Has hell frozen over?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Has hell frozen over?

In Response to Has hell frozen over?:
    [QUOTE]It must have, the way Matsuzaka pitched today......
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Dave, in all the rush to completely destroy Matsuzaka by press and fans alike, what has been lost was the fact that, however inconsistent, Dice has great stuff and has, even in his bad years, had stellar outings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

He can throw a great game at times, consistency is what he needs. He was very efficient with his ptiches, that was nice to see.

Three good outings in a row from the starters, very encouraging. Looks like the bats may be coming to life, besides Lowrie and Pedroia carrying the load. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Has hell frozen over?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Has hell frozen over? : Dave, in all the rush to completely destroy Matsuzaka by press and fans alike, what has been lost was the fact that, however inconsistent, Dice has great stuff and has, even in his bad years, had stellar outings.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I still remember his first year with the Sox. Had 18 wins I believe, but he would've had 23 wins if he had a little run support those 5 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Nope. I'm here in SW Florida and it's as hot as ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Dice has had some great stretches during his time here, hopefully this is the beginning of another one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Isn't his what Matsuzaki does?  Gives you exactly what you DON'T expect?

Its maddening because there is always that pause...

Maybe he'll be good.  Maybe he can go on a run.

Then, Whamo another stinker!

Nonetheless, there will remain a degree of drama and entertainment around every Dice-K start!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No hell has not frozen over.  Dice-K has pitched a great game like this before; actually many times before.  The problem with Dice-k (and it's always been this problem) is consistency, he will go out in 5 days and walk 6 guys and give up 6 or 7 runs in 4 or 5 innings.

Kudos to dice-k, I just hope this isn't a one game wonder. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

honestly though if dice K can go out and pitch this good every other start, and walk 20 guys in the others....I'll take it, it's been 4 years...not exaclty time to raise expectations. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

He won a game. The team has won three in a row. Can't we just enjoy this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]He won a game. The team has won three in a row. Can't we just enjoy this?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

5-10. Let's face it, if the Sox were 10-5 we'd still have some complainers out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Too true, but I don't have to be one of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Ha!  me neither.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Look at it this way if they had a major league manager they may be 15-0. 5-10 great job mr francona.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has hell frozen over? : 5-10. Let's face it, if the Sox were 10-5 we'd still have some complainers out there.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has hell frozen over? : I still remember his first year with the Sox. Had 18 wins I believe, but he would've had 23 wins if he had a little run support those 5 games.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

He had 15 wins his first year -- 15-12, 4.40 ERA.
    He was 18-3, 2.93 ERA in his second year. Even though he didn't pitch deep into games much that year, I'd take that performance again in a heartbeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has hell frozen over? : He had 15 wins his first year -- 15-12, 4.40 ERA. He was 18-3, 2.93 ERA in his second year. Even though he didn't pitch deep into games much that year, I'd take that performance again in a heartbeat.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Your right. (It's been a while.) I wanted to come back to correct myself. 07, I thought he should've won 20 games (5 more games), not 08 when he won 18. My bad. I guess I'm a moderate on criticizing any player (asian players includedWink). Recounting the good they've done, while thinking maybe the boos helped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Do you equate "complainers" to anyone who critically looks at the SOX? Dice is "wildly" inconsistent and one solid game does not change that, and if pointing that out is complaining then you don't know the definition of the word. So, let's not get the Cy Young ready untill the guy shows a nice body of work over a month or two. Personally, I'm not convinced at all, yet.

Sections
Shortcuts