Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?

Cameron gone.

Is Josh ready for playing everyday?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?

Once CC comes off the DL, Reddick and Drew will likely platoon with DMAC, with Drew getting most of the PA's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think so.  I say play him until he hits a big slump--against both righties and lefties.  Today he got the one solid hit off of Hamels. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?:
    [QUOTE]I think so.  I say play him until he hits a big slump--against both righties and lefties.  Today he got the one solid hit off of Hamels. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

i hope 'coma's smart enough to do that, but as you can tell by the way i spell his name, he isn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Sure, let's drive him straight to Cooperstown.
    Doe anyone recall his other call ups? Same thing.
    There's a reson he's barely rated in the top 10 Sox prospects.
    Let's calm down, and stop the hysteria over a couple of week's performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Yeah, along with the Ted Cox era, the Sam Horn era, and the Phil Plantier era...did I leave anyone out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

tbrod's holding out for a righty.  Of course, the Sox thought they had that righty in Cameron.  Then they thought McDonald might do the job. 

So far Reddick looks different from previous call-ups.  For one thing, he's more disciplined at the plate. 

One thing is beyond question.  So far this year he has been way better than Drew, Cameron, or McDonald.  It's silly to insist Francona shouldn't play him because of previous call-ups or his average at Pawtucket or whatever. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

He may be ready for regular platoon work or perhaps a bit more, but "eras" are reserved for historical figures like Prince Metternich of the Austrian Empire or at least major impact players that define a team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]He may be ready for regular platoon work or perhaps a bit more, but "eras" are reserved for historical figures like Prince Metternich of the Austrian Empire or at least major impact players that define a team. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Good response...very good...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Off the subject, but I liked Drew's effort on that foul fly down the line--great try, almost got it, but also didn't get injured.  And the clean single.  I'm all for Reddick, but more than that I'm for the Sox and for whoever can help.  If Drew is about to catch fire, I'm all for it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Once CC comes off the DL, Reddick and Drew will likely platoon with DMAC, with Drew getting most of the PA's.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I think DMac may be gone before too long.  We need a better safety net against LHP's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

not too sure that drew is ready to 'catch fire' as he has been in the cold shower all year so far.

reddick has more than earned the opportunity to play every day at least until he falls back to reality.  he (no one) is not a .450 hitter, but until he slumps he should play while he is still hot.  he nearly had 3 hits again today, and even with only two hits it was yet another good day at the plate.  he has also not shown signs of weakness in the field at any one of his positions.

reddick has been around long enough now (up and down for 3 years) to be ready to be given a chance.  he has clearly learned some important lessons, and even if he slumps down to ".320"  he still will be a big step ahead of all the other RFs that have been playing all year.

lots of teams have young outfielders in their lineups.  lou clinton was such an outfielder for the sox in the early 60s who had a phenominal second half of one season as i recall.  perhaps reddick can be this year's lou clinton?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

Josh was hitting in the low 220s at AAA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Josh was hitting in the low 220s at AAA
    Posted by nickarcese[/QUOTE]

Anomaly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

nickarcese, AAA means nothing in relation to batting.  check his number now compared to current playing time before you judging his past ability to today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

If you call the next month or so an era. I like Reddick and Kalish but the Sox will likely search for a right handed who can hit both left and right handed pitchers.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, along with the Ted Cox era, the Sam Horn era, and the Phil Plantier era...did I leave anyone out?
    Posted by Gready[/QUOTE]Daniel Nava.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

It wasn't an anomoly that Reddick was lousy at AAA. He was LAST YEAR, too.
    One full season of stink at Pawtucket.
    Ryan Kalish is clearly the better of the two, and he's hit solidly at every level.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

What the hell does it matter what Josh did in AAA?  So, what he has doen while up here in the BIGS doesn't count becasue of what he did down THERE.

Ok ... great logic ... 

C'mon ... enough is enough, we won today. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Anyone but "Caught Looking" JD or Mac.....please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I would think that DMAC is gone when Crawford comes back, at which time I expect Reddick and Drew to platoon in right.  That's given the current options within the system.  Wow, for all the negative Drew talk, you have to admit, he sure looks good compared to DMAC and Cameron.  Him platooning with Reddick wouldn't be TOO bad with Crawford back in the lineup.  As for Reddick's average at AAA, does anyone know if he was playing every day?  I suspect he was, given that he made it to the majors.  If so, maybe that's why he's platooning despite his numbers with Boston.  It could be the explanation for why his numbers are not an anomoly at either level.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

tbrod........You can't tell the difference between a good outfielder and a good outhouse. Get over Kalish. He's not a fit for RF. He wears his glove on the wrong hand for openers. He's not as fast as Reddick and has difficulty making plays at the limits of his defensive range. Reddick has a stronger arm and more range. Your boy Kalish played in 50+ games last year. He didn't look that good in CF. When CC went down this year Kalish should have been the sub, not Cam or DMac. These two guys are right handed throwers. Kalish throws with his left hand, just like CC. You probably don't think it's a big deal, which hand he throws with, but in baseball it's a very big deal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

found this from brian macpherson on twitter:
    "Red's been actually really swinging the bat well," Francona said. "He's been playing against lefties in Triple-A. In a small sample size, he's gotten hits against lefties here. . . ."
    so he hit against both in AAA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

check this out, also from brian macpherson:

Reddick started in left field on Thursday against Phillies lefty Cole Hamels -- his first start of the season against a lefthanded starter -- and singled, tripled and scored a run. He's hitting .444 with a .476 on-base percentage and .722 slugging percentage this season, and he has five extra-base hits in 27 plate appearances since his most recent call-up.

"Today was a big step for me in showing those guys that I can actually hit the lefty starters and not just the lefty relievers," he said. "I feel like I'm proving to myself that I belong here, no matter if it's a lefty or righty throwing."

When Reddick came up against Hamels in the second inning, he took a cutter outside and then singled up the middle on a cutter that got just a little bit of the outside corner.

"Hitting against righties, I feel like I've always been really good," he said. "I took (Hamels) up the middle, and, being the pitcher he's been over the years, it's a big accomplishment because he's been at the top of the league for his whole career."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Yes, Trot Nixon, Jason Variteck, Nomar Garciaparra, Dustin Pedroia, Mo Vaughn, etc, etc . . .
    Ellsbury, Boggs, Youk (loved him in 04, didn't make the WS roster, though) and so on.

[QUOTE]Yeah, along with the Ted Cox era, the Sam Horn era, and the Phil Plantier era...did I leave anyone out?
    Posted by Gready[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts