule:  Words or actions intended to evoke contemptuous laughter at or feelings toward a person or thing: 

Joe, I'm not going to pontificate about how you need to look in the mirror. However, I'm delighted to let you know that Bill and any other poster doesn't need to worry about being less informed than you. 

And Joe, I never read a word you write unless you are busy ridiculing me or Bill or any other poster. I won't use the S*F*, since this is a written forum, but it's quite clear that you believe your perceptions are reality. 

Folks, simply read the words of a regular poster who proclaims that ridicule is appropriate for posters.

People bring on their own ridicule.  If I see someone pop in, and innocently ask if we should trade Salty for Trout, I don't bother with it.  It hasn't earned ridicule.  If someone starts a new thread every week insulting Papi, in a RS forum, then I feel justified in insulting them right back.

If Bill doesn't want to be insulted, perhaps he can start out by not being insulting.  Do you see a pattern to the people I insult?  You, Bill, Pumspie, ADG, and Geo.  That's about it.  And y'all do the same thing.  Between the 5 of you, I doubt if i have seen virtually any positive posts about the RS-ever.  

You bashed every single signing.  And you were wrong.  If you don't think I am going to remind you about it, then hire yourself a civils rights lawyer to protect you from me hurting your feelings.  Maybe where you come from, you hug it out.  Where I come from, you can be wrong, and that's okay.  But if you are arrogant and insulting, and then you are wrong, you will get it returned just as you dished it out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Have I ever told anyone not to read your posts?  Or Bill's?  I speak only for myself, and allow everyone else to do the dame.

People bring on their own ridicule.  If I see someone pop in, and innocently ask if we should trade Salty for Trout, I don't bother with it.  It hasn't earned ridicule.  If someone starts a new thread every week insulting Papi, in a RS forum, then I feel justified in insulting them right back.

If Bill doesn't want to be insulted, perhaps he can start out by not being insulting.  Do you see a pattern to the people I insult?  You, Bill, Pumspie, ADG, and Geo.  That's about it.  And y'all do the same thing.  Between the 5 of you, I doubt if i have seen virtually any positive posts about the RS-ever.  

You bashed every single signing.  And you were wrong.  If you don't think I am going to remind you about it, then hire yourself a civils rights lawyer to protect you from me hurting your feelings.  Maybe where you come from, you hug it out.  Where I come from, you can be wrong, and that's okay.  But if you are arrogant and insulting, and then you are wrong, you will get it returned just as you dished it out.

I rarely agree with Softy. However, I give each of his posts individual attention and judge each one on its merits. I do not disregard a post simply because of who wrote it-not even your posts are disregarded. However, I do assume that any post written by you will be arrogant, based on your history.
    You see, there is a very large difference between writing a negative post on a baseball player and writing one intending to ridicule another poster. Whether you know this or not, baseball players don't read this stuff, and negative posts about their performance has nothing to do with the player as a person. However, ridicule does: the intent is to insult that PERSON. Your assumption that insulting those individuals here that you think you are somehow justified in insulting reflects on your arrogant personality. I think you ought to look in the mirror yourself, not that I expect it to do much good, but its worth a try. You have been like this for as long as I have had the displeasure of affiliating with you; you will not change more than likely, even though change is sorely needed. You are a legend in your own mind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Thought we were sticking to baseball?