Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?

In Response to Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]I know it's a hard time to notice anything good, especially for you guys that never notice anything good, and gawd are you back in spades right now. Anyone noticed Super Scutaro? I say that because he has been lathered in hate and stupid remarks this season about how bad he is.  He was killing the ball in Toronto, had been hot before that ... and I haven't checked the box score the last two games - a sign of being a real bad fan, but we have been a bit swamped here, LITERALLY (2/3's of town is under water or has been) - but last I checked this terrible player was almost at .300. Bum. I know, I know, the Sox hax smelled bad the last few weeks, but it doesn't compare to the issues we have here (I'm a fortunate one -only boiling water.  I boiled all the water for my donuts, that was fun, but nothing like digging out from under two rivers....).  So, I'll let you guys play massacre the Sox instead of supporting them and whine instead of help a hand in spirit.  I know you can't bat or field or pitch ... but you aren't doing your job either, so don't complain.  Your job? I know, I'm fatally flawed here, but your job is to support the team, even when it's down. Try it.     
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Scutaro has played great, I wish Lowrie had the same heart to help our team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

I'm not a big Scutaro fan, but I've been impressed with him the past couple of months. Plus, many of HIS hits come when it counts, unlike some other big-name players on the team, which I won't name.
    It's funny because just when I started noticing his all-around good play, our great manager pulled him out of the line up and put in Dead Lowrie in his place. What else is new?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bashing Tito certainly isn't "new" either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

scutaro was hurt all last year but it wasnt the kind of injury that needed weeks to heal...he just grinded it out, delaying the healing because he wanted to be in there...you have to respect that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

He's hitting the ball really well but range and arm strenth are still issues. I'd play him at 3rd with Youk looking hurt and giving us nothing, and play Iglesias at SS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro? : Sometimes, if able, it needs to be done..Most players play hurt anyway..They only stop when it gets too bad...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Not sure I'd go that far but I would say many players play hurt. Scutaro's a gamer...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He was ice cold against Tampa but he seems to light up Toronto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?:
    [QUOTE]Did it ever come out that Scutaro kept the injury to himself or was it the way that you say it was?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Yes. It came out in the early part of the season last year. He was dealing with nerve issues in his neck. It affected his throwing. The longer he played with it, the more compounded the problem got, and it eventually affected his hitting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I noticed Scutaro when he was on an 8-for-11 hot streak. I don't think his own manager noticed he was in no need of taking a day off at that point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Scutaro is one of the bright lights.  His performance the last six weeks points to one of the dogged hitters in our line up.  This guy is going to be even better when the games really count you can just tell.  Crawford seems to be going in the other direction. Never have a I seen such a laconic and inexpressive 142 million dollar player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Whether it is being a bit of a counter weight or adding a different kind of kudo for Marco, his defensive game isn't right and it is his throwing arm. If I had to guess just like last year his shoulder is bothering him, it is a pennant race and he is playing through it. To his credit after a slow start he has hit pretty well most of the year, assuming you don't make that determination on 3 to 5 game sample sets.

Good guy, nice to have on your team IMO.

Concord, bagging on Crawford for outward demeanor is hitting the bottom of the barrel when there is so much more viable fruit at the top of it (his stats, his average defense, his reluctance to steal etc). Whether he gets better in future seasons the dude has been a monumental disappointment in 2011. And if he doesn't improve his signing will rival Zito and Soriano for the new millennium worst. But at this point in the year it is like bitchin about the hot dogs at Fenway. They still will be over priced and not so good tomorrow whether you do or don't IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Scutaro's numbers this year are mostly attributed to Ells great year.
    No one wants to face Ells so Marco sees a whole lot of good pitches to hit.Who would you rather face Marco or Ells?                     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts