Have you guys seen this clown yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Have you guys seen this clown yet?

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Okay, maybe we're a little crazy :)

LOL

We are, but that piece was still a mess.

What jumped out at me was the references to Bogearts and not a peep about JBJ.

Not to mention Webster or RDLR. The guy really is a moron, which I guess is what it takes to write for Bleacher Report.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Actually I reported to BR to investigate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm so disappointed i missed this :(

sounds like it was a real blast

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Dempster as the ACE, Ellsbury in the 7th hole?  This guy might have a decent projection of wins but where he places players in the lineup and rotation make absolutely NO sense.

It's as if he wrote everyones name down on a piece of paper and pulled them out of a hat. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

I had fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Dempster as the ACE, Ellsbury in the 7th hole?  This guy might have a decent projection of wins but where he places players in the lineup and rotation make absolutely NO sense.

It's as if he wrote everyones name down on a piece of paper and pulled them out of a hat. 

Dont forget about Salty in the clean up spot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I wonder who all the "unproven prospects" making up the team were supposed to be, since the only prospect he could name was Bogaerts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

What I don't understand is that even if you are not a Sox fan and are unfamiliar with our players you could just look at their stats and know that Salty is not going to be the #4 hitter. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What I don't understand is that even if you are not a Sox fan and are unfamiliar with our players you could just look at their stats and know that Salty is not going to be the #4 hitter. 

Maybe he was making a point about the value of strikeouts being underrated. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm optimistic, but can hardly argue with anyone making a pessimistic prediction for 2013.  Last year was a disaster, and only a small part of that was Bobby V.  Players win the games--and lose them.  The pitching stayed bad, and the hitting plummeted after the big trade and injuries to Ortiz and Middlebrooks and Ellsbury (who never really recovered in terms of performance). 

Since last year no major moves to fix the starting rotation--just Dempster.  And no major moves to fix the lineup.  Napoli and Gomes and Victorino and Drew might make a difference, but seeing is believing.  Meanwhile, Ellsbury continues to struggle at the plate, Ortiz is on the DL, and Lavarnway has simply stopped hitting.  Pedroia, Middlebrooks, and Saltalamacchia all look like they will contribute at the plate.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox went 4-5 (.444) with Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the cleanup slot last season when the Sox finished at 69-93 (.426). The Sox went 26-51 (.338) after Saltalmacchia made his last start as the No. 4 hitter in the lineup in a 9-5 win over the Yankees on July 7.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2012-batting-orders.shtml

I agree that the Red Sox have better candidates to hit cleanup this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Red Sox went 4-5 (.444) with Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the cleanup slot last season when the Sox finished at 69-93 (.426). The Sox went 26-51 (.338) after Saltalmacchia made his last start as the No. 4 hitter in the lineup in a 9-5 win over the Yankees on July 7.

I've heard well positioned arguement that state: batting order is VERY overrated.  This is a tiny sample and not indicative of much, but if anything, it supports that position.

Personally, I dont know if I buy it.  It would make sense to methat you would want your OBP guys in front of your mashers.  But I've seen the arguement before.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

I had fun.

Yeah, I blasted the moron as well...That was a terrible article, even for BR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've heard well positioned arguement that state: batting order is VERY overrated.  This is a tiny sample and not indicative of much, but if anything, it supports that position.

Personally, I dont know if I buy it.  It would make sense to methat you would want your OBP guys in front of your mashers.  But I've seen the arguement before.

I remember reading an article once on batting order and the basic premise was you put your absolute best hitters OBP frist and work backwards.  If this were upheld, Kevin Youkilis and David Ortiz would have been our first and second hitters for a few years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I remember reading an article once on batting order and the basic premise was you put your absolute best hitters OBP frist and work backwards.  If this were upheld, Kevin Youkilis and David Ortiz would have been our first and second hitters for a few years. 

I always though you should put a decent OBP guy at the bottom to turn the lineup over and get to your best guys again. Not a top guy but a decent one that makes good contact .340-50ish maybe. Thats why I thought Drew would be good there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I always though you should put a decent OBP guy at the bottom to turn the lineup over and get to your best guys again. Not a top guy but a decent one that makes good contact .340-50ish maybe. Thats why I thought Drew would be good there.

If I was an NL manager, Id bat my pitcher eigth for lineup turnover reasons.  I like the speedy #9 guys w/ decent OBP.  Creates an interesting dynamic second time through the lineup. 

Sections
Shortcuts