Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?

I know it's a hard time to notice anything good, especially for you guys that never notice anything good, and gawd are you back in spades right now.

Anyone noticed Super Scutaro?

I say that because he has been lathered in hate and stupid remarks this season about how bad he is. 

He was killing the ball in Toronto, had been hot before that ... and I haven't checked the box score the last two games - a sign of being a real bad fan, but we have been a bit swamped here, LITERALLY (2/3's of town is under water or has been) - but last I checked this terrible player was almost at .300.

Bum.

I know, I know, the Sox hax smelled bad the last few weeks, but it doesn't compare to the issues we have here (I'm a fortunate one -only boiling water.  I boiled all the water for my donuts, that was fun, but nothing like digging out from under two rivers....).  So, I'll let you guys play massacre the Sox instead of supporting them and whine instead of help a hand in spirit.  I know you can't bat or field or pitch ... but you aren't doing your job either, so don't complain. 

Your job?

I know, I'm fatally flawed here, but your job is to support the team, even when it's down.

Try it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?

Yes; I love his play.  He should have been noticed from what he did last year.  He played hurt and with all the injuries at times was the only bat in the line-up.  He's a dirt dog in every sense.  Playing hurt - what a novel concept.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree Yaz..Scoot has been playing both good offensely and defensivly lately..He plays hurt and doesnt complain..For that, he has my respect..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So now I suppose you want to pick up his option at 6 million? He's a great hitter in the rogers Centre but did you notice him last night against an elite team? He failed to cover second when the cutoff guy was looking for him,he went his usual 0-4 with two of the weakest dribblers back to the pitcher i've ever seen. He plays allright d on carpet,unfortunately the sox play on natural grass and dirt. At any rate you can have him he's a career utility player just like his manager.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Scutaro has been crushing the ball.  He also seems to be a class act (unlike Manny). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro?:
    So now I suppose you want to pick up his option at 6 million? He's a great hitter in the rogers Centre but did you notice him last night against an elite team? He failed to cover second when the cutoff guy was looking for him,he went his usual 0-4 with two of the weakest dribblers back to the pitcher i've ever seen. He plays allright d on carpet,unfortunately the sox play on natural grass and dirt. At any rate you can have him he's a career utility player just like his manager.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Scutaro has a .735 OPS this year. Here is how he has done vs the "elite" teams:

Yanks  .824
    Rays    .524
    LAA     .883
    Tex     .438

Teams with winning %: .822/ losing .619.

You guys that expect great games every one game sample size need to wake up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1.125 OPS the last 29 PAs.
      .947 OPS the last 47 PAs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

sportsbozo -- what an appropriate name for that clown.

And too add to Moon's post, Scutaro has a .281 BA and .745 OPS at home and a .287 BA and .727 OPS on the road. Not a signicant difference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i really love the way he plays..last year he played the entire year with one arm...dont understand people who hate on him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Naming himself Sportsbozo was a stroke of genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

i really love the way he plays..last year he played the entire year with one arm...dont understand people who hate on him
    Posted by georom4

And his production tanked in August as he was played into the ground. The only thing dumber than advocating players playing hurt is a management that allows it to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

"I haven't been 100% since I was 13 years old." -- Curt Schilling

Baseball is 162 games for a reason. SS is not an offensive position. Until a player becomes ineffective on both sides of the ball without more than a day off, you don't do the de jure or de facto DL just because he hits a dog days wall. Scutaro was Theo's hedge at SS, for train wreck defender Lowrie, which should let anyone know that Theo is a bean counter who knows about as much about baseball as the loser tenured professor Wards of the State that shared the ivory tower of idiocy.

Fact is that Scutaro was never a SS, but had a career year and Theo signed him as a hedge for a failed pipe dream in Lowrie.

That said, Scutaro is a true baseball player 2B/UIF who needs a day off but does not need Theo's diapers approach to playing the game. A day off after an off day is all Scutaro needed last year. It was an excuse to play Lowrie, who is such an anxiety nut case that he needs half a season off just to play a month or two. Surgery and/or rehab is for the off season unless a starter player is ineffective, in case of Ss, on both sides of the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro? : And his production tanked in August as he was played into the ground. The only thing dumber than advocating players playing hurt is a management that allows it to happen.
    Posted by harness

Sometimes, if able, it needs to be done..Most players play hurt anyway..They only stop when it gets too bad...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

In fact, most players don't play with even the most minor of athletic injury discomfort.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro? : Sometimes, if able, it needs to be done..Most players play hurt anyway..They only stop when it gets too bad...
    Posted by southpaw777

What they did to Scut last year was criminal. Given all the injuries and his declining production, there was no excuse to continue punishing him and the team.
    Scut had a career high 695 PA's in a lost year.

Hurt players aren't gonna perform at normal levels. Unless it's an absolute emergency, continuing to play them is self-defeating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Did it ever come out that Scutaro kept the injury to himself or was it the way that you say it was?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Taken the TIme To Notice Scutaro? : What they did to Scut last year was criminal. Given all the injuries and his declining production, there was no excuse to continue punishing him and the team. Scut had a career high 695 PA's in a lost year. Hurt players aren't gonna perform at normal levels. Unless it's an absolute emergency, continuing to play them is self-defeating.
    Posted by harness

I agree..but with all the injuries last year to key players, I appreciate Scoots toughness to grin and bare it for as long as he did..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

What is so funny is that every year  we get to hear complaints about the Red Sox shortstop and the wait till next year, In 2005 it was Renteria, In 2006, Alex Gonzalez was the answer only until Theo could sign the apple of his eye (for a time) Julio Lugo. Lugo was such a mistake that he was paid to disappear, Back to AGon again, while the Red Sox fans and Front Office lusted after Scutaro, expecting a journey man Shortstop to suddenly transform himself into something he never was or could be, a top tier Shortstop. And all of this happening while some fans and media, perpetuates the myth that the Red Sox were going to re-acquire Hanley Ramirez.  Its all so pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Major PROPS to Scutaro!!!   After a brutal April, he has really come through! 

Full disclosure.....  I completely jumped on the Lowrie bandwagon, & was fed up with Scutaro.  This guy has absolutely stepped up when the team really needs a spark.  Awesome September so far!  Keep it up Scut!!!   :) 

SplitsAVGGABRH2B3BHRRBISBCSTBBKGDPOBPSLG
    Pre-All Star.259511702244604151016167.326.365
    Post-All Star.3154616823531212313216174.369.435
    April.1891853310200600732.283.226
    May.40051516001200111.438.600
    June.31918691222401510463.365.420
    July.2562590152320372112143.340.378
    August.280217510216101311462.313.387
    September.41710364154011300430.463.611

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The $6 million option is exorbitant for what Scutaro provides, however he's an adequate bat, satisfactory fielder, and excellent competitor on a team of questionable effort and durability. Iglesias isn't ready to be an everyday majorleague shortstop and Scutaro is as good or better as any of the available free agent stopgap solutions. I would decline the option and attempt to re-sign him to a 1 year/$3 million deal. If he can do better elsewhere, then I'd thank him for his tenure in Boston and let Mike Aviles start at shortstop for a year. His offensive numbers are reasonable when given a full slate of at-bats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Any objective observer would have to love the way Scutaro has played this year.....his defense while not spectacular has been solid and offensively, while he isnt going to challenge foe a Batting title or hit 20 hrs has been more than acceptable. He is one of those guys who never gives away and AB, as demonstrated by the fact that he is hitting .318 with two outs.....definitely a dirt dog and with the right contract for both sides, I would welcome him back next year on this team as a some time starter and role player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The $6 million option is exorbitant for what Scutaro provides, however he's an adequate bat, satisfactory fielder, and excellent competitor on a team of questionable effort and durability. Iglesias isn't ready to be an everyday majorleague shortstop and Scutaro is as good or better as any of the available free agent stopgap solutions. I would decline the option and attempt to re-sign him to a 1 year/$3 million deal. If he can do better elsewhere, then I'd thank him for his tenure in Boston and let Mike Aviles start at shortstop for a year. His offensive numbers are reasonable when given a full slate of at-bats.
    Posted by davidap

Since there's a $1.5M buyout, the differential of keeping him or letting him go is $4.5M.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The way this team is slumping, I'd move Scutty back to the 2 slot.

Sections
Shortcuts