"Hawkeye" Bogaerts Strikes Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

"Hawkeye" Bogaerts Strikes Again

He looked like a RH Ted Williams taking those pitches tonight. From now, to me, he's "the Hawk".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

To be honest the ump should have rung him up in the 7th.  But even at that he had a tremendous few games.  Some serious poise and patience up there and he ripped some pitches he got to hit.  Made the plays he had to in the field.  Yes I am impressed and looking forward to more. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

To be honest the ump should have rung him up in the 7th.  But even at that he had a tremendous few games.  Some serious poise and patience up there and he ripped some pitches he got to hit.  Made the plays he had to in the field.  Yes I am impressed and looking forward to more. 

that pitch was at least 3 inches.......on the plate...bad calls go both ways...he punched out Salty on a ball eight inches off the plate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re:

Bogaerts certainly looked great on a big stage. albeit in a small sample size. he looked a lot better than Middy. i would definitely start him @ 3B throughout the WS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re:

Bogaerts is unmoved.  To have that kind of approach at the plate, at his age, on this stage, says so much about the kind of talent he is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re:

He does seem very poised and not fazed by being on such a big stage having just turned 21. I've watched him at the plate and while other sox were swinging at pitches off the plate, Boggy held back on pitches that were barely out of the zone. He looks to have a great eye for the strike zone. Sure bodes well for his future in Boston.  

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re:

Xquipoise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

He's a very talented player and only going to get better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Re:

Didn't see him flip the bat and watch his smash shot double.  Take that Puig.

Sections
Shortcuts