HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!

In Response to Re: HATS OFF, SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO... FROM 2 & 10 TO A RUN OF 26 & 12!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Very appropriate thread Bill.  As a Tito supporter (thru-out), it pleases me to see him enjoying the fruits of solid management.  He would be the first to admit that he's not perfect, but I've always felt he's right near the top of the quality manager list.  Nice to not have to see many "comas" floating these pages these days.  Of course they will return, as we're sure to experience down days, as all teams will.  Hats off indeed (even pink ones) BTW, who is this redsoxfannj, 2nd time poster????   Couldn't be one of our old panickers under a new name , could it?
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

sometimes, the best managerial decision is to not overreact. that's something that many on this boards do not understand.

on the other hand, i would not challenge redsoxfannj on the basis of having two posts. we all started on these boards with 1.

that said, redsoxfannnj, what was your basis for thinking that the team did not work their behinds off during spring training? i believe that has been discussed here back in april and nobody could come up with evidence that they did not work as hard or harder than any other team; in fact there were a few posters who put in some proof points that they worked hard.

it may be just other factors. you have players who are new to being in a high-profile high-expectation baseball market. you also have players who have been there, and may be used to the external pressure, but have very high expectations on themselves, coming off injuries. maybe the players were just pressing too hard/ were just too tight.

I don't see those as things that can be addressed until you play real games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Let's not get too excited over this recent run. It's much too early. In every season, there's peaks and valleys. In order of importance, It remains to be seen if:

1.) Josh Beckert...can stay healthy, and in top form;

2.) Jonathan Papelbon...and the Sox bullpen can hold up;

3.) Jerrod Saltamacchia...is a major league catcher. In other words, can he handle a pitching staff, throw an occasional base-stealer out, and bat at least .250;

4.) David Ortiz...can continue being productive. The Sox line-up still looks vunerable to left-handed pitching. But, the ol' towne team should be able to add a fairly decent right-handed bat in either July or August.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

texas...c'mon man. if we should not get excited about this, what should we get excited about during the reg season?

to me this is not so much the about upsurge in the standings. this is about seeing what these individual pieces can bring to the table. i think other teams are getting concerned about playing the red sox. that's like saying the sox is starting to inspire fear among the other teams. if we were on the pats board we would be talking about how awesome this is.

Sections
Shortcuts