He made millions playing baseball and he's writing bad checks??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: He made millions playing baseball and he's writing bad checks??

How much do green jobs and "Soilyndra" amount, in bad checks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Sox should offer him a contract they need a decent pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Problem is he hates big government, but is now looking for a bail-out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: He made millions playing baseball and he's writing bad checks??:
    How much do green jobs and "Soilyndra" amount, in bad checks?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

What does this have to do with Curt Schilling? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irc. Show irc's posts

I can't believe it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Huh.  I know the market for his business,but I lack the funds.  He has the funds (well, he DID have them) but doesn't know the market.   Hey, Curt - if you're interested, I freelance.  Cash only.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: He made millions playing baseball and he's writing bad checks??:
    Huh.  I know the market for his business,but I lack the funds.  He has the funds (well, he DID have them) but doesn't know the market.   Hey, Curt - if you're interested, I freelance.  Cash only.
    Posted by Yoshimi25
    LOLLL! he knows the baseball market and just presumed it would transfer. this is exhibit A as to y so many ex-athletes go bankrupt and lose everything, even with the entire state of RI to freeload off. when you're at his level, it just a cash flow shortage, not technically poverty or writing bad checks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

All this means is that the company 38studios borrowed money and apparantly didn't earn enough revenue to repay on time.

Yes, it looks bad. Companies do not always meet projected sales. The state of R.I. knew this was risky, they are stupid for loaning the money in the first place. 

If the company cannot raise the funds, they will likely seek protection under chapter 11.

The only reason this is a big story is because it involves a former MLB star player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to He made millions playing baseball and he's writing bad checks??:

No you're the tool for posting this. Without Schilling, we don't have a WC, yet you come on here and bash him because he is having financial trouble?

I guess you're the type who like to kick people when they are down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Harv you're missing the point, which is the hypocracy of being a big time republican but seeking a government bail out. Let the free market dictate until it's one of us that needs a hand out.

Also, note that this company develops video games...hardly as essential as the US banking and auto industries.

I realize this must be a awkward moment for right-wingers, having to support the bail-out process implemented by a republican president, turn against it when presided over by a democratic president, and then support this current bail out because he's a wealthy, republican voting former athlete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Yeah dude this has NOTHING to do with his pitching career or the "WS".

Another Tea (Party) bagger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He payed the 1.1 million himself. It is company that befor the 1.1 was already had 30 mil invested. The company has not missed any of the hiring it promised. The company will received a 2.5+ million tax credit that his company fairly earn in 2011. He is hardly getting bailed.

Sections
Shortcuts