HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?

aceves in middle relief is like putting pamela andersen (in her prime) in a convent or a nun's outfit. or paying for implants for a nun. we need to get to the 3rd inning without being 5 runs behind to give the  offense some confidence to play with a lead for a freakin change. aceves is far better than miller or weiland or wake in doing that right now. aceves is a guy you put wherever you have a gaping need. tito is messing up on this no-brainer. let the middle innings take care of itself. go with 4 pitchers if you must to get 2 innings. right now its MOST important to get there. tito g loyalty. his worse quality is also his loyalty to his tactics and refusal to quickly change course as torre so famously did on many occasions! heck let bard pitch the 7th and have a fresh pap go 2 innings or 1+ on occasion as we enter the final stretch!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?

Did you make the minor effort to see if anyone else started a thread on this topic before you did? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?

In Response to Re: HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?:
    [QUOTE]Did you make the minor effort to see if anyone else started a thread on this topic before you did? 
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]YES I DID! NO THREAD HAD BEEN STARTED.. after i typed and posted, i saw her thread! wasnt telepathically connecting!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Edith's thread was posted at 6:12, yours at 6:20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HAVE SAID IT FOR WEEKS, NOW PAPI SAYS "WE SHOULD START ACEVES..PERIOD!" AGREE?:
    [QUOTE]Edith's thread was posted at 6:12, yours at 6:20.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]i started typing at 6:11 and 13 seconds.. took me almost ten minutes to get my thoughts together and work at the same time. i muktitask when i'm on here... any other inquisitions?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

This is a pick your ugly poison. Right now the only starter that can get you through 7 in the game with any degree is probability is Beckett.

That leaves 4 starters that need at least 12 - 15 innings of relief behind them and with bard and Papelbon realistically being able to give 6 or so of those.

Albers, Wheller and Morales make you feel good?

As for Ortiz, he is tool for saying this in the media IMHO. How would he have reacted if his teammates came out last April and said Lowell should have been DHing against LH pitching? Even if he is right, saying it in the media is all kinds of wrong IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALittleBitSouth. Show ALittleBitSouth's posts

Ortiz is exactly correct. Aceves should have been a starter from Day 1. And Wakefield should have been reassigned; Sxx have lost 5 or 6 games just so he could get his 200th.  Very Dump thinking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we gave up masterson because he was expendible as a starter because we had wake...now we shelved aceves during our MASH pitching summer so that we could rehab a young John Smoltz (miller) and accomodate Wake's farewell tour/search for the holy grail...meanwhile our most consistent pitcher all year gets to rot on the bench and only get into games when we are behind (and never come back from)

sickening

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Did you make the minor effort to see if anyone else started a thread on this topic before you did? 
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If you are going to judge in hindsight, then you are missing what really should have been done:

Wake should have started about 15 starts and then been moved to the pen. It's a wonder nobody on this site advocated that...ummm wait a minute, there was one guy who did.

BTW: the team was 11-4 in Wake's first 15 starts and 1-6 afterwards. I don't think Aeceves would ahve done better than 11-4. I doubt Douby from the DL, Weiland if given a longer look, or any other farm hand would have done better either. Miller might have a better record, but he pitched worse than Wake in almost every category... and vs weaker opps.

I doubt Aceves would have been able to start 30 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]If you are going to judge in hindsight, then you are missing what really should have been done: Wake should have started about 15 starts and then been moved to the pen. It's a wonder nobody on this site advocated that...ummm wait a minute, there was one guy who did. BTW: the team was 11-4 in Wake's first 15 starts and 1-6 afterwards. I don't think Aeceves would ahve done better than 11-4. I doubt Douby from the DL, Weiland if given a longer look, or any other farm hand would have done better either. Miller might have a better record, but he pitched worse than Wake in almost every category... and vs weaker opps. I doubt Aceves would have been able to start 30 games.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

moon not a bad suggestion given his typical late season meltdows as age advances...the question is however why didnt the manager see it or at leaST Try to remedy it when it started happening again???? the fault lies with Francona...not a pro athlete who wants to play and help the team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]we gave up masterson because he was expendible as a starter because we had wake...now we shelved aceves during our MASH pitching summer so that we could rehab a young John Smoltz (miller) and accomodate Wake's farewell tour/search for the holy grail...meanwhile our most consistent pitcher all year gets to rot on the bench and only get into games when we are behind (and never come back from) sickening
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]We gave up Masterson because we needed a guy could hit at catcher and play 1st base to get Lowell's hip rest in 2009. Masterson was considered expendable because he couldn't get out LH at all. The Indians were in a position to take a beating with him for about 180 innings doing just that (getting killed by LH) at the MLB level and they saw value in doing that. Hats off to them. And BTW the RS did make the post season, largely because of the Vmart addition. 

It had nothing to do with Wake who was relegated to bench depth with the signing of Lackey. When they made that trade Wake was 40 and facing back surery at the end of the year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't want to see another Weiland start and maybe Wakes is through also, but with the 2 errors a game average it doesn't really matter who's pitching!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Edith's thread was posted at 6:12, yours at 6:20.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]
    What's your point? he could've been typing his while she was posting hers.Happens all the time.