Have to love Youk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Have to love Youk

Most of Drews games are hollow, Youk makes an impact. 

Sorry but I took your post to mean that because they played about the same amount of games that they were of equal value. I read it too fast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Have to love Youk:
    [QUOTE]Wow comparing Youk to Drew is a sad state!  Youk has indeed earned a free pass for any slump or injury he incurrs. You want to compare Youk to Drew fivekatz ? Same for Pedroia, he is entitled to a bad stretch or even a bad season... Drew is no Pedroia, and he certainly is no Mr. Youk.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

What about Ortiz?

If anyone deserves a free pass it's Ortiz. Unlike Pedroia and Youk, he was key for two titles, and what more can you say for what he did in 2004. Yet people have been trying to run him out of town for three years and are giving him all sorts of grief for the back spasms, despite the fact he's around third in the league in OPS and leading the team in OPS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Most of Drews games are hollow, Youk makes an impact.  Sorry but I took your post to mean that because they played about the same amount of games that they were of equal value. I read it too fast.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] No problem. I was more aimed at when we like guys they get a tough as nails label, real or not. Trot Nixon anyone?

The Op was going on about Youk's toughness and the Drew analogy was only intended to show that Youk actually has always missed a fair number of games to injury. I am way past arguing what value Drew gave to Boston from 07 through 10.  and wouldn't argue it was equal to that of Youk at any rate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

[QUOTE]How can the machine, the "beast" be suffering from them then? He said he is a monster just two weeks ago, how debilitating is it? Or are you just generalizing the affect?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Back spasms are HORRIBLE. I have problems with my back and cannot overstate how much pain they can cause. They can keep you from even standing upright. Since they come and go unexpectedly, you can feel like a "beast" one day, and be unable to move the next. i think criticizing Ortiz for sitting a couple games with back spasms is a little silly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I don't remember Youk's '09 riddled in injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

obviously burrito had never had them or he wouldnt be making stupid statements.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember Youk's '09 riddled in injury.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

He only played 136 games in 2009. (Proabably would have been 141 had he not had that five-game suspension in August.)

He was on the DL in May, which is a reason why Lowell had to play so much early in the season. He and Bay were the only ones hitting. Youk ws on the DL and ORtiz had that early slump.

For whatever reason, Youk has never played in 150 games or more in a season. His season-high is 147.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I do think tito pampers some.  If Papi had broken into another coach's live press conference, he would have been benched for days.  As far as playing hurt, it is on a case by case basis.  Obviously sloppy is a wuss, back spasms are not a big deal. Broken ribs are and I never knocked Ellsbury last year.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

You're the same poster who had the cow over Ortiz interrupting Tito's postgame news conference and after you were told that it was staged by Pedroia as a prank you refused to believe it. You were in full attack mode on Papi and wouldn't let it go. Now you are attacking him for having back spasms. Do you have an ulterior motive or a hidden agenda here? Did he refuse to autograph your program?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : You're the same poster who had the cow over Ortiz interrupting Tito's postgame news conference and after you were told that it was staged by Pedroia as a prank you refused to believe it. You were in full attack mode on Papi and wouldn't let it go. Now you are attacking him for having back spasms. Do you have an ulterior motive or a hidden agenda here? Did he refuse to autograph your program?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Spot on. This tool has been at Ortiz for years. He did complain a time back that Ortiz wouldn't sign his pacifier, his old lady follows the post after the original here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I have always liked Youk because he plays hard and hits well, but I am not so sure I like what he is doing right now.  Gutsy, no question, but to what end?  Yesterday he mishandled two grounders hit right to him, and his range at 3B seems very limited.  Plus I think his hitting is affected by the sports hernia, etc. 
    That said, I hope I'm dead wrong and tonight Youk is a fielding demon who gets a couple key hits. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I like Youk, a 100% healthy Youk.A great RS asset when healthy. Here's the deal. Unhealthy players hurt the team performance. A perfectly healthy backup happens to be available, Mike Aviles, a more than adequate sub. Mike Aviles should play third until Youk is fit to return. Problem is TF's a players manager, he'll play Youk until Youk opts out or is physically unable to perform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]                      I like Youk, a 100% healthy Youk.A great RS asset when healthy. Here's the deal. Unhealthy players hurt the team performance. A perfectly healthy backup happens to be available, Mike Aviles, a more than adequate sub. Mike Aviles should play third until Youk is fit to return. Problem is TF's a players manager, he'll play Youk until Youk opts out or is physically unable to perform.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Funny, TF has also been bashed for sitting healthy players too much.

No matter what TF does, somebody will roast him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

The opposition knows your weakest link and will exploit it. Walk the bases full and pitch to an injured player in a key situation. The manager sets the tone though. If he chooses to play injured players out of loyalty then thats what he'll do. For them, they'd rather go down with veteran players than new players.....regardless of health issues. Think about Grady Little and Pedro, Don Zimmer and Butch Hobson and others. It's like a death spiral just before they exit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

[QUOTE]I respect Youk as much as the next guy butis it not frusterating how often this guy gets hurt and it will not be very frusterating when he goes down again with like 5 games left.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE SOX ARE PLAYING THE SYMPATHY CARD BY USING YOUK.
    BOTTOM LINE....THE GUY IS HURTING THE TEAM BY PLAYING,
    AND FRANCONA SHOULD HAVE PUT HIS FOOT DOWN AND
    REFUSED TO PENCIL HIM INTO THE LINEUP. NO GUTS THERE,
    JUST LIKE SENDING WAKE OUT TO SINK THE TEAM FOR ABOUT
    5 GAMES TILL HE SELFISHLY GOT #200. THE DEAL WAS...
    "THE HECK WITH THE TEAM...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GLORY OF
    WAKE !!" EPSTEIN SHOULD BE FIRED AT THE END OF THE
    SEASON WHEN THE RAYS OVERTAKE THE SOX, AND THERE
    NEEDS TO BE A HOUSECLEANING OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS
    OF ALL THE OLD MEN...THIS INCLUDES ORTIZ, SCUTARO,
    YOUKILIS, WAKEFIELD, VARITEK . THE CC AND LACKEY DEALS
    SHOULD SEAL EPSTEIN'S DEPARTURE. BY DOING THESE
    TRANSACTIONS, HE HAS CRIPPLED THIS FRANCHISES'
    OPERATING ABILITY FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
    ELLSBURY MAY NOT RE-UP BECAUSE WE HAVE TO PAY OFF
    LACKEY AND CRAWFORD. BORAS IS HIS AGENT AND THEY
    WILL TAKE THE SOX TO THE WOODSHED, FINANCIALLY.
    WE NEED A JOSE REYES AT SHORT, AND WE CAN'T AFFORD
    HIM EITHER BECAUSE OF THE LACKEY/CC DEALS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : What about Ortiz? If anyone deserves a free pass it's Ortiz. Unlike Pedroia and Youk, he was key for two titles, and what more can you say for what he did in 2004. Yet people have been trying to run him out of town for three years and are giving him all sorts of grief for the back spasms, despite the fact he's around third in the league in OPS and leading the team in OPS.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Papi doesn't play the field.

Frown

That's to say, he doesn't play on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

YOUK SHOULD BE TRADED WHILE HE STILL HAS A BIT OF
    VALUE. HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PHYSICALLY " CUT IT "
    FROM HERE ON OUT,BECAUSE OF HIS STYLE OF PLAY. THE
    SOONER WE DEVELOP A 3B IN THE MINORS, THE BETTER.
    THIS SHOWS THE LACK OF FARM STRENGTH IN THE ORGAN-
    IZATION. IN THE BRONX, A ROD GOES DOWN AND THE
    YANKS GET CHAVEZ AND NUNEZ. WE GET AVILES AND
    LOWRIE. A MAJOR DIFFERENCE IN TALENT LEVELS, THERE.
    YOUK IS NOT A #4 HITTER, AND THE SOONER LAVARNAWAY
    GETS A CHANCE TO PLAY, THE BETTER. TOO BAD HE CAN'T
    PLAY THIRD. THE RAYS GOT LONGORIA, AND WE ARE
    STUCK WITH OLD MAN YOUK. FORGET SYMPATHY AND
    DEVOTION TO TEAM !! THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THIS
    IS A BUSINESS AND YOUK CAN'T CUT IT. HE HAS TO BE
    BENCHED NOW AND TRADED OVER THE WINTER. HIS
    VALUE WILL STEADILY DECREASE FROM THIS POINT ON.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Spot on. This tool has been at Ortiz for years. He did complain a time back that Ortiz wouldn't sign his pacifier, his old lady follows the post after the original here.
    Posted by OAMLFO[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought that I had this poster pegged correctly. It is surprising that others let everything pass by. It must be that the fraternity is concerned about forum traffic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Thanks, I thought that I had this poster pegged correctly. It is surprising that others let everything pass by. It must be that the fraternity is concerned about forum traffic.

Or maybe they just don't give a sh*t.
    Could be their wanna-be cop clothes are being pressed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Or maybe they just don't give a sh*t. Could be their wanna-be cop clothes are being pressed .
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

You are condoning trolls?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pikeisawful. Show Pikeisawful's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : You are condoning trolls?

That would include Beacon who is a HUGE TROLL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Kevin Youkilis has started in 180 games for the Sox at third and 534 at first in his Red Sox career. I always had a sense that he was happy playing at either corner. Coming into this year and at 32 years of age we hopefully all knew he would not play in much more than 140 games this year.

1. Kevin is unfortunately injury prone. His body type (6'1" and over 220lb) and his injury history is clear, no? Was he perhaps overused this year?

2. The Sox obviously chose him over Adrian Beltre last Fall/Winter. Questioning that choice is useless at this point. Both had a certain level of risk. We are all aware of Adrian missing a bunch of games this year.

3. IMHO Kevin is a risk in going forward.

4. Picking him as the DH for 2012 in September of 2011 is silly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Kevin Youkilis has started in 180 games for the Sox at third and 534 at first in his Red Sox career. I always had a sense that he was happy playing at either corner. Coming into this year and at 32 years of age we hopefully all knew he would not play in much more than 140 games this year. 1. Kevin is unfortunately injury prone. His body type (6'1" and over 220lb) and his injury history is clear, no? Was he perhaps overused this year? 2. The Sox obviously chose him over Adrian Beltre last Fall/Winter. Questioning that choice is useless at this point. Both had a certain level of risk. We are all aware of Adrian missing a bunch of games this year. 3. IMHO Kevin is a risk in going forward. 4. Picking him as the DH for 2012 in September of 2011 is silly.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Long time, no see. Hope all is well. I was thinking about you the other day when I read about Youk's condition.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

I think the problem is Youk is getting old quick.  It happens . . . look at A-Rod with the Yankees.  He hasn't played much either.  Usually older guys move to another position or take on a DH role.  Since Papi is the DH and had a great season, it kind of kills Youk's chances of moving over.  In a perfect world, Youk would of taken over DH, Lowerie to 3B, Igelsis the SS.  That will not happen next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I don't spend nearly as much time here as I did while in Oregon. I suppose it has something to do with being in the vicinity...I have come to rely on my own sources here in greater Boston than on this forum for information. I get to watch a lot more games too!

I hope you've been well, it is nice to see some of the regulars holding down the fort too.

Coincidentally I now work for a distributor of all natural supplements for joint health. We never claim to be doctors but we are more open to a healthy and wholistic approach to injury diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation than "sports medicine" folks are. When I think about Josh Beckett, Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Lowell, Jed Lowrie, Tim Wakefield and other Red Sox players suffering injury I cringe.