HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Re: HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!

In Response to Re: HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!:
    [QUOTE]  JUST AS I THOUGHT ..... AS DAD WOULD SAY.... "SON, THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD, ARE A LITTLE LIGHT ON CREDIT" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

honest questions:

1. why do you always type in caps
    2. why do you always have to say "as dad would say"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bill; Ive been pretty much just waiting for this to happen because I believed this team had too much talent..they just needed to have some time to gel and become a "team"...its no surprise to this poster..They all deserve credit for turning it around though..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

I agree just glad this wasnt a smoke and mirrors thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I guess if we can thank him for the great run than it really was okay to blame him for the awful start.... thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If your gonna blame him for the start, then yes, it would be appropriate to thank him for the success...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Some of the people around here are sour.............BLAH

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Perhaps they realized that they were going to have to score enough runs to put the game out of the reach of their manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

or perhaps they are just plaing like they should be..has nothing to do with the manager....ok, here it comes...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

plinny, i think 9 or more runs should neutralize TITO'S involvement.
    southpaw winds and he throws----the same old boring nothingness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Players get the lion's share of the credit, as they should. 

But right now John Henry has to be pretty happy with what his guys put together.  Who knows?  Maybe the Sox attendance will pick up.  I noticed on espn one team is averaging 104% home attendance, whereas the Sox are only getting a paltry 101%. 

If the real Boston Red Sox Carl Crawford is anything like the last two days, even I might take in a game at Fenway, which I've done exactly twice in 60 years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfannj. Show redsoxfannj's posts

Maybe they should have worked harder in spring training rather than having spring training in April. This team was not ready when the bell rung.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they should have worked harder in spring training rather than having spring training in April. This team was not ready when the bell rung.
    Posted by redsoxfannj[/QUOTE]

please continue.  this is an interesting take that no one has ever mentioned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sox are finally starting to hit on all cylinders. Sure, the offense won't keep up this torrid pace, but I think we have finally seen how dynamic and potent it is. Most everybody that was struggling is starting to come around. Papi, as I predicted, is have a great season so far with more to come. This is his year. Gonzalez is an amazing hitter and I think he will accumulate some impressive numbers. Our two speed guys are finally both doing damage at the same time. We have three excellent starting pitchers in Lester, Beckett, and Buchholz along with great spot starters in Wakefield and Aceves. Paps is strong again as the closer, and the pen has mixed and matched very well lately with good results from unexpected sources.

It's fun to be able to just heap praise on the team after the horrible start.

As I have said before, the AL East is very competitive. As great as the Sox have been lately, I don't expect them or any other team to run away with it. But I do like their potential to come out on top. The talent is there, it just has to gel like it has lately.

What Theo and especially Tito understand is that it is a long season. You can tinker with things along the way but you have to believe in the team you put on the field. It may not always work out, but making moves out of panic or desperation won't necessarily work out better.

Go Sox!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Tito, doing a great job at guiding his teams through adversity like always.

He is the guy this team needs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Old New England proverb:

"Just praise is a debt that must be paid".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I guess if we can thank him for the great run than it really was okay to blame him for the awful start.... thanks."

You might be surprised to hear this, but I agree with you. The team came out of the gate looking sluggish and unprepared, and yes, I think that falls on Tito and his management team to some extent. Just as Tito and team deserve some credit for this good run now. The players get the bulk of the blame and credit in my view.

I tend to hold off on my verdicts on management till the end of the year when I can see over the hills and valleys better. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

AS DAD SAID..... "SON, CREAM WILL FIND IT'S WAY TO THE TOP" !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ?????

Bill, remember when you asked if 0-2 was too early to start to panic?

Good thing about you, my man, is that you're a solid Sox fan and Can CHANGE to being positive instead of just worrying about the dark clouds.

Good man!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Theo paid $40 million LESS than the Yankees. 

So I'd say he gets some credit. 

-Daf. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Very appropriate thread Bill.  As a Tito supporter (thru-out), it pleases me to see him enjoying the fruits of solid management.  He would be the first to admit that he's not perfect, but I've always felt he's right near the top of the quality manager list.  Nice to not have to see many "comas" floating these pages these days.  Of course they will return, as we're sure to experience down days, as all teams will.  Hats off indeed (even pink ones)

BTW, who is this redsoxfannj, 2nd time poster????   Couldn't be one of our old panickers under a new name , could it?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Very appropriate thread Bill.  As a Tito supporter (thru-out), it pleases me to see him enjoying the fruits of solid management.  He would be the first to admit that he's not perfect, but I've always felt he's right near the top of the quality manager list.  Nice to not have to see many "comas" floating these pages these days.  Of course they will return, as we're sure to experience down days, as all teams will.  Hats off indeed (even pink ones) BTW, who is this redsoxfannj, 2nd time poster????   Couldn't be one of our old panickers under a new name , could it?
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

That's right.  The fire tito threads taking a break is a beautiful thing!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts