Hassan- dark horse !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Hassan- dark horse !

Hassan could be the dark horse come spring training. Looking forward to see if it will be true. Baseball America rank him as one the best strike zone judgement in the circuit.

Position is outfield and bats right

In Pawtucket  last season with 312 at bats his out of 10 ratio was:

3.9 hits out of ten at bats, 1.7 walks out of ten at bats and 2.1 SO's out of ten at bats.. His OBA was .371 or % category 39 % for a hit 21 % chance for SO 17% for a walk or 23% for some other out.

361 career games in the Boston system BA .284 83 DB's, 6T's, 30 HR's, 177RBI's, 180 runs, 196 walks.

So far my to watch at spring training will be Sands, Isglesias, Butler and Hassan and will be interesting to see if kalish will show progress after his injured prone career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Hassan- dark horse !

In response to boborielly224's comment:

Hassan could be the dark horse come spring training. Looking forward to see if it will be true. Baseball America rank him as one the best strike zone judgement in the circuit. Position is outfield and bats right In Pawtucket  last season with 312 at bats his out of 10 ratio was: 3.9 hits out of ten at bats, 1.7 walks out of ten at bats and 2.1 SO's out of ten at bats.. His OBA was .371 361 career games in the Boston system BA .284 83 DB's, 6T's, 30 HR's, 177RBI's, 180 runs, 196 walks. So far my to watch at spring training will be Sands, Isglesias, Butler and Hassan and will be interesting to see if kalish will show progress after his injured prone career.

???

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa502062&position=OF

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=hassan001ale

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hassan could be the dark horse come spring training. Looking forward to see if it will be true. Baseball America rank him as one the best strike zone judgement in the circuit. Position is outfield and bats right In Pawtucket  last season with 312 at bats his out of 10 ratio was: 3.9 hits out of ten at bats, 1.7 walks out of ten at bats and 2.1 SO's out of ten at bats.. His OBA was .371 361 career games in the Boston system BA .284 83 DB's, 6T's, 30 HR's, 177RBI's, 180 runs, 196 walks. So far my to watch at spring training will be Sands, Isglesias, Butler and Hassan and will be interesting to see if kalish will show progress after his injured prone career.

???

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa502062&position=OF

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=hassan001ale

[/QUOTE]

More great pages for me to read about baseball. thanx

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Only the Sox 47th top prospect...if he's a dark horse, he's pitch black!

Did he marry your daughter or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am just getting tired writing and responding to FA talk and trade talk. So figure lets talk about prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am just getting tired writing and responding to FA talk and trade talk. So figure lets talk about prospects.

[/QUOTE]

Hassan has had a very good OBP throughout the minors as well as a great approach and patience at the plate. Nothing else about him stands out though. maybe he will show something more this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Linares is the real dark horse, but he may not even be added to the 40 man this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hassan is a Bill James type of player, gets on base alot. Little to no power though. IMO a possible 4th outfielder down the line. I really believe this is the year that Ryan Kalish finally has that breakout year. Would have been our starting RF @ age 23 if injuries hadn't derailed career. Last year couldn't work out in offseason due to surgeries, and could tell he wasn't in good enough shape. This year after finally making it thru a season w/out getting hurt and having a full offseason to train really believe we'll see a much different player in 2013. Of all RS prospects [Iggy / Bradley / De La Rosa who have a chance to contribute], believe this will be the guy who contributes most in 13, just a feeling I have. Reddick had breakout last yr and RS always had Kalish rated higher. Hopefully this is the yr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Linares is the real dark horse, but he may not even be added to the 40 man this year.

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people seem high on Linares, but at some point you'd think the team has to start using him for something...now that he's healthy, I hope that will happen quickly. There's not much exciting about watching a now-28-year-old beat up on minor league pitching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot of people seem high on Linares, but at some point you'd think the team has to start using him for something...now that he's healthy, I hope that will happen quickly. There's not much exciting about watching a now-28-year-old beat up on minor league pitching.

[/QUOTE]

I think he'd be on the 40 man roster if it meant we'd lose him otherwise. In my opinion, he'd have a good chance at being our 4/5th OF'er if we didn't have to cut someone to make it happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ILinares also caught my attention but he is 28 and something will need to happen... or maybe if need an fill in for trade package.

Sections
Shortcuts