Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?

I think McDonald deserves some credit here for stepping it up when his job has clearly been in jeopardy.  If you asked me two weeks ago, I would have said that he would be the odd man out and that Drew would end up as the 4th or 5th OF'er.  Drew is just getting worse and worse by the day and McDonald is showing some signs of turning things around a bit. 

This team still needs another proven OF'er.  Reddick still has alot to prove and Drew and McDonald just don't provide enough.

At the end of the day though I strongly believe that Drew is on his way out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?

Ive defended Drew on here a few times, but the end is in sight for him IMO..He's lost his bat, and over his last few games its obvious hes lost the defense too..Sorry, but Drew should be the one DFA'd IMO..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Re: Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?

Either DMAC or Reddick , will either be DFA or sent down to Pawtucket. reddick has options left and he is Lefthanded, so I rekon he goes down. DMac has been showing signs of form lately, he is good defencively, he is cheap, he is a team player. He gets the nod.
    JD useless is going to retire a Red Sox, actually he already has retired but everyone but the Kosher Butcher from Brookline, realises this fact. Let's face it , the Butcher signed JD. and he will give him every opportunity to prove his judgement right up to October. JD is what 35, he looks 45 , this guy ages faster than American Presidents. He plays worse. But he is the Butcher's man , so he Crawford and Lackey will stay until their contracts expire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

aussie;
    Dont be surprised if JD is the one..Tito is giving him more playing time lately to see if hes got that 1 streak left in him..I dont think he does. He looks out of sorts on O and D...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?:
    [QUOTE]aussie; Dont be surprised if JD is the one..Tito is giving him more playing time lately to see if hes got that 1 streak left in him..I dont think he does. He looks out of sorts on O and D...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

3-1 your wrong, your not wrong but JD stays. He doesn't deserve to, but the Kosher Butcher's reputation is there yet again, so he stays. Hoping JD will throw somebody out at the plate, in a crucial game. get a big hit LOL. He is like the Fuller Brush Man of days past. JD laughs all the way to the bank.

The Ortiz incident with Gregg. Even MLB players are offended by the money that the Red Sox throw at mediocre players. Crawford, Lackey, Cameron. Just the latest, in a long list. Animosity reigns, the Sox may win, and hopefully they will. Not because of the outrageous money they paid Lackey, Crawford and AGON. They will succeed because of their home grown players. Pedroia, Ellsbury, Youk Big Papi ( not home grown) but signed off the scrap heap, Lester, Paps, Buchholz, and others.

The Red Sox payroll will be the highest in the Majors, when Pedroia, Youk, Lester and Buchholz contracts mature. Frankly it's not the Red Sox way, oh it is now since the Kosher Butcher took the reigns. Lets bankrupt a few teams and see who the Sox and the YANKEES  have to compete with. That would be ah ah nobody. The competition dies next fan interest, then baseball.

They need to show a little class, sign young players , develop them . Bring them up, show some brilliance, Red Sox fan's love home grown players.If you sign veteran players for lots of bucks and they don't pan out, you should be penalised, for the sake of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Re: Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Drew officially passed McDonald as the guy that's more likely to be released/DFA? : 3-1 your wrong, your not wrong but JD stays. He doesn't deserve to, but the Kosher Butcher's reputation is there yet again, so he stays. Hoping JD will throw somebody out at the plate, in a crucial game. get a big hit LOL. He is like the Fuller Brush Man of days past. JD laughs all the way to the bank. The Ortiz incident with Gregg. Even MLB players are offended by the money that the Red Sox throw at mediocre players. Crawford, Lackey, Cameron. Just the latest, in a long list. Animosity reigns, the Sox may win, and hopefully they will. Not because of the outrageous money they paid Lackey, Crawford and AGON. They will succeed because of their home grown players. Pedroia, Ellsbury, Youk Big Papi ( not home grown) but signed off the scrap heap, Lester, Paps, Buchholz, and others. The Red Sox payroll will be the highest in the Majors, when Pedroia, Youk, Lester and Buchholz contracts mature. Frankly it's not the Red Sox way, oh it is now since the Kosher Butcher took the reigns. Lets bankrupt a few teams and see who the Sox and the YANKEES  have to compete with. That would be ah ah nobody. The competition dies next fan interest, then baseball. They need to show a little class, sign young players , develop them . Bring them up, show some brilliance, Red Sox fan's love home grown players. I f you sign veteran players for lots of bucks and they don't pan out, you should be penalised, for the sake of the game.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]
    Pedrioa and Youk are both signed to very team friendly deals and Youks contract is up after next season. The Red Sox payroll will never be quite as high as the Yankees. The Yankees still have Sabathia, Tex, Jeter, Arod, Burnett, Rivera, Soriano, Granderson, etc. Until this Yankee core is gone the Yankees will have a higher payroll.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In my mind he has...and I think DMac is a AAAA level player, but JD is done....physically and more important mentally...he just doesnt look into the game....look at the Rays game Sunday night....the players on the bench were enthusiastic with Rally Caps and JD was leaning on the rail looking more like Joe Torre that  starting Right fielder