HAS LAVARNWAY BEEN BRADYED IN FOR THE BLEDSOED OUT TEK/SALT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HAS LAVARNWAY BEEN BRADYED IN FOR THE BLEDSOED OUT TEK/SALT?

glad to see tito FINALLY choose to do things the lavarnway rather than the hard way! you play the kid and the hot hand. frankly he should be playing reddick as well. as we found out with ells in 2007, sometimes a team just needs a spark. by being young and a bit dumb, its an asset, as one can just play the game without too much thinking. the bottom line though is that this kid is in fact like tom brady when he came in back in 2001, is better than the knocked out or bledsoed incumbent(s). tito can be so gutless and have unsuppported loyalty that the injury provided him with the ultimate out. i can see tek and salt start to sulk behind the scenes when both are perfectly healthy but francona has no choice (by design or default) but to stick with the kid. theo certainly will be taking full credit for that drafting move! if you're youk, thats middlebrooks sometime next year, dont get too comfortable! 

lavarnway threw out 36% of all runners in the minors and with ease gunned out the speedy adam jones trying to steal third last night, something tek certainly cant do anymore. salty has at least 2 pass balls a game and always look stiff behind the plate. he makes catching look very hard! the kid on the other hand is incredibly smooth and makes even the most difficult plays and catches look easy. that throw he made in the ninth to first was simply classic. i do not see tek being quick enough to get there or salt smooth enough to make such an accurate throw from his knees to get the speedy runner at first.

sometimes fate smiles upon us. when it gives us oranges, you make orange juice. the kid was not overwhelmed by the moment.  i believe he will be the difference tonght and in the playoffs esp versus lefties. he can catch wake, and should be in there EVERY game and inning. love tek but he's now been bledsoed. he should not be allowed to get his job back barring injury. 

heck i wont even have tek on the playoff roster. next year, its about how salt can back up and do things the LAVARNWAY!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Re: HAS LAVARNWAY BEEN BRADYED IN FOR THE BLEDSOED OUT TEK/SALT?

Let's not get carried away, give him a chance to compete for the job.

Back in July this board was loaded with "Reddick is a future All-Star".  How'd that turn out.

Lavarnway should start again tonight, and then go from there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't see Varitek and Saltalmacchia as "sulkers."

I don't think Lavarnway is "dumb" , either.

This is not a  question of "finally" doing things a certain way. Saltalmacchia got injured , Varitek does not provide much offense. The kid was brought up earlier to get a taste of MLB, he was given a chance and he did very, very well. Francona would look pretty stupid not using him after such a game as he had last night.

Had he not played well, it would be Varitek staring tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I see one of two things happening next year.  Either 'Tek stays and mentors Lavarnway or 'Tek gets offered a job within the organization and our catching staff becomes Salty and Lavarnway, with the one who has the best ST getting the starting job and the other being the backup.   

Also, I think "dumb" might not be the most accurate description of a guy who went to Yale. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HAS LAVARNWAY BEEN BRADYED IN FOR THE BLEDSOED OUT TEK/SALT?:
    [QUOTE]Let's not get carried away, give him a chance to compete for the job. Back in July this board was loaded with "Reddick is a future All-Star".  How'd that turn out. Lavarnway should start again tonight, and then go from there.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]i still think reddick is a future all-star and should be allowed to keep failing over Just Done Drew. perhaps DUMB is overstating the case with ryan, but i meant dumb in the sense of his lack of experience and baseball IQ at this point. he's just going out there and whacking it and not worrying about the pressure by overthinking everything as i suspect guys like gonzo and crawful are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

At this point you have to go with the hot bat, and that's Lavarnway.  Salty and Varitek have done nothing lately. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Salty has been awful, on both offense and defense; Tek can't hit or throw runners out; put ryan L. in and leave him in as far as we go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: HAS LAVARNWAY BEEN BRADYED IN FOR THE BLEDSOED OUT TEK/SALT?:
    [QUOTE]I see one of two things happening next year.  Either 'Tek stays and mentors Lavarnway or 'Tek gets offered a job within the organization and our catching staff becomes Salty and Lavarnway, with the one who has the best ST getting the starting job and the other being the backup.    Also, I think "dumb" might not be the most accurate description of a guy who went to Yale. 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

I see a third way, though it's a bit unusual.

Sign Tek for a one-year deal, but let him know he's retiring at the ASB.  Tek's been a very good 1st half player.  He's just too old for a full season.  Lavarnaway probably needs more seasoning in AAA as well.

Sections
Shortcuts