Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?

In Response to Re: Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?:
    [QUOTE]What the hell does it matter what Josh did in AAA?  So, what he has doen while up here in the BIGS doesn't count becasue of what he did down THERE. Ok ... great logic ...  C'mon ... enough is enough, we won today. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Sure, he's looked great in the bigs recently, but that's based on a limited sample.  Pitchers will make adjustments and so will he.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not predicting failure; nor am I predicting success.  It's just hard to tell right now how he would pan out as an everyday player over the longrun. 

In the meantime, play him while he's hot.  Just be careful about making major transactions assuming he can fill the position or a platoon role over the longterm or even for the remainder of the season and the 2011 postseason. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think the Sox will give the kid a shot, it's not like Drew's tearing it up and DMac is living on borrowed time.

For the naysayers in the group, those that want to tarnish the kid or mock him. There's a reason the kid is still in our system and rated in the top 10 prospects. He (Reddick) is a 5 tool player, that can play all three of position at or near a gold glove standard, he just turned 24 and is still only 1 year older than Kalish (FYI Youk was almost 26 before he got his shot at being an everyday player) He doesn't need to be or play at an Allstar level to help the club. If he hit .270 with a little pop and continues to make the opposing pitcher earn his money, by staying in the zone, he'll be an upgrade over our current group of rightfielders! With little or no drop in defense from rightfield!

Is he the long term answer? I don't know, but I think it's incumbent on the Sox to see if he's ready to be an everyday player at the big league level if for no other reason than to increase his exposure to big league teams that may be interested in aquiring him...Houston? part of a deal to bring Pence to the Sox?...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The Josh Reddick era won't begin until Drew is no longer a factor.
    Then it's on Reddick whether it becomes an era...or a bridge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The best - yet most unlikely - result would be that the not-that-young, not-very-hyped, Reddick is allowed to have hot streaks...and cold streaks...without bandwagon jumpers from either side drawing conclusions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]The Josh Reddick era won't begin until Drew is no longer a factor. Then it's on Reddick whether it becomes an era...or a bridge.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]Drew keeps hitting at a .235 clip with a .330 OBP and no power he may be deemed not a factor sooner than the end of the year. The RS aren't immersing themselves in career stats at this point IMO when they look at the OF. Crawford's DL trip gave them a chance to play more OF in platoon for that period of time and the first shoe dropped. A .657 OPS is not getting it done and longer Reddick stays hot the more likely that Drew ends up in same boat Scoot did when Lowrie got hot.

As fans we tend to get ahead of the curve and call for changes sooner than the pros are ready to make them. Sometimes they a very right (Ortiz 09 & 10 - Pedroia 07) but sometimes they play it out longer to be sure (Bellhorn 05 - or making Tek a back-up 09).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Agree Katz. I'm not saying it'll be 2012 before Reddick becomes a serious factor.
    As you said, it's a matter of Drew - and when the decision is made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Reddick hits bullets. His LD is no fluke. He can swing the bat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Only when the Bellsbury era ends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Once CC comes off the DL, Reddick and Drew will likely platoon with DMAC, with Drew getting most of the PA's.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Umm, what?  Reddick and Drew will likely platoon WITH DMAC?  You're joking right?  You say that as if DMAC is the main guy.  How about, DMAC is DFA and Drew gets occassional starts over Reddick?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]The best - yet most unlikely - result would be that the not-that-young, not-very-hyped, Reddick is allowed to have hot streaks...and cold streaks...without bandwagon jumpers from either side drawing conclusions.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

24 isnt that young? The majority of MLB players show up right around that age..It seems that if a kid doesnt make it by 22-23 fans are starting to label them busts..Not saying you, just saying..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Only when the Bellsbury era ends.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

Care to bet on that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Has Josh Reddick Era Begun?:
    [QUOTE]Cameron gone. Is Josh ready for playing everyday? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

He puts a good swing on it.  Very good bat speed and has a good knowlege of the strike zone.  Like many guy coming out of Pawtucket hard to throw a fastball by him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

I don't bet. Care to leave this board if AGon isn't a Padre uniform on opening day?

Reddick in CF, Kemp in RF, sounds really good, doesn't it harness?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In your 50/50 dreams.
    Nothing wrong with window shopping, but don't let it obsess you. Reddick (or possibly Kalish, who was your choice) will be playing along side Jake. Get used to it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

My choice is to trade Ellsbury. My choice is to get a solid young RH OF"er. Get used to it.

I'm pleased Reddick has joined Kalish in making Ellsbury expandable. Get used to it, Harness.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Soooooooo, when can we expect Jake to be traded?
    How long has it been since you first predicted this, Softy?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I always emphasize that Elles is a player that I like, but anyome with a brain knows that when Crawford was signed it sealed the fate of Elles in a  Sox uniform.

The only question is when and how he is moved... there will be NO extension.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wrong again. The Crawford signing allowed the team a speed tandem other GM's dream about. When CRAWBURY clicks, the team is 32-13. Way below .500 otherwise. One part of this tandem without the other is like splitting up the gold-dust twins. It will thrive as long as Jake is here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey I like Elles and I prefer we have both - as ultimately we are stuck with Crawford. It will never happen though... no way.

Over the winter I stated repeatedly that Elles game would be elevated in 2011 by Crawfords presence.  He knows he has to excel because the upgraded version (Crawford) put him on the spot, time to shine.

He is having his best season in part because he knew he could not play like a weakling anymore. 

No bashing here just an observation from the obvious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm don't see how Jake's season is the result of Crawford.
    I'd say it's a normal progression given the framework of his time here.
    But together, they give the team an added offensive dimension that enhances the line-up tremendously. That is one of the reasons CC was sought after.

As for "weakling", what does this refer to? Missed PT? Jake had his ribs busted.
    He was no good to the team playing hurt. Nor was Cam. Nor was Hermida.

Otherwise, he's been sturdy. Players get hurt. Like Crawford now. It's a part of the game. Judge not another's injury until you walk in his shoes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Weakling? You mean like his performance in the '07 PS, when it counts the most?
    I'm a firm believer that the PS separates the men from the boys. A few examples:

Bad PS types - Swisher, Teixiera, ARod (except for '09), Hoffman, Benitez, Nathan

Good PS types - El Duque, J. Morris, Mantle, Ruth (P & H), Gehrig, DiMaggio, Ford, Richardson, Jeter, Rivera, L. Gomez, Snider, Gibson, Koufax, Podres, Burdette, Mathewson, RJax, Lyle, Schilling, Ortiz, Damon, Ellsbury, Beltran

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I guess Ted Williams and Rice belong in the Bad PS types.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Ted Williams and Rice belong in the Bad PS types...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I thought it, but didn't want to post it. TW gets a pass, of course, it was only 1 PS and he's one of the 2 or 3 greatest hitters ever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'd hardly call them boys. Some just don't get ample opportunity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I'd hardly call them boys. Some just don't get ample opportunity.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

OK, that was a little harsh. Here's a good example, however:

Swisher is a great mistake hitter. A good pitch will almost surely get him. But in the PS; there's less mistakes; plus he probably gets nervous & cracks under the different kind of pressure (like Nathan). 

BTW I updated my very incomplete list.

Sections
Shortcuts