Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park?

YEA, and get off his lawn....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good god ... no ... never. I live six states away, but I'd love to be there Friday.
    Why is this team unlikable? Because they're 0-3?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"moonie, how many times do you write and re-write your sesquipedalian rants? If you were off ignore it........."

"I've decided to IGNORE you both (RidingWithTheKing). I'm...,"

"Nevertheless, you're ignored for life. Come back in another moniker and you'll be ignored again." 

"kim(saysthis)...not that I'm of any importance to you, but YOU'RE ON MY IGGYlist,"

"You show up after the thread is aging with posts and most of the comments are by people on ignore."

"WOW! Having the two on ignore REALLY shortened this thread...lolol."

"no wonder I had you on ignore  when I returned to the forum recently. Have a great Winter."

"have I missed something by having so many people in this thread on ignore?"

"Unfortunately I have you (BurritoT) on IGGY, what did you write...errrr...rant?"

"The battle's over...IGNORING (TheExaminer) you was one of my best decisions this year."

WesternOregon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I was going to Fenway when they were winning less than half of their games,why would I stop going now?They're a competitive team every year recently,but even if they weren't,I'd stiil be there.
       Sometimes it's not about rooting for a team that wins consistently,but rooting for a team you love. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I haven't been there since about 1991.

I hate going into the city, the traffic, the parking, and yes the prices are steep and getting steeper.

It's so much easier to watch the game from my happy country home.

And I don't have to wait in line for food or the bathroom.

But, yes I see your point. Look at the contracts for Cecil Fielder, Albert Pujols, Braun and Votto. It's the same everywhere. We can't lay this all in Henry's lap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

My dislike for management is well documented here.

I think I've been to one game since they bought the team.

I will not financially support this team. I will still root for the players, but not one cent of mine will go into Henry's pocket.

It's not a popular opinion to be sure, but ownership does not give a d a m n about the Red Sox, or Boston, or the fans. They've sold out many games thanks only to their unholy alliance with Ace Ticket, which keeps ticket prices sky high for normal fans. They never admit to doing anything wrong, always throwing someone under the bus when it's convenient, and backing overwight clowns like Beckett after last season. Francona, who I didn't always like, was a company man, did everything they wanted, said ALL the right things....and they stabbed him in the back after cutting out his knees after he left. They even built two new rows of seats so Henry and his pals could take over the front rows and still keep their season ticket base.

Totally classless and unlikeable in my eyes. I will by a ticket the very DAY Henry and co. sell this team and get the h e l l out of Boston for good. I will be a happy happy HAPPY Sox fan on that glorious day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park?:
    [QUOTE]My dislike for management is well documented here. I think I've been to one game since they bought the team. I will not financially support this team. I will still root for the players, but not one cent of mine will go into Henry's pocket. It's not a popular opinion to be sure, but ownership does not give a d a m n about the Red Sox, or Boston, or the fans. They've sold out many games thanks only to their unholy alliance with Ace Ticket, which keeps ticket prices sky high for normal fans. They never admit to doing anything wrong, always throwing someone under the bus when it's convenient, and backing overwight clowns like Beckett after last season. Francona, who I didn't always like, was a company man, did everything they wanted, said ALL the right things....and they stabbed him in the back after cutting out his knees after he left. They even built two new rows of seats so Henry and his pals could take over the front rows and still keep their season ticket base. Totally classless and unlikeable in my eyes. I will by a ticket the very DAY Henry and co. sell this team and get the h e l l out of Boston for good. I will be a happy happy HAPPY Sox fan on that glorious day!
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

This post is totally ridiculous. 

Who have they thrown under the bus. You're assuming it was ownership, but this is an example of you simply wanting to believe whatever you want just to fit your own preconceived opinions and bias. If you read Hohler's story, it's very likely the source was someone in the clubhouse. 

So who else in 10 years have they supposedly thrown under the bus to even show it's some kind of pattern?

Now you get even more absurd. You're ripping him for building two rows of seats for him and his pals. So kicking out long-time season ticket holders was a better option? Incredible.

The guy owns the team and spent hundreds of millions of dollars. He should be able to sit where he wants. So instead of kicking out the fans -- you would have blasted him mercilessly for that -- he spent money for his own seats. That's bad?

Doesn't care about the fans? He spent millions to fix up Fenway to make it better for the fans after the Harrington regime allowed the park to turn into a dump. He made game day in front of Fenway an event, after the Harrington-Duquette regime tried to kick out vendor. 

If you want an example of a regime that cared nothing for the fans, you need to look no further than the Harrington-Duke debacle. What an embarrassment to fans and the city.

His so-called holy alliance with Ace Ticket has nothing to do with high prices. The prices would be high regardless. Have you seen the prices of Yankees tickets. Do you live in a cave -- tickets for entertainment are steep everywhere and with a 37,000-seat ballpark that limits supply to go along with incredibly high demand because his teams have consistently been competitive, the prices are going to be high. It's called SUPPLY and DEMAND. Ever hear of it?

If you want cheap tickets, I'll find Marty McFly's time machine and you can go back to the early 1960s when they couldn't give tickets away. You can watch crp teams play and have the entire frikin park to yourself.

Henry has shown to be a good businesman. Fans today are whining because the Sox didn't spend more over the offseason despite the fact that their payroll will wind up around $180 million or more, yet you have posters complaining about him turning the Sox into a marketing machine and merchandising brand.

So we want him to spend money like the Yankees yet we don't want him to get the revenue needed to compete.

This ownership group didn't handle things that well at the end of last season. But when you take in everything that they have done in the 10 years they've had the team, they've been great owners. If you're complaining about them, what in the world do you want from an ownership group.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Yankees 0-3 

Giants 0-3

Braves 0-3

Marlins 1-3

Will fans stop going to those teams? I dont think so.

Seattle 3-0

Baltimore 3-0

Mets 3-0

Where will these teams be in few weeks.

Way too early.

There is 18 games with BlueJays. Sox need to dominate most of those games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't been there since about 1991. I hate going into the city, the traffic, the parking, and yes the prices are steep and getting steeper. It's so much easier to watch the game from my happy country home. And I don't have to wait in line for food or the bathroom. But, yes I see your point. Look at the contracts for Cecil Fielder, Albert Pujols, Braun and Votto. It's the same everywhere. We can't lay this all in Henry's lap.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]Zilly......  Im with you.  I only go if the ducats/zip, someone else drives, someone else buys the beer & chicken......  I will have to go this year when i hit my 10,000th post to be presented my new car from  BDC at  homeplate !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

Would never stay away. It's my team, it was my grandfathers team and my great grandfathers team. Win or lose I'll always supprt them. That doesn't mean I like or support all of their decisions, but still... 0-3 for crying out loud.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to "Re: Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park? : Zilly......  Im with you.  I only go if the ducats/zip, someone else drives, someone else buys the beer & chicken......  I will have to go this year when i hit my 10,000th post to be presented my new car from  BDC at  homeplate !!! Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] I suspect that if the sox lose tomorrow, you will get that 10 k post by the end of day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Have you considered staying away from Fenway Park?": I suspect that if the sox lose tomorrow, you will get that 10 k post by the end of day.
    Posted by MikeNagy stilleatsworms[/QUOTE]CoolMoney mouthLaughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Absolutely not. 

For me it's all about the experience.  In my eyes very few things can match the electricity surrounding the park on game day.  
    I enjoy watching the families bring their little kids to games and seeing the excitement in the kid's eyes. 
    I like seeing the couples together dressed in Red Sox garb, regardless of what color their hat is. 
    I like being on Yawkey way and seeing the people, all with a common interest - seeing the Boston Red Sox.
    I like the passion that exists both inside and outside the gate on game day, the excitement, the moment, the chatter, the cameraderie there.
    In some perverted way I even enjoy the overpriced food, beer, and souviners - because they're all a part of the experience. 

In spite of the fact that I live 250+ miles outside of Boston I've managed to get to at least a couple of games a year for the past ten years and I hope to be able to continue to do that far into the future. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ah Beavis!
    the voice or reasoning speaks out......now for all the whinning crying buttheads? I don't have an answer. Lets see how our #4 does tonite against the J's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely not.  For me it's all about the experience.  In my eyes very few things can match the electricity surrounding the park on game day.   I enjoy watching the families bring their little kids to games and seeing the excitement in the kid's eyes.  I like seeing the couples together dressed in Red Sox garb, regardless of what color their hat is.  I like being on Yawkey way and seeing the people, all with a common interest - seeing the Boston Red Sox. I like the passion that exists both inside and outside the gate on game day, the excitement, the moment, the chatter, the cameraderie there. In some perverted way I even enjoy the overpriced food, beer, and souviners - because they're all a part of the experience.  In spite of the fact that I live 250+ miles outside of Boston I've managed to get to at least a couple of games a year for the past ten years and I hope to be able to continue to do that far into the future. 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

There's nothing like going to a game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I did consider it once, but then the acid wore off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Yo Space,
    did I read something about a little gun play down your way yesterday?
    what's up with that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Yo Space, did I read something about a little gun play down your way yesterday? what's up with that?
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

its brooklyn baby.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]My dislike for management is well documented here. I think I've been to one game since they bought the team. I will not financially support this team. I will still root for the players, but not one cent of mine will go into Henry's pocket. It's not a popular opinion to be sure, but ownership does not give a d a m n about the Red Sox, or Boston, or the fans. They've sold out many games thanks only to their unholy alliance with Ace Ticket, which keeps ticket prices sky high for normal fans. They never admit to doing anything wrong, always throwing someone under the bus when it's convenient, and backing overwight clowns like Beckett after last season. Francona, who I didn't always like, was a company man, did everything they wanted, said ALL the right things....and they stabbed him in the back after cutting out his knees after he left. They even built two new rows of seats so Henry and his pals could take over the front rows and still keep their season ticket base. Totally classless and unlikeable in my eyes. I will by a ticket the very DAY Henry and co. sell this team and get the h e l l out of Boston for good. I will be a happy happy HAPPY Sox fan on that glorious day!

I'm not one to normally respond to a post like this but the more times I read this the more smoke comes from under my collar.

I wholly support your right to boycott the Sox but at the same time there's a certain inequity here that needs to be addressed: 

Should we assume from your post that you don't subscribe to any satellite or cable access to the Sox?  Because if you do you ARE sending $$ into JH's pocket.  But assuming you're sincere in what you say and you apparently only get your fix of the Sox via Stiggy & Co for free...
    That means that you're willing to take something for nothing.  Lots of people put money into this team for the entertainment it provides via ticket sales, souvenier sales, cable/satellite bills, etc, and that provides the money to support the team. You, OTOH, are willing to sit back and reap the benefits while someone else pays the bills.

Isn't that a lot like a... stereotypical welfare mom?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Should i be the guy to break this to you???? You are financially supporting this team? Unless you don't have cable ? Have you ever watched a game? Your paying like everyone else.So your more then one cent will go to John Henry. Hope you can still sleep at night after hearing about this........SORRY !!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I go once a year - its all i can afford - but im not going to live my life protesting their ticket prices....when im dead and gone, i want to be able to say i had a few good days at fenway watching the boys play on a nice summer day....i can then sit in my couch/casket for eternity....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm from NYC, but the reason I share NYY season tickets is I want to go to as many RS games as possible.  And if I am not at the game, I try to go to the pub to catch a few of them.  It's like a drug that only affects certain people.  I can only imagine what it must be like to have money and have RS season tickets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If you want cheaper tickets,try eBay.I just bought a pair of Right Field Box 1 low row (by the bullpen) tickets for $66.00.The face value is $52.00 each.They're for a weekend game and aisle seats.I saved $38.00 + service charges for the pair.
    Just a suggestion for those who are looking for a cheaper alternative.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]If you want cheaper tickets,try eBay.I just bought a pair of Right Field Box 1 low row (by the bullpen) tickets for $66.00.The face value is $52.00 each.They're for a weekend game and aisle seats.I saved $38.00 + service charges for the pair. Just a suggestion for those who are looking for a cheaper alternative.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

This is an annual exercise.  Every time someone complains about getting gouged, I list a couple of the most recent sales, and they disappear.

Sunday 5/13 $49/2 (less than face)
    $42/4, though deep in the bleachers
    $66/2 v the NYY (obstructed)

If people don't want to go, that's fine.  But these prices won't bankrupt you.